Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

You’re moving the conversation topic, I have a right to point out the obvious in the hopes Blizzard doesn’t grant you your request yes, because I oppose it.

You’re ignoring the fact that you quite blatantly skip over people who actually talk as if they have Blizzard’s backing when they are agreeing with you.

It doesn’t matter what we request or what the Anti’s deny.

The devs have already said they’re going to be giving the High Elven fantasy to both Alliance and Horde through there parent races.

What’s “obvious” to you isn’t necessarily true though. Was giving the skins to Void Elves a compromise of sorts? Probably. But that doesn’t mean the devs won’t give additional hair colors to Void Elves in the human spectrum when the time comes for allied races to get a customization pass.

6 Likes

Man, it’s really difficult to think that Alliance even deserved VEs when some people like to treat them as a mistake that needs correction…

1 Like

Well, lets go back to TBC when Blood Elves were added…

Yeah, sounds familiar?

You mean like so many of those you want to earn brownie points from want to treat Blood elves like a mistake or…?

Because Horde numbers sure show them to be quite accepted.

But this is? Because you’re not taking issue with it, I wonder if its because it’s in line with your train of thought so the insinuation I might be right and Blizzard might see my comments is what bugs you.

It doesn’t mean they will either, and if its a compromise it’s fine to surmise that it won’t happen just like you seem to ignore all the people who speak as if it is happening.

Because Blizzard already said that they are going to allow both Horde and Alliance to have the High Elf fantasy, and you’re trying to deny that fact?

Would you like me to link it for you again?

1 Like

You’re trying to see something thats not there, they didn’t promise you additional HE customizations, more for BEs and more for VEs is in context very different. It is your own wishful thinking that wants to apply that to a promise of more HE customization.

When did they do that as opposed to saying they’d give both side some high elf touches?

5 Likes

Excuse me:

“This is another place where there was a race, High Elves, in the game which hadn’t really been represented on player characters. Blood Elves were the closest, but had felt green eyes. It was an opportunity where we had a number of elven races, and we could tie it back to their roots, letting players choose where they want to align and what fantasy to play out. We did have a lot of discussion about it, ultimately we might do more in the future, but for now we’re providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available.”

2 Likes

Again wishful thinking on your part Sara.

2 Likes

They didn’t say they will. They said they might. In this very quote you linked.

2 Likes

And that could mean for just BEs at that, it seems plausible just BEs get more HE touches and more for VEs would be Void.

It seems safe to assume or surmise that as much as people seem to be taking it as a promise of more HE customization for VEs.

Lann, just stop. Seriously, stop being so spiteful. In the end, no matter how many threads you post in, how many times you try and deny, doesn’t mean it is never going to happen.

It doesn’t mean they won’t do it.

1 Like

You claimed that they said they definitely were going to, which is flat out wrong. I never said they weren’t going to.

3 Likes

I’m getting flashbacks. I started posting in these threads to point out how someone turned “We’re not closing the threads because despite what you think there’s a lot of people discussing this topic” into “A Blue said a lot of people want high elves” and again we get the wishful thinking telephone game effect

3 Likes

You’re absolutely right.

and if its a compromise it’s fine to surmise that it won’t happen

Not necessarily. I’d say adding a small number of traditional hair colors that aren’t just copy/pastes of Blood Elf hair colors (as in they are shades that are different from those Blood Elves have) also qualifies as a “compromise”.

just like you seem to ignore all the people who speak as if it is happening.

You’ll have to forgive me on that. I am barely watching the forums as a hit the Icecrown rares and only have seen your responses to my posts and nothing in between until now.

Sara is making an assumption based on the fact that the devs said that the skin and eyes for Void Elves are High Elf customizations. I personally try to avoid speaking in absolutes, so I’d say Sara is speaking prematurely. None of us have any clue as to what’s to come for Blood Elves and Void Elves in the future.

There’s no guarantee we’ll get any traditional hair colors when the allied race pass happens. But Void Elves will obviously get options of some sort.

The thing that worries me is that Blizzard could take, and is in fact incentivized to take, the path to provide those options that requires the least amount of effort and the least amount of resources to implement. That path is sharing assets between Blood Elves and Void Elves, with perhaps a sprinkle of actual new and unique options for each if we’re lucky. That’s not the outcome I desire. I’m pretty sure that’s not the outcome you desire either.

4 Likes

I have to agree. Where is all this coming from Lannister?

What a void elf gets has nothing to do with blood elves from here on.

1 Like

You barely watch the forums - fine

The post you replied to literally was a direct response to absolutism on the topic, and it had the direct quote example so you knew exactly who and in context of what I was replying to, yet you chose to lecture me on speaking for Blizzard which at best I used my logic to make an educated surmise of the fact very well nothing could be in the future.