Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

There could have been so so much more with the customization options especially for elves since they have groups for all their classes: Blood Elves: Magister,Farstrider and undead elven options, Night Elves: only one group was left out, the Highborne, the upper class of the Kaldorei who were always more regal and not feral. But again what could have been maybe one day, maybe one day.

4 Likes

I agree that Void Elves would look great with some of the Kul Tiran colors.

Some people are just around to be contrary, and seldom offer anything of value, if at all. I find it best not to engage them and keep your eye on the prize.

I’m sure they’ll finish them off either in the next wave of AR customizations or if they decide to just cut and paste all the Blood Elf Hair colors/styles out of convenience. If the latter happened I’d imagine people would expect quid pro quo and I’d agree with them. I would see the tentacles being adapted to braids for both races or Blood Elves maybe recieving a Light version of said tentacles.

The addition of customization options will be ongoing according to Blizzard, so I wouldn’t count anything out yet. We just have to continue in our requests and hope for the best.

4 Likes

It’s NOT an ongoing thing. They never said it was. They only said they are adding options for the launch maybe they could down the line in the future, which we all know what that means with “could”

Art director Ely Cannon notes that the team’s “main priority” is on creating endgame content, new zones, mechanics, and bosses, but cosmetics will remain an ongoing focus.

“Whenever possible, we’ll keep expanding on [customization],” Cannon said in an interview with Polygon. “We’re really, really happy with what we’ve achieved so far and super positive that the community is so positive about that.”

“I think we’re going down the list of races that haven’t been updated yet, getting them into alpha — soon to be beta,” says World of Warcraft game director Ion Hazzikostas. “But that’s an effort that’s gonna continue after Shadowlands is out the door.”

They’ve made great strides for customizations so far, even if they haven’t quite covered everyone to a reasonable extent yet, but it does seem to be more of a priority for this expansion.

I do agree that nothing is promised though and that one should be somewhat wary of what’s to come.

7 Likes

i hope they dont do that. that would start a riot lol

2 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me, nor would I mind, neither as a Blood Elf player, nor the riot quite frankly.

4 Likes

I wanted to see this whole blood elf vs void elf thing so I downloaded the PTR and wow void elves have like 1/4 the customization that blood elves have.

If you play a blood elf you have so many more options, void elves not so much.

2 Likes

Another +1 for void elf paladin

Also reading through the proposed ideas i love them bloody awesome! That’s for both blood and void btw

3 Likes

to be fair, male blood elves dont have as much as female blood elves, and all blood elves are missing a second theme. for example, dwarves have a second theme of wildhammer. trolls have sandtrolls as their second. draenei only have 1 eyecolor. lightforged draenei are so ignored, its amazing they are even a separate race - they have like 2 haircolors lol. they should be added to normal draenei as a customization. nightborne need stuff. gnome females are really boring customization-wise.

3 Likes

If we’re being fair theres a few things Night Elves still need.

Body tattoos for females, separation of face and body tattoos for males, green eyes like Malfy, antler options
 that sorta thing.

Even the races that got outa this really well could still use some things here and there.

5 Likes

If dark rangers/undead elves became a Forsaken option, i don’t think it should just be adding Elf ears to the existing undead model. Maybe have an option on the side of the screen, similar to when you’re making a worgen. You’d have the option to select either a “Human” Forsaken and a secondary option to pick an Undead Elf Forsaken.

I think that would be the best way to go about it. Could even just be a barbershop change. Especially if they use the same standard Forsaken racials.

Depending on the future of the Undead Nelves they could also be added to this as another Forsaken option. There’s other variations of this as well though. Like on the Alliance, a counterpart i could see for Humans & Kul Tirans would be the option to play Thin Humans. They’d use the same racials as either Stormwind or Kul Tiran humans. Just a different model you could toggle.

Kul Tirans i’d definitely like to have all 3 options.

• THICC human model

• Standard Human Model

• Thin Human Model

3 Likes

I’ve always picture a Draenei in the role of Plavalaguna singing that song! :joy:

1 Like

I agree, but the forum Karens are probably coming to flame you “Why not play human then” hahah.

I mean, I’d settle at least for just the thin human, since it’s like
 halfway done so far (still need faces and hairstyles and the rest of the beards). The only issue though is that they would have to figure out a female version, which we don’t have anything so far.

I’d racechange this mage to KT thin human in a heart beat, I’ve always wanted some sort of Gandalf-esque mage and it’s impossible with the current human model.

2 Likes

You better preach sis!

And judging by player reaction, this was a huge mistake.

This is how I’d want it done. Make them a model toggle at the barber shop.

5 Likes

They seriously need to just do a toggle thing for subraces. Then Wildhammer could have their own racials and model, they could do high elves, forest trolls, etc.

10 Likes

But if they have their own racials, gameplay wise they’re a separate race at that point. Unless you mean skins for racials that function the same as the parent race, just with a different name and display.

1 Like

I could see that work except for VE, if the arcane can do the same as the void what would be the point of void studying?

If they do as she suggested, and gave them new racials I think it would be fine.

Edit: though I dunno how I would feel to have to toggle VE to HE, they would have to give them a general name and make the HE racials not as powerful to compensate populations

But a sub-race system where they get different racials would just be AR under a different name, meaning High Elves would be an AR of an AR.

True enough. Though it does clean UI clutter.