Confirmed Chromie is trans

did’nt say she was’nt my waifu, just that i don’t know how to feel about her now. no hate just… nehhh…

not against trans, just iffy on chromie being trans.

like, specifically.

ebonhorn is a tuaren dragon and possible wrathions future mate as they make a great couple

ew… dude, they’re brothers! that’s ain’t right… also, ebonhorn’s got that little beard-tuft in his dragon form, i can’t see wrathion diggin facial hair.

you mean the tyrande/malfurion/illidan love triangle because blizzard gets their eggs off thinking about a brother sleeping with his brothers wife? won’t be surprised if later on blizzard confirms they are a throuple relationship

1 Like

i thought they were copycatting dragonlance with those characters?

but they are dragons and thats normal for animals plus we have no other bi or gay dragons couples yet plus wow lore already confirms dragons of the same hatched brood (bloodline) pair up as mates sometimes

and heres two examples

For instance, Wrathion is called the son of Deathwing, like Nefarian, however he calls Onyxia “Aunt Onyxia” during the legendary questline.

Also, what would Kalecgos mean when he says he and Tarecgosa had a special bond, “not unlike siblings”, when they are in all likelihood related by blood as children of Malygos?

plus most the collective groupings of dragons came from aspects most of all, prior to that they were proto drakes and its confirmed that dragons always thought like people even during primitive proto drake era via the book they fought galakrond

yeah, but most animals are’nt… what’s the word… cognitive enough to understand that they’re family, and that inbreeding will eventually cause birth-defects within their offspring.

huh… i guess that explains why nefarian was trying to resurrect onyxia back in cata…

1 Like

WoW is set in a world where magical influences can fundamentally change everything that makes you you. That really should be enough to put to rest any concerns people who are uncomfortable with Chromie being “trans” would have. How Chromie was born or what she used to be doesn’t really have any bearing on the Chromie we know - or, at least, it shouldn’t.

The new lore about Chromie is undoubtedly a retcon, albeit a well-intentioned one, but I see no reason to treat her any differently from how she’s been treated up to this point.

imagine founding out your gnome daughter or son who is still in school is dating chromie a little gnome girl then finding out shes a 900 year old guy dragon. screams predator. Blizzard most seriously baited themself with this choices, out of all the dragons. Especially one they literally confirmed to always have been female in the freaking wow magazine series back in 2010 when devs where questioned about her.

But hey look who we have president in the USA even what he pubilically says about and does with children on live tv

1 Like

true, i suppose. does make me question certain… biological questions whether or not she can lay eggs or… uh… i guess hunting meat for the hatchlings would’nt really be affected…

Wrathion calls Deathwing his “father” for the same reason Ebonhorn does; he is considered to be the father of the entire Black Dragonflight, but he isn’t literally.

Biologically, Deathwing is Wrathion’s grandfather, and Onyxia is Deathwing’s biological daughter.

Wrathion referring to Deathwing as a father should be taken as an informal title, whereas his reference to Onyxia as his aunt is quite literally what she is to him.

I guess how I really feel is…who cares? I mean, whether Chromie is trans or not, that was never the interesting part of her character. She’s quirky and fun, seems to really be on the adventures side instead of just using us like most dragons do. Her personality is what makes her awesome and unique, not the fact that she’s now officially trans.

The thing that does annoy me is Blizzard itself and it’s shameless attempts at trying to prove how inclusive it is. Decades ago we had movies, tv shows, novels, comics, and even video games displaying LGBT characters. Blizzard hopped on this train finally when they made Tracer in Overwatch…when it was safe to do so. Then in the last year we’ve had Shaw/Flynn, the Nightwarrior couple, and now Chromie. It’s like the devs are in a race to show how inclusive and woke while they grab this low hanging fruit while it’s safe. I’m glad there is more inclusion in the game so more people feel represented. I just hate that it took Blizz so long to do that at this point it only feels like pandering. But I suppose they have to start somewhere. /shrug

I’m still waiting for this mass exodus of woke companies going broke. Pepsi, coca cola, Adobe, McDonald’s,

Hell even if you watch heelvsbabyface lol, batwoman is still being produced because there’s an audience for it.

I think we call that capitalism

1 Like

what are you on about?

1 Like

LOL yup. There’s shows that have been cancelled for being even less profitable. And yet they keep making more.

I enjoy watching heel review it tho

Gnomes aren’t meant to be coded as children. Chromie has also never shown any romantic interest in any other WoW character, and most likely won’t, much less pursue a literal child.

I feel like you might be inventing a problem that doesn’t exist.

4 Likes

i mean if the company cancels the show ppl gunna cancel the company and accuse the company of voting trump

If Azerothian Dragons can assume any mortal shape they want based on their whims, do human gender assignments really matter? What if Chromie decided to pose as a male night elf to get into that swanky party on Saturday and then went back to being a female gnome the next day?

I would not go so far as to presume positive intent.
Methinks it more likely a mercenary decision in light of prevailing trends, or such that have by theyr benefactors been noted.
E’er the cynike am I, though, when considering corporations.

2 Likes

except they do not shift based on a whim which is now cannon in the book wowhead article is about it is now a long and meaningful ancient ceremony where they choose a bonding form of who they feel they truely are inside as a mortal permanantly for their dragon form.

maybe its to set up dragons in a future xpac as to why you gotta go to barbershop to customize your mortal form or you gotta buy a race change to change the race of your dragons mortal form whatever but its now cannon dragons do not cosntantly swap forms they have 1 mortal form based on who they are inside aka trans even