Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

It’s shadow (lower case) themed, but it’s definitely not Shadow (upper case) themed. It’s also Elune’s warrior aspect.

If night elf paladins make sense, it’s almost certainly as part of the Army of the Black Moon.

5 Likes

As someone with a dog in the fight of priest customisation I’d argue adding silver spells for priests should be a much lower priority than adding Shadow themed spells for Holy and Disc and Light themed spells for Disc and Shadow.

Elune worship at its widest possible extent represents nelfs, worgen, Zandalari and Nightborne. Meanwhile Mag’har, void elves, Forsaken, Kul Tirans, trolls of both types, Dark Irons and indeed night elves, worgen and nightborne would all benefit from shadow themed priests.

3 Likes

Something like that could be interesting. If we ever get tattoos that could lead to some cool designs as well i think.

I think they should focus more on the stars/Cosmos as a whole if they would go this route, but some overlap with the Night Elves isn’t exactly a bad thing. The Nightborne and Belves have a similar relationship in the Horde. Would be cool to see some similar interactions between Night Elves and High/Void Elves. Another easy way for that to happen though would be if the Night Elves managed to help the Highvale Elves become Druids and find a connection to the Dream.

I’m still /facedesk ing over this since that whole thing in Legion. It really blows my mind why they haven’t just gone all out with it yet. They’ve already introduced a character for it. What’s the holdup??

3 Likes

Yessss, i agree and love everything you have said!!! I would LOVE to see the Night and Void Elves rekindle their relationship! It could lead to so many things and so many new paths for them!

3 Likes

I know, right? It was pretty much a mirror to Gnome Hunters, minus the combo becoming playable.

2 Likes

We don’t need this. We have night elves. Don’t need blizzard to screw my race further in story by replacing them with void elves.

3 Likes

We DO need this!!! I would love it c:

Or they can keep to their void themes and night elves can keep their moon themes.

9 Likes

Or they can expand on the void elves! Just my personal preference!

2 Likes

I’m okay with this if blood elves can also have druids.

1 Like

Sounds like a good idea.

2 Likes

botanist exist!!!

1 Like

Pretty much this.

The Night Elves have a strong focus on the Moon and Nature, while the Void Elves would focus more on the Arcane/Void aspect of distant cosmos and stars.

I wouldn’t mind some cultural overlap between the Night Elves and Void Elves however, akin to the Blood Elves and Nightborne.

Such as this for example. Void Elves could have their own kind of dark beauty, different from Night Elves.

10 Likes

Exactlyyyy!!! That second picture is EVERYTHING!! Selesnya you’re always just posting things that resonate with mee <3!

4 Likes

Blood Elf druids can be a thing, and despite having an isolated case of precedent, it doesn’t even need to.

Blizzard steers their lore as they feel like. Zandalari druids are a complete twist from the druid lore, and you don’t see people bashing that.

Blood Elf druids can simply, yeah, botanists attempting to heal Eversong Woods and the Ghostlands. They don’t even need to be subjects to the Cenarion Circle.

4 Likes

Exactly! The Kul Tiran Druids have no connection to the Cenarion Circle, lore-wise, but for gameplay purposes, they do. The Kul Tiran Druids, who practice Death Magic, are also called Thornspeakers.

Right! It’s also entirely possible for Void Elves and Night Elves to get the paladin class as well if they create an isolated niche of lore for them.

We have seen “Twilight Paladins” before as enemies in Cataclysm, so it could go towards that way. And to be completely honest, the Night Warrior and the way Tyrande fights screams Elune Paladin to me.

Of course, visually would suck to have these races as paladins and using the same Light themed spells. It would be a struggle to “visually roleplay” them using their specific “sacred” power sources, so I hope that if this ever happens, it also comes with a cosmetic change.

5 Likes

This i would like. There’s more they could do if they expand more into Arcane/Stars and the Cosmos as a whole rather than just focusing ONLY on the “Void” even though it can fit in with all of that. It can also make the High Elves fit better rather than choosing to “Take up the Void” because reasons. I can see regular (non void corrupted) High Elves still taking an interest in the Cosmos and not having it feel weird.

ALSO: can we get a Cosmic version of “Lament of the Highborne” ?? Because that’d be awesome :+1:

6 Likes

I’ve been saying the same thingg!! I’m really hoping they go down that route as well as using cosmetic glyphs for spells.

2 Likes

you are so positive and upbeat. :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes