Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

it would be nice to have beards for example

2 Likes

I don’t see why they can’t share hairstyles and things. They’ve always struck me as odd to be race specific overall anyways.

I do like the idea of velfs getting Kul’tiran hairstyles and colors though.

8 Likes

There or not, it doesn’t matter anyways. We could go on and on about this, eventually it will go “but the sunwell gives them holy energy!” Which then I would dispute he’s also get that energy, making them equally as holy. So in the end be is not the ‘holy’ elves anyways. Their culture is focused on arcane/farstrider salted with a pinch of light, not too much, because if you add too much you’d have to paladin he walking in sw openly.

I disagree. Blood knights are an undeniable facet of the blood elves. Inseparable from their story.

I also don’t see why high elves having paladins or not affects things?

Void elves can’t have paladin. It just doesn’t fit them. Blizzard can get us close to helfs with void elves using the skin tones and hopefully hair colors, but I wouldn’t hold my breath for paladin.

The only issue with high elves and whether paladin would be available is that their story is nothing compared to the belf reason for having them. If high elves were their own thing, then yeah give em Pallies. But I wouldn’t say the light was as big a theme for them as it is for belfs.

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t see the correlation between what light themes Blood Elves have and what that has to do with

Why would BE themes have anything to do with anyone walking around Stormwind?

2 Likes

Because people keeps claiming that blood elves is as holy as lightforged, and in a sense is lightforged through the sunwell, which is blatantly false. If they where, there would be more he paladins, void elves would not exist ( as before they got voided they where drawing energy from the sunwell, and thus had holy in them by reasons of “blood elves is holy elves!”

They are not holy, will not be holy, and the holy portion of BE’s is a side story that is borderline is god awful with that Mary sue waifu liadrin.

1 Like

I wouldn’t really call it a “side story” since it was pretty much the main focal point and a huge story line when they were first introduced to the game… Like, ya know…that whole enslaved/not enslaved Naaru?

The Sunwell back then wasn’t made of holy energies so no, there wasn’t any high elf paladins because it was made of arcane energies. This new Sunwell is now holy AND arcane. They might not be lightforged but like it or not they’re now heavily tied into holy magics since that’s what half of the Sunwell is.

The void elves didn’t begin drawing power from the void until the ritual that turned them into void elves (they were looking for alternative sources and they were deemed too dangerous to stay in Silvermoon).

You should check facts because a lot of what you are saying is incorrect.

1 Like

Crazy how there’s some who still want to deny Alliance High Elf aesthetics due to their “Small Population size.”

Population size means nothing in WoW. Populations will be whatever the story demands of it. 90% of the Thalassian Population was killed off by the Scourge yet the Blood Elves, Void Elves & High Elves have all been able to field forces in various campaigns. Aside from that though, Void Elves being playable destroyed that logic the second they were introduced.

5 Likes

For reals, the bulk of the blood elf forces in Suramar was a blood knight division.

2 Likes

as far as I’m concerned if Blood Elves weren’t Arcaneforged when the well was 100% arcane. Then they’re not Light forged because it is half holy. All it was was Liadrin feeling guilty about what she did to M’uru and being overly dramatic. Blood Elves are no closer to being light forged at 50% then they were to be arcaneforged at 100%. To me it’s just people trying to make them what they are not. Mostly so they can be like, they’re not High Elves because they’re lightforged.

2 Likes

Has anyone here actually said they think blood elves are literally lightforged?

5 Likes

They’re not lightforged but they do have a major light based theme and section.

The blood knights are a third of their main forces. The other two being Magisters and Rangers.

There’s several in game, the majority found among the SC.

Hardly an issue. They were changed by the process. For all we know the first thing it did was server their connection to the Sunwell then infuse them with Void.

They are holy, will continue to be holy.

And arcane.

Ah, so it’s just your bias that makes you refuse to acknowledge the belf blood knights and their importance to blood elves.

Exactly.

Population is clearly a bad metric to use in wow.

Right? How do you miss that?

I haven’t seen it myself but I’m often in and out, between work and toddler.

4 Likes

you mean things like, Blood Elves shouldn’t have blue eyes because the Sunwell makes them holy, they’re light/holyforged elves that’s why they have gold eyes. the holy power of the Sunwell changed the Blood Elves, so they are now filled with holy light, so they are nolonger High Elves. So yes I would say there have been those who use them being lightforged as a reason for them not to get what they deserve.

For population to matter, Blizz would have to do actual world building. We barely even know what constitutes a war crime in the WoW universe let alone anything else.

i remember that

1 Like

From which side did it come?

…

Or sides?

Mostly from those who want High Elves to be purely an Alliance race, and needed to somehow make it so that Blood Elves nolonger had claim to the High Elf title. Plus a few who are just against Blood Elves receiving darker themes.

2 Likes

All I want is for male blood elves to have more jewelry options. I feel like they got left out with the updates compared to females, and most of the female updates were all new and cool jewelry.

1 Like

Well that is ridiculous. Blood Elves are Horde and are high elves.

High elves/ Void elves alliance side are not Horde.

They will always hold that title. Their history is their history.

Eh, that I guess is just their opinion…

Though I’d want more options not less.

Draenei Warlocks anyone? Wakeners rise again!

6 Likes

It looks like Blood Elves have already started borrowing Hairstyles from the Kultiren.

1 Like