Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

I can understand that it will bother some people, but at this point, I already look like a “generic elf”. What difference does it make if I have a few more hair colors? :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Maybe it’s only a slight difference, but it’s enough to bother people. Enough that they would oppose it. Nothing wrong with that.

If additional color and style options come from Humans, I do not feel they “infringe on the blood elf theme”. They might infringe on the Human theme, but not the Blood Elf theme.

7 Likes

While it’s not a significant difference from how you look now, there are people who would like to maintain the small differences that remain within the two races.

Idk Somand explained it already, but at a time when Blood Elves have nothing else to show for our customization I am very defensive of it.

And others take issue / are defensive of it anyways having always valued the model exclusivity.

1 Like

No, they don’t infringe on the human theme because they’re being added to elves. Blood Elves currently hold the theme of generic elf best. More specifically, they have generic Thalassian elf. More un-Voidy options brings Void Elves closer to that theme.

2 Likes

Well I understand being dissatisfied with what Blood Elves got. I really do because that impacts me as well. I just don’t hold it against Void Elves. I hold it against Blizzard. I’m on the verge of believing they even did it on purpose just because Blood Elves are so popular.

7 Likes

This is a likely explanation as to why their model was updated last in WoD.

They knew people would play them even without an updated model, so they delayed them when they couldn’t finish them in time.

This wouldn’t surprise me tbh. Blood Elves were the only pre-cata race to not get a model update at WoD launch after all.

What ever the reason and despite it being Blizzard who did this compromise, the end result is the same I don’t think Void Elves should be able to strip Blood Elves bare because people can’t recognize a compromise in their favor when they see it.

And if that’s “holding it against Void Elves” then it is what it is, but to me it’s defending Blood Elves.

What truly flabbergasts me is Blizzard’s unspoken reluctance to give Thalassians tattoos.

They won’t even come out with any sort of reason as to why they would not give them these options, despite characters like Rommath and Alleria, not mention the depictions from Warcraft 2, providing obvious precedent for it, and there being a clear and vocal demand for them to be added.

It’s truly baffling.

9 Likes

At least most of us seem to agree with this :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Until someone tries to come in to exclude Blood Elves from Farstrider tattoos.

2 Likes

Well that won’t be me. I more of a proponent of “more options for everyone”.

4 Likes

When some people already have more and it’s just the concept of people with more collecting more, I don’t err on that side.

If you’re trying to say Void Elves have more than Blood Elves, I don’t think the math adds up for that conclusion to be valid if we’re talking just raw total numbers.

3 Likes

It does seem strange. I wonder if they just dont want to overuse tattoos or something because tats are really in the big picture not specific to any race. NE have always had their face markings, now we have orc paint or whatever I think, dwarves have their tattoos, tauren have some markings, NB have whatever they have always had if I remember correctly… Maybe it’s just getting repetitive for them or something.

We’re talking about new customizations done for, and the fact you have two visual themes one of which steals from Blood Elves with nothing to show for it in return.

But if you wanna play the disingenuous you technically have more math add ups because of jewelry for females and total hair styles from the beginning of BC, go ahead I can think of someone who would make better conversation in this regard than me though.

The males didn’t have these at all before, but some of the body tattoos they got come with face tattoos, though different from what the females get, as well as being locked into purple. They can’t change the colour. On the other hand, female Night Elves don’t get access to body tattoos at all.

Orcs actually got tattoos and warpaint. You can even use both together if you want.

I would argue that not having the option, especially when it makes lore sense and NPCs make use of it, is more generic and repetitive.

1 Like

I have been having fun with the new options so far but I would certainly like to see more.

For Void Elves I would love to see more hair color options since the current palate of grey, purple, and dark blue is rather limiting. Would love to see black, white, silver, and other colors you could see in the cosmos. In addition to that I would like to see more neutral hair styles that don’t fall into current primary categories of dripping wet or from the abyss.

Being an old WC II nerd, I would love if I could recreate the old ranger unit one day or something close to it.

5 Likes