Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

WoD was nasty on the original orc story, so yes, this is true.

2 Likes

Turns out orcs will just go on a murder spree for any old reason, I guess.

4 Likes

“Hey this bald guy said we should unite genocide the Draenei, all smaller clasn who don’t comply AND then another world filled with people. Guess we’re doin’ that now uh?”

1 Like

It seriously took orcs from tragically misled to complete violent muppets.

and this is Blizzard’s love letter to them

4 Likes

I hope they’re wrong, and if they want to argue lore, I’ll step up.

But people are allowed to disagree with me without it being the end of the world, or even them being bad people. Especially about pretendy funtime elf hair.

3 Likes

I don’t consider your opposition to my wants as toxic. But your interactions with me lately have felt rather hostile. As if I personally did something to hurt you. If I did, and I didn’t realize it, I apologize. Maybe you won’t take what I say as sincere, and maybe how I word things isn’t as good as it could be to convey what I am trying to say, but I don’t consider you “toxic” or unjustified in how you feel about the options Blood Elves got or even your desire to protect their “uniqueness”.

I just feel like there was a sudden shift from the dynamic you and I had a while back. And after that shift your posts towards me became colder and more hostile seeming. Maybe I simply read them wrong, but that’s how they came across to me.

We disagree on the definition of stealing, even in the case of sharing assets from Alliance races with Void Elves so as not to copy any more assets from Blood Elves. I can’t help that. I’m not really asking for more “High Elf” options at this point. I’m simply asking for options.

Am I asking for some traditional hair colors in the Human spectrum? Yes I am. Do I need them to be exact copies of what Blood Elves have? No I do not. Do my wants include at least one shade of blonde? Yes. Does it need to be the sunny yellow or platinum blondes of Blood Elves? No it does not, and in fact I’d much prefer a more muted more beige blonde, which is not a blonde that Blood Elves have.

I’d be quite content with these hair colors added to Void Elves:

But I understand that you and others oppose those last two options.

14 Likes

I don’t really have one at this point beyond that I think it’s a waste of time that could be spent asking for the options they want. But then their time is theirs to spend as they wish.

3 Likes

That brown on the right is basically my hair color irl.

You have a yes from me.

7 Likes

The blonde there is about my natural color though it could be more muted and a tad darker to be a closer match to my own RL hair. It’s the primary reason I want it, since my character here is sort of my own wish fulfillment, self insert.

6 Likes

This would be where if I had an issue it would be it. As I have continually said you belittle people with differing opinion, others outright villainize them, so I tend to group it all together being belittled and villainized over opposition to what I view as more stealing of the BE main and only theme.

Which is not the Void main theme, yes or no? Then we arrive at why I disagree, and why I feel what has been done so far has made people feel emboldened or entitled to more in a theme that isn’t your main concept.

I’d like that black for Persistent, for sure.

…that soft baby blue is really cool.

When I float actual ideas for void elf hair, I usually like the two tones because they’re different from what blood elves have and can lean void or high, depending…
But those look nice.

2 Likes

I think this comes across as more hostile than you intend. It makes you somewhat easily confused with those who like to view opposition as toxic. I think your falling out may be due to misunderstanding.

I’m not belittling opinions when I say I think it’s a waste of time. I simply just think it’s time wasted. That’s not belittling, it’s just my opinion that there’s more productive ways to spend that posting time . If you want to misconstrue that as belittling I can’t stop you.

Which is not the Void main theme, yes or no?

That’s harder to answer than it may seem. In some respects… yes it is? And in other respects… no it’s not? And some might even say… it depends? You’ve said that black and white is ok because it fits the void theme, but they are also hair colors in the human spectrum. So why are some human colors ok and others are not? Is some sort of beige hair with tentacles in the void theme? Why is it ok for Blood Elves to have shades of blue and purple hair colors but it’s not ok for Void Elves to have a single shade of blonde or brown?

Then we arrive at why I disagree, and why I feel what has been done so far has made people feel emboldened or entitled to more in a theme that isn’t your main concept.

Emboldened? I suppose that would not be an inaccurate word to describe me. But entitled? No. That would not be accurate at all. I do not feel as if I “deserve” this or that customization option. I do not feel “entitled” to this or that customization option. I simply ask for the options I want.

As to why I might feel emboldened? It’s because Blizzard has said, on a number of occasions now, that more customization is coming and that feedback on what’s been made available so far has been very positive. That “emboldens” me to keep asking for the options I want because it seems like I have a good chance of getting them. But am I entitled to them? No I am not. I can’t say that any clearer.

5 Likes

It’s possible. Not sure what I can do outside of not sharing my opinion. But you were the one who asked for my opinion, so I gave you an honest answer.

6 Likes

You’re missing my point entirely I consider the entire request for more seeped in entitlement because it would have been nipped in the bud had Blizzard never done it, or if people just graciously now moved directives to more Void options, it is their choice not to and that is how I see it as a result.

If my mom let me skip school as a kid once, does that not make me entitled to thinking I can do it again? I’m not actually expecting to get away with out again in the immediate future, but she has now entitled me to thinking I can some time in the future, my future requests to skip school now has a precedent and foundation on the fact I can cite the last time she allowed it. That is what I am talking about you are emboldened based on the fact that you are entitled, that isn’t me saying I see you as actually feeling entitled to the specific customizations just like I wouldn’t be entitled to the specific day I wanted to miss school, but a precedent has been set that I simply am now in that regard entitled, I can use it as platform now to plan future days to skip school (which I often did).

And I am viewing this just like the time you didn’t understand my view point on stealing, which as I pointed out Somand summarized correctly for me as well after your verbatim take on it.

But Blizzard did do it.

And they told us that these were high elf customizations for red and blueside.

And then they asked for more feedback and mentioned they’re probably doing more customizations since we’re so happy.

THIS is literally the best time to let them know what you want. They want to hear it!

8 Likes

That’s fair. Just thought I’d point out why it could’ve been taken the wrong way.

I don’t agree with this. If the request for more hair colours on void elves is inherently entitled, regardless of the behaviour of the requester, then so are all requests, including anything more for blood elves.

10 Likes

Oh, I would love to see these hair colours for the VE’s. They look amazing :smiley:

6 Likes

I’m entitled to more than one Bronzebeard tattoo and feathers working with all my hairstyles, tbh.

4 Likes

All I can say about this entire post is that… you’re wrong. Plain and simple. Your analogy is flawed and your use of the word entitled is flawed. I’m not emboldened because I’m entitled. I’m emboldened because of the decisions the devs have already made, and from the words of dev interviews about what’s coming in the future.

Blizzard gave High Elf customization to Void Elves and there’s no putting that genie back in the bottle now. And because of that, it’s also reasonable to expect more requests for options in that vein. Will Blizzard answer those requests? We don’t know yet.

6 Likes