Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

Even if the Void Elves happened to get different shades of blonde, brown and red, the Blood Elves will still do the bright, radiant and generic Elf look the best and will still have far more options than Void Elves likely ever will.

And speaking of generic, the natural hair theme is pretty universal, specifically among the Alliance, so Void Elves would hardly be out of place with just a couple of natural options.

In addition to the Sassy tails I mentioned above I’d also like to see these two styles;

https://i.imgur.com/f28NCY5.png

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/9fab68f9-2432-463c-947b-e8e279e3f3a0/d8jl2mb-e8651186-83cb-4e38-b736-c84ba05bc5cc.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvOWZhYjY4ZjktMjQzMi00NjNjLTk0N2ItZThlMjc5ZTNmM2EwXC9kOGpsMm1iLWU4NjUxMTg2LTgzY2ItNGUzOC1iNzM2LWM4NGJhMDViYzVjYy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.e84M3-66QUTh8etXyjDOU4SAVXqGRsRelEvx_FI0Ub4

As far as colors go I’d like to see that Alleria based white color, a baby blue and a pale platinum blonde, cooler than the warmer golden colors Blood Elves have, and maybe tinged with violet like the white color.

This is all assuming Void Elves get 3 new colors and 3 new styles like everyone else.

4 Likes

I mean I am a supporter of the tats, but blizz tends to have some stances that dont make sense to players. Maybe they didn’t really consider them and they will happen eventually. Maybe they have some aversion that doesnt make sense to me and you like I mentioned. Like the BE jewelry to me looks like their own “version” of tattoos since it’s more than just a necklace or small piercing (and no that’s not me saying BE shouldn’t get tats or the jewelry is amazing, since someone will come along to get offended and take it out of context eventually). Maybe blizz doesnt look at them as gritty enough for tats in general, but they are into decadence and luxury? I have no clue. We will see what happens.

That’s Raquel, isn’t it?

That’s actually a Blood Elf style originally that Humans were given in the initial patch that introduced the Barber Shop. It actually used to be exclusive to the Barber Shop for Humans. You couldn’t make a freshly rolled Human with that style.

This is quite possible, but I hope not. It’s quite an uninformed and marginalizing view to hold for Thalassians. They’re more than just pampered city elves. A fact that Blizzard seems to forget all too often.

2 Likes

Assuming we count up the total number of options accessible to players at character creation for only the males:

Void Elf Male:

Skin = 20
Faces = 18 (8 of those are duplicates using the new skin but I still counted them)
Hairstyles = 13 (including bald)
Hair colors = 8
Facial hair = 8
Eye color = 8 (this is counting the new arcane eyes)
Ear Size = 1

Total = 76

Blood Elf Male:

Skin = 14
Faces = 10
Hairstyles = 21 (including bald)
Hair colors = 16
Facial hair = 13
Eye color = 16 (this is counting the new arcane eyes)
Ear Size = 3

Total = 93

3 Likes

I would love a version of the “tiara” hairstyle WITHOUT the tiara, and to color change the tiara to silver optionally.

4 Likes

Yes this has been disingenuously brought up before, and the logic has been pointed out why it is that way.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/new-customization-options-for-blood-elves-and-void-elves/537825/20004?u=lannisterian-tichondrius

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/new-customization-options-for-blood-elves-and-void-elves/537825/20064?u=lannisterian-tichondrius

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/new-customization-options-for-blood-elves-and-void-elves/537825/20027?u=lannisterian-tichondrius

So I guess you’re just here to coldly recite numbers :confused:

It’s so irritating that the hairstyles are done this way.

Accessories should be wholly separate from hairstyle, and should be available in multiple colours.

1 Like

Indeed, and as it has existed on Alliance for a decade, I’d consider it fair game. Barring that however I suppose this style would be my 4th choice;

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EkuF8zxUYAAcNA4.jpg

3 Likes

It’s not disingenuous at all. I specifically said, “raw number total”.

I was not talking about how impactful the options are.

So when you say “some people have more” implying that Void Elves have more options, you’re flat out wrong when it comes to the raw total numbers and you know that.

As far as impact goes, the new skin tones have a bigger impact for the Void Elves since it includes not just the new ones that Blood Elves got, but all their original ones as well. There’s no arguing that… but I wasn’t arguing that in the first place so…

6 Likes

I would argue that despite the fact that Humans have had the style for so long, it creates unnecessary similarities to Blood Elves.

Despite that, I’d choose that Kul Tiran style regardless. The newer hairstyles are higher res and generally just better looking than most of the old ones.

2 Likes

So you’re just here to coldly recite numbers like I said, while ignoring the impact of customizations as that is what I am talking about.

Some may not see this as a fair comparison given that Velves are only an allied race, ones that’ve been given a lot of attention when most allied races have been ignored, but its worth noting that everything Velves got with the exception of blue eyes wasn’t technically “new.”

The skin tones were a copy/paste to appease Helf fans. I’m sure Velves will get hair colors, styles and ear length options when Blizz commits to creating new allied race options. Hopefully Belves are given more options so that they may differentiate themselves if they so choose

9 Likes

The only options that will have the kind of impact you’re looking for are the Darkfallen options… and even those would need a bit of expanding since right now there’s only one NPC skin tone for male and female and one set of red eyes. And you already know I support Blood Elves getting those.

1 Like

And yet you’re talking about raw numbers.

I want Blood Elves to get a lot more options and I don’t necessarily want or need those options to be handed down to Void Elves. Blood Elves got a raw deal with their customization pass, I’ve never denied this.

3 Likes

A fairly minute similarity perhaps, as it’s only one hairstyle that exists on the Alliance, so I personally have no qualms in requesting this.

And yes, the Kul Tiran Hairstyle does make a lovely alternative for a new Void Elf style, being more hi res as you mentioned.

3 Likes

One of my gripes with BE is that they wasted time giving them this struggle and this semi dark story, with a will to survive no matter the cost… just to undo it and make them bland, and essentially nothing more than the “pretty race”.

I dont think some tats and a leather jacket is gonna fix that.

5 Likes

I think your real issue with this would be the fact that it takes what you wanted High Elves to be away. Blood Elves are High Elves so their rise and fall and rise again is fine?

There’s never a shortage of HE fans that are bothered by Blood Elves not being evil Fel centered Elves, so they can try to validate High Elves on Alliance.

2 Likes

This was irritating for sure. The Sunwell was restored too quickly for their development to be significant.

The tattoos most people are requesting really aren’t to look edgy and dangerous. They’re based either on Rommath’s, which seem very Magister, as if they contain magical power themselves, as well as the Blood Elf on the Burning Crusade box art with the runic face tattoo.

As well as the celtic-styled warpaint that the Elves rocked in Warcraft 2, in addition to the Warcraft 3 beta. These tend to be more of the rugged wilderness ranger type, rather than “wears a leather jacket to look edgy”.

1 Like

This is what I want to use.

3 Likes