Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

The evidence is rooted in Sylvanas regularly ignoring the rest of the horde.

She wouldn’t have done it openly, at least not until she was Warchief.

I’m not saying they’re abandoning anyone.

It’s just the only likely way we’ll get em

Honestly don’t have an issue with this.

… Where do the blood elves ever tell the Dark Rangers they can’t come back?

They’re all horde.

In fact Lor’themar actively mentions wanting to bring his people back together as one. Despite this mostly being in relation to the high elves, there is no reason he’d reject the Dark Rangers. Especially now that they have lost their leader.

The dark rangers may not even be as trusted among the Forsaken as they once were given how close they were to Sylvanas.

And again. You’re not going to get a toggle on the Forsaken or a new AR for them.

Blood elves are the only option.

4 Likes

I don’t either, but I can see why Blizzard might.

If Blizzard were to add a model toggle option for “dead Thalsassian”, there’d inevitably be requests for a toggle option for every other player race. That would lead to Forsaken having more options than pretty much every other race combined and an unheard of level of diversity.

I’m not opposed to that either as a player (in fact it would encourage me to roll more Horde characters), but Blizzard might have issues with devoting the amount of time and resources necessary to this, just to basically put every race in the game under the Forsaken banner. There might also be some population shift concerns as well.

2 Likes

Throw it out, start a cast time spell, teleport when done casting. Not really that niche. You could also use it to “un-leap” as a Warrior, extra teleports on a Monk, un-blink on a Mage. Lots of uses, it’s just more technical.

1 Like

It’s too “technical” to be practical imo. The little shadow that moves across the ground is too slow and the window of time to click again to teleport is too short. If those two issues were addressed I’d find Spatial Rift far more useful in practical pve situations. Also to note, Spatial Rift does incur the global cooldown.

1 Like

Have you ever seen a dark ranger amongst the blood elves?

They’re Forsaken, there’s no evidence that blood elves are any more welcoming to their undead than humans are. Sylvanas even has a fat sook in a novel about how Lor’themar is kind of disgusted by her.

As someone who has played a lot of warlock, I can definitely find use for a second demonic circle in PvE.

2 Likes

lol you’re welcome says the bald lady

1 Like

If Spatial Rift worked like Demonic Circle I too would find more use for it than I currently do (in pve).

The issue is… you don’t just poop out an “arrival location” and then go off, do your thing, hit the button and port back to it, with a very long amount of time in between.

You hit the button… trigger the GCD and need to wait 3 seconds for the little shadow to travel across the ground in the direction you were facing, to reach its full 30 yard range (and hopefully not get blocked by a pebble, fence, tree, or bump in the road). and by then you have 2 seconds to click the button again to be ported to it.

Seems simple enough to use when just futzing around, but in the heat of combat, facing yourself in just the right way can be challenging, the time it takes for the shadow to reach its full range is too long, and the window you have to click and be ported there is too short. And that’s assuming nothing got in the way of the shadow.

1 Like

You can also use it to return to where you were before. Like going backwards through a Warlock gate, Monk roll, Mage blink, Warrior leap, etc., in which case it doesn’t matter if it’s moved very far yet or not.

1 Like

How can you use it to “return to where you were before”? When you cast it the first time you shoot out this slow moving little shadow… you can only port to where it stops as far as I know. Or do you mean hit it then blink/roll/etc and port back to wherever it ended up?

Use it, then blink, leap, gate, etc., now you’re far away from it. You want to go back through the gate right away, leap back to wear you were, etc., but now the gate/leap/etc. is on cooldown. But wait, you dropped the Rift, so boom, now you’re where it is, which is much closer to where you were before.

1 Like

I kind of find spatial rift a bit unreliable the way it is right now… If we could just reticule target the destination it would be perfect. But I suppose non-velves would outcry about that being too op, which I don’t think so, given the cooldown.

Besides that, I’d think it would be really appropriate if Velves had a Void Rift: Telogrus flavor racial. Makes all the sense for the race.

1 Like

Ok but what exactly would be the point of all that fancy hopping around in pve? I mean… maybe kiting a tough mob, but seriously how often does that happen? And that fancy hopping around is still reliant on another ability taking you elsewhere, just to end back back near where you started. Possibly with the mob back in your face two seconds later.

The best pve use I ever found for Spatial Rift is when doing the Stormheim Dalaran world quest where you fly out through the bubbles to click the glowing ball on the hammer of that statue… which would sometimes get you stuck in the mountain geometry near the starting point when it ported you back. I’d drop spatial right as clicked the glowy and use it to port out if I got stuck. That’s really the only time I have ever actually use Spatial Rift in pve where it had any noticeable impact.

Also of note, Blizzard reduced the range at which you can be from the little shadow’s end point and still be able to port to it. So you could possible use another ability to get too far from it to actually use it. A Blink on a 3 min cooldown would be infinitely more useful imo.

I don’t raid or do mythics, so I don’t think I’m qualified to answer this question.

Either way, I wasn’t trying to say it’s OP or anything, just that it’s not useless.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s “useless”. I just think it’s impractical to use in most pve scenarios. If the little shadow got where it needs to go much faster and we had maybe 10 seconds longer to actually hit the button and port, I would find the ability much more user friendly in most pve situations. For fast paced, unpredictable pvp though, it can be super useful.

Off the top of my head it would make tanking necrotic free real estate. There are also many bosses requiring you to move back and forward, Vexiona jumps out at me.

Also kiting is extremely important in tanking keys, for dks in particular it’s the primary method of play.

2 Likes

I agree with this. For the portal race, we sure do get outclassed in portal racials by Dark Iron Dwarven Mole Machines.

2 Likes

They get a mail box.

Well let me know when you roll a Void Elf Death Knight and put Spatial Rift to the test in these scenarios and how it works out in practice rather than theory. I am not being snarky here, I genuinely would like to hear from players who make regular use of Spatial Rift in practical situations because I find too few of them to consider Spatial Rift more than a party trick in pve.

Nightborne portals are more about leylines, vs Void being “I rip holes in space on a whim”, which is how our NPCs are flavoured.

1 Like

You know, I’ve farmed the Unstable Portal Emitter toy and it is practically the PERFECT Velf racial that never got to be. It liteally tears a void rift mid air that takes you (and whomever clicks on it) to a random location.

1 Like