Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

Nelf dark rangers weren’t forsaken though.

They instantly betrayed their people and joined the Forsaken. Do you want them to rejoin the Night Elves?

Sira at the very least was mind controlled and forcefully raised. In the scenario, Tyrande makes no indication that she is rejecting any of them.

If they all were mind controlled and wanted to come fight for us instead of for the people that murdered them and burned their home and thousands of innocents I’d welcome them. I’d prefer for them to want to return and avenge their people instead of being emo teenagers acting like they were forsaken when they are the ones that turned on their people.

3 Likes

I’m a sucker for that last hairstlye :heart_eyes: If it was longer and the hairline was readjusted a bit, it’d easily be my favourite hair option in the game.

Awesome work, though! :grin:

What happened to Avarie’s crocs? :eyes: :eyes:

Has their classification changed?
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Kaldorei_Dark_Ranger#:~:text=Kaldorei%20Dark%20Rangers%20are%20night,during%20the%20Battle%20for%20Darkshore.

I’m just saying no one forsook them.

Oh…thought you meant they’re not part of the Forsaken.

I found ones that I think fit better with my mog.

2 Likes

Nope, just that they weren’t actually turned away by their people. Tyrande was actively trying to talk to Sira after she was raised, telling her to fight.

It’s later revealed she was forcibly raised and mind controlled, the others probably were as well.

2 Likes

Yes, those boots look great with your mog!

1 Like

She looks so different without her iconic crocs :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you saying that the blood elves a main race and the most popular of the horde will be treated in the same way as an allied race ??? how terrible

Sadly, Blood Elves ask for cusomizations and receive this message in response:

1 Like

pretty much and losing their exclusivity as well. the only selling point of playing a blood elf right now is non void tainted hair colors

3 Likes

People love High Elves so much.

And the fact that Blood Elves are on the Horde…
and the fact that Blood Elves can be Paladins and Demon Hunters…
and the fact that Blood Elves tend to be viewed as the most “traditionally attractive race” on the Horde.

Need I go on? Because I can…

11 Likes

theyre not the only paladin choice on horde so thats not really a selling point anymore. you have multiple options for paladin on both factions. the only access to a horde DH is. rest is just subjective. they have have very little aesthetic exclusivity. as it stands void elves have better racials with teleport, proc buff and no spell pushback. as well as having exclusive void themed skin tones. void elves feel like 2 races in an allied race

:woman_shrugging:

please do. would love to see you try

2 Likes

That’s a big theoretical that goes against Lor’themar saying no to it. So there’s no evidence in favour of it and in fact evidence that goes against it.

And yet they have exclusively appeared as part of the Forsaken. Velonara says she’s kin to the Sin’dorei. Of course she is, she was born in Quel’thalas. That’s not the same as abandoning the Forsaken to rejoin Quel’thalas.

That also completely unravels the entirety of Forsaken identity for the sake of a customisation option for a race that already has more options than Forsaken.

Then give Forsaken a model toggle.

That’s not the point though, the whole raison d’etre of the Forsaken down to their name is that they’ve been forced to make a new society for themselves and abandon their old lives after being rejected by their loved ones, their people and the Light. Having the blood elves just be like “welcome back, guys!” completely changes what it means to be Forsaken. It has huge lore ramifications.

3 Likes

We’re not talking about other races. You were comparing Blood Elves to Void Elves so when comparing those two, I stand by the Paladin class being an option as a valid selling point.

Void Elf racials are subjectively better or worse based on class, spec, and playstyle. Spatial Rift has only a very niche usefulness in PVP. Outside of that, you could get where you’re trying to go much faster by simply running in most cases than using Spatial Rift for as slow as it is.

No spell pushback is indeed an amazing racial… IF YOU ACTUALLY CAST SPELLS. For classes with no cast times it provides absolutely no benefit. So as far as combat performance goes the main useful racial to every class is the damage proc.

The racial comparison is also a moot point if you want to play Horde and be an attractive elven Paladin.

I do agree that Void Elves will now have two visual themes and I am a strong proponent of Blood Elves getting the Darkfallen aesthetic options to balance that. I’m also a proponent of Void Elves getting Kul Tiran hair textures and some Human hairstyles rather than copying those from Blood Elves. Doing that meets the request for the Alliance High Elf aesthetic while not copying more from Blood Elves and thus preserves some distinction between the two.

As to your challenge:

please do. would love to see you try

As you wish :slight_smile:

• Blood Elves are immediately available and do not require an unlock of any kind. While the rep requirement will be removed in Shadowlands, Void Elves are not immediately available for play without first playing through the Legion content that is still required to unlock them.

• Blood Elves start at level 1. What’s that? You say that’s not a selling point? I beg to differ! A Blood Elf has the choice of doing the new Exile’s Reach starting experience, which I find quite enjoyable. Void Elves (as an allied race) do not get this option. I would have to play as a core race to gain access to Exile’s Reach (and there are transmogs there I want).

• Blood Elves have a capital city, and not just a capital city, but one of the most aesthetically pleasing (to me at least) cities, even if much of it is smoke and mirrors due to Blizzard’s refusal to update it. But it still beats 3 tents on a floating space rock in my opinion.

• Blood Elves have starting zones in Eversong Woods (I count Sunstrider Isle as part of Eversong), and The Ghostlands. The Ghostlands also have a unique faction for Horde players to which the Alliance have no equivalent by the way.

As you can see, there’s a lot of selling points for Blood Elves… but the most important one is that they are HORDE.

11 Likes