Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

If I can point multiple sources that says “this is how paladins are”, the burden of proof isn’t on me to prove that non-human paladins aren’t different. It’s on you to prove that they are.

1 Like

Then by all means point to these canon sources that actually say that. Not a paragraph from a novel that describes how some guy “feels” about an emotionally poignant ceremony, but an actual canon source that says “this is how paladins work” and not “this flowery paragraph makes me think this is how paladins work”.

I’m not saying you’re wrong. I don’t know if you are or are not. What I am saying is that I have yet to see these “multiple sources”. The only thing I’ve seen put forward as evidence is one paragraph, from one novel, about one individual’s experience being initiated as a Paladin, that doesn’t actually go into the mechanics of what’s happening.

Again, I’m not saying you’re wrong. I’d love to have concrete evidence that says you’re right though, and I’d actually be grateful if you provide them so I can point to them when others question the difference between Paladins and Priests!

5 Likes

I’m playing some Rising Storm atm so I can’t really look too hard without getting shot by an American, but the book with Eitrigg and Tirion explicitly says that the reason Tyrion can match Eitrigg physically depite being middle aged is because paladins are permanently touched by the Light.

In most cases, a novel is not going to be detailing things from a mechanical point of view. Tirion’s view of the Light is a religious point of view. It’s emotional and not rational. Tirion believes he is touched by the light, there’s no question of that. But what someone believes isn’t always the truth.

Basically a novel is not going to suffice as a source if it’s only showing an individual’s emotional beliefs rather than providing cold hard facts.

A dev interview or encyclopedic sourcebook would be required I think. Can you point to any evidence of how Paladins are different from Priests in their connection to the Light without referring to a novel?

I want to be clear I am not trying to be argumentative or confrontational here >_< I’m just looking for definitive logic based evidence.

3 Likes

Void elf “druids” with void monster forms might be fun to see.

2 Likes

There is literally a scene in that book where he has his powers stripped and he physically ages. He describes energies leaving his body.

It’s not just him being too stupid to differentiate between religion and magic, he is describing a literal, observable phenomena.

1 Like

Ok now that scene, when you have a chance, if you could post a snippet of that I’d appreciate it! That sounds very much like what I am looking for!

2 Likes
6 Likes

Thank you! Now that is descriptive of mechanics and not emotions! I can now reference this when this topic comes up! :smiley:

3 Likes

No dude it´s never ever… Blizz usually is vague and says “maybe” regarding anything they may indeed consider for change/ further development.

Quel´Thalas map update has been a rotund blunt “NO” like 2 times already, which is more than “highly”. It´s the “NO” a woman says to a man she doesn´t fancy when telling him to piss off with the romantic advances, period.

In the case of game development, a no is only a no until it becomes a yes.

7 Likes

precisely. :grin:

3 Likes

Where I come from no means no.

Just let the void elves be blond so I can be happy. It makes no sense why they can’t so just do it.

7 Likes

:smile:

2 Likes

This literally means nothing.

A fire is only a fire until a fire becomes not a fire.

3 Likes

As in Tauren DH’s?

That was the joke, yes.

3 Likes

It means that, in game development, things can change. What was historically a “no” can become a yes if the game’s development shifts in a direction where the “no” becomes problematic or a “yes” becomes the desired answer.

For example, imagine if Warfronts had been much more successful in BfA. Then the Silvermoon Warfront might have gone forward and that would have necessitated an update to the zone. In this case the “no” could have become a “yes”.

Basically what I am saying is never say “never” or in Ariel’s case “never ever” because, at any time, the devs could turn your “never ever” on its head.

I’m fairly sure a lot of people were surprised by the Blood Elf skins being shared with Void Elves. I know I certainly was. For a lot of people that was a “never ever” and look what happened.

5 Likes

Before you continuing lecturing me on software development, I would point out I have worked in the industry for over 10 years and have worked on AI projects for Google and Microsoft.

What you meant to say was “things change”. “A no is a no until it’s a yes” makes no sense.

3 Likes