Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

I have to agree with this. I’d really appreciate DK’s getting eye color options that match their specializations (so long as the eye colors aren’t locked to specialization and still have that misty emission like the default blue eyes have)

4 Likes

whos the nelf who was upset about nelf light purple being dk only ? she’ll be happy

1 Like

I think the only people who got noticeably different hair from the DK line are the trolls and the humans. Some races such as tauren, forsaken, and worgen didn’t have extra DK hair colors to begin with.

Elves lucked out again.

I’d have to look back and see… but i think there may have been more than one person unhappy about that, who will find that post very exciting news indeed.

Wasn’t there suppose to be Druid tattoos that are currently only for male nelves or was that only for them to begin with? I can’t remember for the life of me

yeah velfs didnt get special dk colors either. guess they figured our colors were pretty much dk already

That might be me, I made a thread about it but I don’t feel like necro-ing it since the issue is solved now.

2 Likes

i dunno. good question

shillea was the other nelf

1 Like

One of my Nelf girls is going to enjoy rocking her pink hair :relieved: I was sad that only male Nelfs got a bright pink hair color in earlier builds.

Love that they are lowering barriers and adding more universal customization, good trend.

Also for those who are invested in Velf’s getting more hair colors like white/black/blonde Jeff Liu said he heard all of our feedback on Twitter for Velf hair color options and is passing our feedback along to the team!

“A lot of people seem to have feedback on void elves options. I’ll pass on this feedback. Thanks!”

And he also said he’d pass on feedback about scars and warpaint for Belves!

Good news for both sides I think :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Can you ask about a solid black fur color for wigs pl0x?

I think it’s more that hair textures are more problematic to share than skin textures were for Void Elves. I broke down why in other posts:

…the hair is actually not as simple to copy/paste as the skin was.

Game character hair is primarily two things: the hair model, and the hair texture. Trying to use the Blood Elf hair textures on Void Elf hair models (or vice versa) would result in… weirdness… in many cases due to how the model references the texture, and how the Blood Elf hair texture differs from the Void Elf hair texture.

Basically you can’t just copy/paste the Blood Elf hair textures into the Void Elf folder and expect them to look right on the Void Elf hair models.

and

That isn’t to say that Blood Elf hair textures can’t work with Void Elf hair styles. They absolutely could … just that they’d need actual work done to them to account for the differences between what the Void Elf hair models are looking for from the texture, and what the texture actually has.

A good example of this is that Void Elf NPC that has actual black hair. When you look closely at her hair though, you realize she’s using a hair texture that isn’t meant for Void Elf hair and her tentacles look like weird dark tubes. It’s not as noticeable at first glance because it’s… well… black. But any other color and you’d notice it much more quickly and it would look awful.

2 Likes

All of this happened yesterday in the morning/afternoon so I’m not sure if he is still actively checking, but I did see people talking about Worgen tails and colors I think, as well as Upright Forsaken, and different Orc tribe stuff!

2 Likes

That’s great news… I hope he heard our pleas about the darker purple for eyes.

5 Likes

Well none of the allied races got DK stuff yet I think… however awhile back I noticed in the dressing room Velfs got skins for DK only but then they removed them…

The dk skins are still available to Void Elf dk’s on the ptr. Did they remove them in beta? The dressing room on wowhead may not have them but the ptr does… so maybe wowhead missed em?

I’ll admit I forgot to check the actual PTR and you’re right they are still there.

1 Like

Both sides of what?

I hope they’re hearing those of us who don’t want our Blood Elf hair colors to go to Void Elves.

1 Like

I believe Isveria meant “good news for both sides” in the sense that:

Jeff Liu heard the feedback regarding Void Elf hair colors. This is good news for those who want more Void Elf hair color options and also good news for those who want to keep hair colors distinct between Void and Blood Elves. The two desires are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Void Elves can get more hair color options without copying them from Blood Elves.

and

Jeff Liu said he’d pass on feeback about scars and Warpaint for Blood Elves. This is good news for Blood Elf players seeking those options. It might also be potentially good news for Void Elf players who have also been asking for those things since Alleria sports such.

11 Likes