Continued Diversity & Representation in Customization

To be fair there’s people who don’t stand in solidarity w their own communities, it happens w LGBTQ+ all the time too and it’s some internalized stuff they project when it’s those cases.

I’m not saying that’s you I just think having a conversation w them as opposed to immediately jumping to “I see why you all have issues w people against this” is in poor taste both in standing in solidarity but also because the people against diverse options are coming from really questionable places.

Like you admit your stance is on a thin line.

So I don’t think it’s as easy as being able to say

This which is also a bit hostile on top of already saying things that are very close to being questionable.

While I gave you an example of someone who does a lot of work fighting for options like this as well as better stories, I don’t agree w your follow up statements that suggest a “paragraph” has to happen to justify black and brown people existing.

So I see where this person is coming from.

Not that they attacked your stance for wanting better story that does justice to real peoples real cultures but that they because of the thin line view it as questionable based on phrasing that makes it sound like you’re one of the people who use ”the lore” (which I’ll add again the devs repudiated) to stop these conversations and options.

To your credit you said this, but perhaps that person missed this?

3 Likes