Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

Blizz: Oh sorry, we changed our minds on giving VE blood elf skins, instead they will have goblin colored skins! :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I guess velves still arenā€™t getting normal hair colors huh? I was really hoping for black. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Iā€™d put my bets on more customization during the first patch into SLs or so. Slight chance theyā€™ll add some in when SLs actually releases, but I wouldnā€™t expect much then.

3 Likes

Not yet, but the allied race pass hasnā€™t come yet, they just got a few eye colors and blood elf skins. Letā€™s see if 9.1 comes with more stuff.

3 Likes

I said this months ago. They will advertise it as one of the selling points to the first patch. Keep people interested and maybe bring people back.

1 Like

If they give VE normal hair colors/BE hair colors, then what was the whole point of Void Elves, the whole point of giving them BE skin tones?

At that point they could have just copy/pasted BE 100% and called it a day.

How are Blood Elves unique as a core race now? Especially since VE have an extra theme to them as an allied race.

4 Likes

SL release will probably just have some fixes and minor changes (Iā€™m still hoping for female night elfā€™s DH- and DK-exclusive marking colors to be available for all classes), but I donā€™t expect anything marketable.

We will probably get news on 9.1 on BlizzConline, most likely followed by a PTR soon after.

3 Likes

They could still have the void tentacles to distinguish them from Blood Elves. Iā€™ll still be using the tentacle ponytail style on mine, I just want it in black. Black hair should always have been an option IMO, as it fits their theme.

4 Likes

Yeah, giving them black hair would be good for them.

4 Likes

Imagine dark black hair, with star like sparkles in it. Or black with blue or purple highlights. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Iā€™m hoping for a mixture of traditional and fantasy colors for Void Elves. The best course of action imo is to do all the colors but the bright reds from Blood Elves, a handful of their styles already found on the Alliance and 3 new styles.

In return the Blood Elves could have a couple Void Elf styles, fantasy tones and their long sought Undead color assets to make things even between the two.

2 Likes

Even NPC void elves have black hair, why players couldnā€™t?

And thereā€™s plenty of room for colors that seems slightly off or unnatural. White is also perfectly voidy (just look at Alleriaā€™s void form!), and we could have combinations of white + secondary color, like purple, blue or pink.

Canā€™t have blonde? Add a beige or grey-beige. No natural red-hair? Add a dark red/black combo. And so on.

Thereā€™s no excuse for lack of variety.

9 Likes

Well some would spin it as

ā€œJust a few eye colors and Blood Elf skinsā€ I guess no biggie

I hope 9.1 brings things back to core races, and then ARā€™s that havenā€™t received much, and hopefully the Void Elf fans of the void have first priority on more customizations for their race when the time comes.

2 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to giving Avarie here a makeover tomorrow. I have a new belf hunter as well and she will look decent.

I still need tattoos for both.

3 Likes

Customization tomorrow is No Dragonmaw/10 for me

Most of my characters are barely changing, my most changed one is only having stuff happen on his head.

I have no idea why they didnā€™t do dragonmaw customization for orcs. Itā€™s disappointing and was such an obvious option for them.

10 Likes

My main under the armor looks like a semi depressed 37 year old doing whoā€™s bored and angry his taxes, when he could look like this if we got Dragonmaw

9 Likes

We will have to keep harassing blizz for the options we want!

Your description is spot on though, and made me lol.

6 Likes

He looks awesome, and also same.

4 Likes

Still hoping Void/High Elves get Regular Hair colors & Tattoos/Warpaint. If not tomorrow than hopefully at Launch or in 9.1

The Purple eyes the High Elf NPCs have would be great too.

9 Likes