Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

After this video, dwarves also got facial hair split into beards and mustaches.

Also, for a few builds, male eyebrows were different, which seemed to imply they’d get eyebrow customization. Later, however, they reverted to the old look. But, given humans got eyebrow customization, I think more races will get it as well at some point.

3 Likes

Still Bronzebeard cosplaying.

Also shame on you for making me think something new came up. This was 2 months ago.

2 Likes

best cosplay ive ever seen then. especially on a gryphon mount

:face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

I need to finish leveling my wildhammer hunter so she can get her gryphons.

Ain’t a Wildhammer without their Stormhammers. They need their own racials.

1 Like

there are ‘wildhammer’ humans as well

you have more options now then ever!

So the Wildhammer Dwarves is complete! Fully.

1 Like

Not without a Stormhammer and gryphon racial. Until then it’s just Bronzebeard Dwarves.

2 Likes

It’s like you think Blizzard care about races other than humans and elves or something. What’sa da matta wit you?

2 Likes

I’m happy for the races like Dwarves who got amazing customizations. And Night Elf as well, theirs are probably the most detailed.

8 ish weeks till Shadowlands… Here’s hoping the art team is still hard at work on the races who feel unfinished.

The customization options are probably 100% done

I’m really hoping that’s not true. We did see some modifications, though minor, in this last beta build. Classes and Covenants balancing seem to be the main focus atm. But the art team pretty much has everything set in beta. I could still see some working on customizations because there are very unfinished races, not just blood elves.

Also currently if you have the arm bands and necklace feature for your character it shows as a bright white untextured piece in the dressing room. So there are clearly more fixes, customizations, etc coming. How substantial though… we’ll see I guess.

5 Likes

That’s a little hard to believe… We might not see any drastic additions in future builds, but there are a lot of refinement to be done, like Velves missing their proper underwear with regular skin options, which is something they told it would be implemented, or Draenei missing eye color option, and night elves missing fully blind options.

This week we got human female eyebrows option which is completely new… So I suppose is safe to assume that 1 month in is still enough time to implement cosmetic options…

Yes, that is the most optimistic possible interpretation. As we all know Blizzard always goes the extra mile on these sorts of details.

I’m not sure how is the actual Beta right now, but in the PTR, we don’t even have the Nathria raid armor models implemented in the dungeon journal or appearance tab, despite having bosses there.

We don’t know about new glyphs either… It’s a bit hard to think SL releasing without anything in that front. And more wishful thinking of mine, we didn’t see any spell effect upgrades yet… despite some spells still due to an upgrade.

Wrong, certainly NOT the video promo when in it you have a tiara, chocker and actual decent armbands.

The style of the “jewerly” developed for Belf customization is literally the opposite to the one shown for the femBelf of the promo video for TBC. The necklace are actually Zandalari inspired (a big ugly piece of gold), the crown couldn´t be more Disney Human princess if they tried (ergo 200% Alliance inspired) and the armband is pathetically simple and underwhelming, no elaborate cloth/metal composition but a mere piece of metal twisted and that´s it.

No Belf druids tyvm, I rather not see yet another iteration of a Belf being subordinated to an Alliance icon/hero (it is already bad enough with mages and the Kirin Tor).

They don´t need druids. Horde is very fine in regards to druid playable options.

I´m ambivalent regarding that… it was quite the burn but I certainly don´t trust Blizz with properly managing this storyline (so to say I expect to see Kael getting burned for nothing… at least in matters concerning playerbase fav Kel´Thuzad).

It depends, such small changes that go into the “detail” territory makers me wonder if they aren´t just rushing to finish and not touch anything else.

Will never happen. It´s one of the few things in which Blizz has expressed a categorical “no” several times.

I’m not one to say “never” but you’re right that it’s highly unlikely to ever happen unless some future content actually justifies it. But a guy can dream right?

The real shame is, the Draenei zones could be flyable without much work required since the Exodar is a self contained ecosystem (no smoke and mirror 2d props like Silvermoon). But it wouldn’t be fair to enable flying there and not in the Blood Elf zones, and to do that Silvermoon/Eversong/Ghostlands would need significant work.

1 Like

Where is it stated that Paladins INFUSE themselves with Light? That only seems to be the case with humans but not EVERY race.

4 Likes

It’s not stated anywhere as far as I can tell. It’s an assumption made by people due to some flowery prose in one of the novels describing the experience of becoming a Paladin for Arthas.

4 Likes

Exactly. That one paragraph cannot apply to EVERY race. The best example is the blood elves and even the Zandalari.

5 Likes