Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

Hey, don’t you start. Your Internet Disconnection destroyed Quel’thalas.

It is my greatest regret.

I was stuck running in place while the elves died and there was nothing I could do!

3 Likes

It’s ok, Quel’thalas forgives you. After all, I think Arthas made you DC on purpose.

1 Like

His foulest magic of all.

Raising the dead to slaughter their former friends and loved ones is one thing, but forcefully disconnecting his enemies?

Unforgivable.

1 Like

2 Likes

They said early it would be an ongoing process throughout the expansion, and theoretically permanently.

For Beta and launch though? Hard to say.

1 Like

Hopefully. Though I’d temper expectations. It’s also possible with the new customization options they accidentally wrecked something…

2 Likes

Would be nice if they had dark rangers in the mix, and maybe multi-race customization with the forsaken/army of the light. Mmmmmmm…

2 Likes

I think the simplest thing that Blizz can do for Dark Rangers is to add the Darkfallen options to Blood Elves, and red eyes (and any other identifying options) to Forsaken so both Blood Elves and Forsaken can reasonably create characters that fit the Dark Ranger fantasy (and San’layn in the case of Blood Elves).

6 Likes

That’s a possibility, does it address everything that dark rangers demand though?

Outside of a specific Class named Dark Ranger, I would imagine it covers the basics. Dark Rangers are typically dead Blood Elves or Forsaken (dead humans) are they not? If the customization options exist for both races would that not fulfill the fantasy? If there’s more customization necessary to pull it together we simply have to request it consistently.

3 Likes

I can see where you are at. If someone cane pull the undead elf look (darker skin tones, red eyes) with darkfallen I can see an rp work with it.

I believe the best method would be to start with what is already available, which are color assets for Blood Elves and maybe elven appearance options for Forsaken, though the latter would take more work as the closest assets available would be the withered models from BC. I’m all for adding these options to Forsaken at some point out of respect for their players sense of racial identity.

Extra San’layn features in addition to skin/eye colors would be great to see as well.

2 Likes

Exactly why Quel’thalas fell during the scourge invasion. Arthas went right to the source before Lancelot could save us all.

Void Elf hair options in the beta are so rough.

1 Like

We still get this fabulous deliciousness though. I think I like it even better than the style I’m using on Somand. Of course, it doesn’t work with the hood around the neck I like to wear on Somand, so I doubt I’ll change hers.

I’d like them to have the option for white hair, and obviously, blonde or brown. But even white would be fine for tones. But they’ve got serious issues when it comes to styles. Unless you’re trying to look like a warhammer 40k dark elf.

5 Likes

Yes, I’d love white hair. Even if they don’t want to give natural hair tones to Void Elves, white hair goes perfectly anyway.

10 Likes

Yeah. It thematically fits… and, thematically is kind of pointless anyways now that they’ve got fleshtones in the first place.

I’m sure it’s just a matter of time, but it makes the inclusion of skintones annoying. (In so far as it feels like mostly teasing.) I don’t particularly want to create any high elves with the current options. On males anyways.

Yeah, not gonna lie, having the skin but not hair is kinda weird.

Still, just skin tones is certainly better than nothing.

12 Likes