Confirmed Chromie is trans

must… resist… the bait…

2 Likes

Who cares, people that said it probably no longer works for Blizzard, meaning they’re nothing more than a fanfic.

i’m not defensive, i’m stating facts. Just because you are so desperate for a transgender character to justify your decisions don’t go insulting other people for speaking out facts.

2 Likes

Predictions of words used before even reading the thread: The Left, Agenda, Shoving in Face/Throat, Nobody Cares/Who cares (But they actually care), Woke

5 Likes

Did they forget SJW?

1 Like

The fanfic is them crapping on their own lore to push this kind of stuff.

4 Likes

Everything is becoming woke. that why rating for the Oscar and Golden Globes are in gutters because no give a “S” about social justice and hates being lecture about the color of their skin or what party you support. Blizzard need to stop pleasing small percent of the crowd and let us enjoy our gaming in peace.

7 Likes

The people crying about this are doing a terrible job of pretending it’s all about the ‘lore’.
:joy_cat:

7 Likes

I couldn’t care less about the lore in this game anymore, it got ruined by terrible writters.
I simply don’t agree with woke bs.

5 Likes

IKR it’s even more funny because bronze dragon’s are usually just plot devices anyhow. Acting like they are this big effect on the lore is really damn funny. And it’s just one minor character as well lol.

2 Likes

I care even less about this than I did the whole pelegos affair. Just make the characters interesting and their sexual identity won’t really matter. Hell it’s not like Blizzard has done a bang up job with the “straight” couples. I mean they used Tryrande and Malfurion as a running joke for 2 expansions now.

There is no ‘woke’ bs happening except in the minds of people who can’t see past the end of their noses.

1 Like

Dragons can effectively change their mortal guise at will, at any time, for any reason.

For example, Kairoz, who we saw in Mists of Pandaria in the form of a High Elf, took on the form of a Mag’har Orc on Draenor. He did this to blend in because a High Elf would look out of place on Draenor and he was right, or he would have been had Garrosh not stabbed him in the back and murdered him almost immediately.

At the end of the day, the mortal guise that dragons take is an illusion, a complex one, but a magic spell nonetheless. It’s not a permanent physical change. There’s no indication that Chromie is uncomfortable with the fact that her dragon form is male, only that when it comes time to don her mortal disguise, she prefers the form of a female gnome.

Compare Chromie to Pelagos, a 100% confirmed transgender character in the game and we can see some very obvious differences. Pelagos states that he never felt comfortable in his female body while he was alive. That he always had trouble struggling with his identity. The moment he realized he could pick a form after he arrived in Bastion, he picked the body of a male Kyrian and since then he has never looked back.

So in Pelagos, we see gender dysphoria, followed by a transition from female to male after death, followed by acceptance and a feeling of being comfortable and excited, as their body now matched how they felt the entire time.

So I’d hesitate to call Chromie transgender. It’s possible. More than possible, but there are enough significant differences present to cast a bit of doubt on the entire thing.

4 Likes

oh god lol - i can see it now

i am a 900 year old dragon!!!

but imma morph into this 12 year old looking human girl to hang out with this 14 year old human boy

FANTAZY ROMANZE

1 Like

To quote Chromie from early on, “of course it’s not a male name. You don’t know the intricacies of dragon culture.”

She was always female, despite the name. Take this retcon with a grain of salt

4 Likes

Please link a ‘mega thread’ about Chromie.

This is wrong.

beings like Chromie are neither gender the just take the forum of a mortal to communicate with the lessers

That quote comes from Heroes of the Storm, which is non-canon.

1 Like

I heard she’s scheduled for draconic top surgery this month.

1 Like