Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

Now if they could just make that tiara hairstyle (and the male hairstyle with the circlet) have a toggle that hides the tiara (circlet for male)…

5 Likes

According to Metzen in the BC panel at Blizzcon way back blood elf refers to being ‘of high elven blood’.

3 Likes

Oh nice. It’s a little different but I like that one.

Aye, Sin’dorei, that makes sense with how the language is.

2 Likes

I’m going to be off of the internet this week folks so I won’t be talking to you guys much. So I’ll be miss you all.

Because this week is the big move for me since I’m moving. Take care and talk away.

6 Likes

I wish you luck in your move.

1 Like

Label EVERYTHING. Trust me!

1 Like

Good luck with your move. Also if you are doing the packing yourself. However many boxes you think you will need, triple that. Because your going to find that things that you haven’t seen in ages, things that you thought you’d thrown away, and things you don’t even recall buying/having, all magically reappear when you are moving.

1 Like

What’s your point? For me it doesn’t matter if they are playable or not, my fav are Night Elves/Naga particularly the Highborne (which didn’t get any customization options sadly…) not your Druidic filths. I was just explaining which elves fans have been wanting to play for the last 15 years.

1 Like

They get an entire race, though.

I imagine they mean the Shen’dralar among the Night Elves.

I’d like to see some more there to… but eh. Its hard to get across what I’m looking for I’ve found.

5 Likes

I was talking about the ones which returned in the Night Elf society all the way back in Cata. The Nightborne no longer reflect the Highborne they once were, they have their own society now.

2 Likes

Nightborne are the only Highborne splinter group to retain Highborne culture and society.

1 Like

dude the legacy of the highborne are the nightborne and the blood elves

only a fraction of the shen’dralar joined the night elves in cataclysm. its literally the only reason they were allowed back in, because there were so few

1 Like

The various highborne groups have all obviously changed for one reason or another.

Three (to four) of which have become different races.

The Shen’dralar joined the night elves and brought their culture with them. While it’s not immensely prevelent, something to reflect that would be lovely.

Purple eyes were suggested, as well as Aszhara’s skintone.

I also want a similar ear sheath jewelry to nightborne but like… With metalworked leaves and arcane jewels. Rather than the angular nightborne look.

And the Shen’dralar, Naga possibly the Saytr. They were all highborne.

You keep editing your posts.

Population is not a good metric in wow.

8 Likes

I think I’m not sure but I think they just meant Nightborne / Blood Elves are the strongest successor claims to the legacy. Especially Nightborne. Where as just my interpretation but Satyr have diverged where idk if you could say they can still claim their legacy, do Night Elves claim their troll legacy? It’s where they came from but like idk if I’m making sense but my interpretation of their point was you can see where Blood Elves and Nightborne pick up as successors and the others don’t in the same sense.

woo would be pretty

2 Likes

The person taking requests no longer works here.

And of those groups the Nightborne are the only ones who have an unbroken line of Highborne culture. They essentially locked themselves in a bubble. Satyr were twisted by the Legion, blood elves were changed by the Sunwell and contact with other people, the Shen’dralar rotted away in ruins. Only the Nightborne kept it all.

In most cases, for the sake of preserving a culture it absolutely is. There’s an tiny handful of Shen’dralar left and they spent 10,000 years eking out an existence sucking down fel.

What are the chances they had artists and high class chefs? Did they take time off of smacking rocks together to make fires to throw high class masquerade balls? According to a blood elf magister in Azshara they didn’t even continue to advance their magical techniques.

Nightborne however have a flourishing city full of culture.

1 Like

Shen’drelar are actually still the purest representation of the original Highborne culture.

The Nightborne changed both physiologically and culturally.

They literally had to subsist off of Arcwine and fed off a fount of power different from the Well of Eternity and purposely changed their physiology to do so.

They also come out of said bubble with a different language. They also took a different name, both in their racial terms and contemporary naming conventions regarding other races.

So again, while like Blood Elves they make as good successors and counterparts to the Highborne, the Shen’drelar are still the purest representation of both Highborne culture and physiology.

5 Likes

living as a tiny coven locked away in what amounts to a junkie den in the end. thats reminiscent of the highborne of old for sure

:roll_eyes: