Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

well they did just add 3 new brown haircolors for humans on wednesday. plus a new human female hairstyle. 3 eyeglow overlays for blood elves in blue and green and a purple one stiven couldnt identify who to give it to. a new mechagnome npc skin. something for tauren, not sure what, and something for dwarf, also not sure what. and a strange normal eye with a light blue iris with no pupil that stiven couldnt figure out.

so the idea they couldnt just as easily add tats/hairstyles/haircolors/eyecolors/skincolors/scars/etc, doesnt seem accurate.

1 Like

Ion’s exact words from an interview:

so now that we’ve kind of cracked that open, yeah, all of that is on the table. We are still going down the list of the races that haven’t been updated yet and getting those into alpha soon. But that’s an effort that’s going to continue after Shadowlands is out the door . And we’re really excited about the passion the community has around it . Our artists love going through all those ideas and suggestions and seeing what people are hyped about and seeing what we can make real.

And:

We’ve already heard tons of requests and feedback on existing customizations and things people would love to see. And while we, of course, can’t get to everything in the limited time we have, that doesn’t stop as soon as Shadowlands is out. It’s a process that will continue. There are other races you want to give attention to, and then continue to revisit just the general space of letting people express themselves as their avatars with the greatest diversity possible in the game world.

That implies to me that customization development is going to continue throughout Shadowlands and beyond. Blizz seems to like the positive reaction to the options and I have a feeling they will push them even more since it garners so much good will. I could be wrong though.

3 Likes

Same, but I naively hope that we are wrong. Fingers crossed for our tattoos.

2 Likes

at this point, it isnt naive to believe that they can add more since they just did. haha. humans got 3 new haircolors and a new female hairstyle. we thought they weren’t gonna add anything else till patch 9.1, but they did. so who knows. anything may happen between now and launch. and after launch too.

1 Like

im not expecting anything more. admittedly thats just how i interpreted things. eventually the art team is going to focus on the next expansion maybe even develop a new class concept. when they said customization will just be an ongoing thing they can add anytime going forward, i imagine it like if we come across some new trolls with unique appearances, and we quest with them and become friendly maybe their appearances will simply become new troll customization. or if we see new races with cool hairstyles(things of that nature) and they arent AR material maybe they could be baked into any race for new customization options

1 Like

allied races still haven’t had their customization pass. and the following core races need more: night elf female body tats, panda solid color/shaved fur options, blood elf dark ranger red eyes/farstrider tats/runic tats, more stuff for belf males, forsaken and troll beards, draenei eyecolors, gnome females need help lol, orc males need eyebrows

1 Like

and theres no source saying they are getting one. you guys are the ones gaslighting people theres an AR pass coming when the last word was AR are still brand new and already had more customization then core races before SL. ARs are still a novelty and while i would love to see void elves get more void stuff and blood elves getting farstrider tats i dont see it happening but anything is possible in the future

p.s. they STILL got some new stuff

the legion ARs didn’t. velfs have 8 hairstyles, compared to belfs who have 20, before shadowlands. velfs have 8 faces, compared to belfs who have 13. etc. nightborne and lightforged draenei are really lacking too. after shadowlands starts, velfs will still have 8 hairstyles and belfs will have 23, if we dont get anymore customizations. i dont think blizz will leave ARs out of customizations.

3 Likes

Make undead elf / san’lyan options for belves to balance out the pure options velves got.

GG

6 Likes

they didnt. many ARs already had tattoos and accessories before SL. core races were behind in comparison. they still got updates after saying they would not be getting any. especially void elves

Can you show your source on this?

3 Likes

looking at shadowlands beta. oh velfs now have 1 new hairstyle and bald, so we’re up to 11 now, long ways off from 23. we have more skin color options now than belfs. belfs have 14, velfs have 20. but we’re far behind on everything else. like eyecolors. velfs have 7, belfs have 15. velfs cant change their ears, nor do they have bracelets, armbands or necklaces, and they only have 8 haircolors, whereas belfs have 13. they also dont have tats or scars or make up or hair decorations or any of the other stuff core races are getting. i dunno how you could suggest they had more customizations pre-shadowlands. on top of that, they cant be demon hunters, shaman, druids or paladins.

5 Likes

I just hope they continue with this progression for Character Customization. Id love to see all races continue to see more added. It really adds to the enjoyment. I hope the VE see more added because they’re one of my favorite races.

10 Likes

hyper chan, compare core races to ARs on live

also compare void elves on live to SL ptr/beta

A turtle has made it to the water!

2 Likes

Admit it somand, you want playable tortollen don’t you?

What are you fighting about? They hinted at ar customization being worked throughout SL, the reason was they wanted to do core races first.

2 Likes

belfs have 20 hairstyles on live.
velfs have 9 on live.

belfs have 10 skin colors on live.
velfs have 6 on live.

belfs have 10 haircolors on live.
velfs have 7 on live.

belfs have 13 faces on live.
velfs have 8 on live.

belfs have 2 eyecolors on live.
velfs have 1.

and i just told you what happens with shadowlands if ARs like velfs dont get more customizations. the only thing velfs have more of than belfs, is skin color and faces in shadowlands. otherwise, we are far behind. considering we’re the same race, it feels kinda cheap, especially since you have to work for it, whereas core races are instant and dont require any preliminary work to make one.

in shadowlands ptr, currently

belfs have 25 hairstyles .
velfs have 11.

belfs have 14 skin colors.
velfs have 20.

belfs have 13 haircolors.
velfs have 8.

belfs have 10 faces
velfs have 16

belfs have 15 eyecolors .
velfs have 7.

belfs have 4 necklaces.
velfs have 0.

belfs have 4 armbands.
velfs have 0.

belfs have 7 bracelets
velfs have 0

belfs have 14 earrings
velfs have 5

belfs have 3 ear sizes
velfs have no options for ear size

velfs also dont have eyebrow resize, tats, scars, make up or hair decorations. we’re like the bargain basement version of belfs.

4 Likes

I can finally post on Lor again, but the forum bug made me lose TL3. Blizz just doesn’t want me to have that power.

4 Likes