Congratulations Blizzard!

It’s

A. Not Blizzard’s fault that you’re not better at Dragonriding

B. As someone who has also spent some time on a side of a mountain, you’ve still saved a ton of time if we only had riding mounts per usual.

1 Like

Considering with all the glyphs you never have to stop, + the fact if you’re halfway up a mountain you can just dive off it and regenerate vigor and keep going, I’d say it’s likely the OP either doesn’t have glyphs or doesn’t understand how it works.

1 Like

yup, there were also people that liked mission tables, pet battles, warfront and all that other dead stuff too.

kek

kek10chars

This is just wrong. You can fly from the lowest point of the map to the highest peak and down and up and down and up again without ever stopping. You can make full loops around the entire continent.

If you’re having to stop to recharge then you’re doing something wrong.

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion. You aren’t entitled to put it up in a public forum and pretend you’re above reproach.

Yea another Dragon Riding is bad post. It is the most freeing experience we have ever had in WoW.

Well I guess I’m just not good at it then. If I try to fly from the tuskar village to up north, the land gradient is far too steep even with maxed out flying for me. Everywhere else is fine though.

^This. With it maxed out I can fly from one end of the new area to the next, across all the zones with ease. I only have to land if I miscalculate when I’m needing to ascend.

Dragonriding. OP flew into a mountain while was looking at his map and blames blizzard for his mistake.

1 Like

Get a friend to help you with the glyphs, guaranteed it helps.

This probably gets parroted a lot on here, but aim upward when you use skyward ascent then do a slightly downward angle (like almost parallel to the ground, but enough to keep the speed buff) and keep using skyward ascent and regenerating in between.

When you take off from a low point, using two skyward ascents in a row will get the speed buff going and then you have freedom to either surge forward or just keep climbing up.

Don’t ever go all the way to 0 vigor, but you should replenish fast enough either way.

I flew from the community feast to the super tall mountain near Valdraken a few times.

2 Likes

You really don’t need to wait.

Try gaining momentum and aim yourself upward and use skyward ascent followed by aiming in a downward direction and repeat. If done properly, you won’t run out of vigor while flying.
You may need a fair few glyphs before it’s possible, but you certainly don’t need all of them.

I hope this helps other people before they turn toxic.

Once you unlock all of the Glyphs it’s very easy to maintain max speed when traversing the map. It takes a little practice, but if practice is the price for 830% MS, then it’s very affordable.

Yeah but as soon as you finally get it, it’s so fun riding down the mountain and across the zone.

1 Like

Yup… They have ultimately done what they’ve done for years; Cater to the casuals who do not wish to put in time, effort, and dedication into the game but reap the benefits that more active players receive.

Ok for all the cry babies out here yes its a different game mechanic. Yes some players may not like it no one really cares. I personally find it like a mini game in a game. It makes me think about where i need to go and how to plan the trip. My advice practice and get good or go back to stormwind and hover over the auction house or better yet stay mounted and sit on top of quest giver to piss people off.

Here’s a visual representation of the angle you should use if you want to climb.

https://puu.sh/JtpHL/1f9eb94e04.png

If you go straight up, you can angle yourself slightly downwards to gain enough energy to go straight up before you’ve dropped in height.

Dragonriding is entirely about going fast enough that your energy regens mid-flight. Once you learn the trick to doing that, you’ll be able to fly infinitely.

The only one that requires multiple rests is on top of the tallest mountain on the map. The rest are very easy to get

I took my very first hour out on the island and maxxed out dragon riding. I have 0 regrets about that. And I suggest every new player do it. Because dragon riding is honestly amazing.