Confirmed Chromie is trans

Yeah, if the argument is because she took a female form that she is trans. I guess that also means because she took the form of a gnome she is no longer a dragon as well? If you are a being that can take the form of basically any humanoid, I think the “sexual identity” really doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

Why you think so? Why fix something that isn’t broken just to please a small crowd?

4 Likes

Can anyone tell me chromie’s pronouns and Twitter page. I can’t sleep at night not knowing their sexual preferences. :yawning_face:

1 Like

I have a bingo card for LGBT threads.

3 Likes

So you don’t have any problem with genocide, or murder, or torture, or slavery? And you’re okay with dragons and demons and orcs and elves but a transgendender dragon is too much?

6 Likes

True. But the HotS devs knew she was female, and the WoW team didn’t care to correct them about it. Until they decided to change her with this book

Just because her name appears to follow male naming convention doesn’t mean she was ever a male. She flat out says it is a female name.

2 Likes

HotS devs know nothing.

Chromie and J.D. Collie were two of my favorite characters from Vanilla - role models if you will from back when I was a female gnome. I love Chromie - she’s one of the best written characters in WoW. I really need to get Chromie Homie status with her but the Deaths of Chromie quest in Dragonshire seems brutally hard to me. I should try it again.

dragons have genders, they lay eggs, he’s not a god

1 Like

I’m desperate? You’re the one who came across as desperate lol, I couldn’t care less if there is a trans character in game or not.

i’m not desperate at all. If you even read my other posts you can see i’m posting information at a very clear headed level. Instead you skipped to something you could attack, get drama out of, and feel better about yourself.

1 Like

Male blood elf, enough said.

1 Like

Don’t dragons reproduce asexually? I mean I know they “mate” but we see instances of dragons having eggs and clutches without actual mates - so are they not more or less agendered?

Just wanted to point out that the fact that she switched pronouns after making her “form” choice is pretty much a confirmation. You don’t have to have physically changed to count as trans - just making the decision to present as such is enough.

1 Like

That isn’t braveness. That is following the crowd right now. What would be braveness is to stick to your origins in spite of the ‘wake woke’ folks now.

8 Likes

i think they meant that LGBT megathread that was up, not sure where it’s at now since i think i hid it

1 Like

I mean, not really? The other dragons started calling her she/her, not Chromie herself. Which would make sense, if she was in the guise of a female gnome for the same reason we may use he/him or she/her when addressing people on the forums because of their avatar choice.

Until we get 100% confirmation, I’d be hesitant to say it’s 100% confirmed, because right now it isn’t. It’s just a lot of assumptions. Hopefully someone at Blizzard (either here or on Twitter) can confirm that Chromie is indeed trans and maybe someone can explore how that works for dragons in an interview or something.

1 Like

I thought the general assumption was always Chromie being a male bronze dragon but taking the form of a female gnome, given the naming conventions of bronze dragons. Guess now it’s confirmed and remains consistent.

I see no significant change here, why is this suddenly a problem now?

1 Like