Confirmed: Brutosaur Mount is now a Feat of Strength

No. The value of gold, and possibly the tokens themselves will go down. Vendor items like the auction mount have a static price, so gold is worth less and you need more WoW tokens to buy them. This doesn’t impact the player economy much, mainly just the vendor items.

Most likely though, inflation is inevitable. It will just slow or stop the process rather than deflate gold value.

Yeah, this is what I meant. There was a blue post in a thread created by a player, and it took a week after the initial confirmation for them to provide any reason for the removal (They don’t want the portable AH to be common like repair mounts are). There has not been any Blizzard-initiated conversation about it, and they keep harping about how few people use these forums, so you’d think they’d try to inform more people.

My cynical side is expecting some kind of “catch it before it’s gone!” announcement about the time they confirm a date for Shadowlands launch/9.0 release. FOMO driven token sales yay -_-

1 Like

If they are going to add another ah mount to the game later, then it’s all the more reason that this decision doesn’t make a shred of sense. The argument is that by removing the ah mount from the game there won’t be an insane amount of them running around later. Why would they then turn around and add yet another ah mount to the game after saying this? If they add another ah mount to the game it’s going to light a fire under the people who 1. got the brutosaur after a hard grind because they were told it was removed come shadowlands (now they were pressured into investing that time under false pretenses) 2.spent half a grand in fomokens.

Also if they are worried about it being to common they could always just raise the price of the vendor but instead they are removing because they want the desperate dummies to buy the mount in cash. At this point i’ve decided if i do get the mount it will be from grinding out gold in 8.3 and i’ll never spend actual cash on blizzard entertainment again. I’ll buy my expansions/subscrtipion with wow tokens purchased with gold.

1 Like

Prestigious? It’s a gold sink in a video game.

1 Like

Why not just make it a “mount equipment” item or w/e?

oh wait because that was just there to restrict future mobility and said screw you to the people who grinded that rep.

1 Like

They don’t want players having mobile ah is the claim. We all know that’s an excuse and i hope that the mount equipment system is expanded upon because if not they’ll just remove it and act like the rep waterwalking mounts never had waterwalking to begin with .

1 Like

They will never expand upon the mount equipment system except for like one time in a specific expansion that requires the new “must have” equipment that is needed to progress through the story.

You are under the impression that:

1. Blizzard is above the implication of “false advertising” to sell tokens.

2. That people being “offended” by this will matter in the long run.

3. That people will actually be offended by this that didn’t blow hundreds of dollars on WoW tokens in a frenzy to get this mount before it was gone. (If you did, then I pity you friend.)

Unfortunately, most likely none of these things are true. Especially the part where Blizzard doesn’t want to ‘offend’ people by releasing a new mount next expansion after people have poured tons of money into WoW tokens.

Why do you think they are removing it in the first place? To make it ‘special’ for players who bought it? Of course not. It’s to push people to buy WoW tokens. And they’ll do it again because they want people to buy more tokens. And people will.

1 Like

Yeah, if I’d known that the cost of a gryphon mount was going to jump from 2k in MoP for the Grand Armored Gryphon to 70k for some reskins of that mount, I would have milked the mission tables in WoD and Legion rather than enjoying other parts of the game.

7 Likes

Expecting consistency and logic from Blizzard is like expecting a dog to be able to play Mozart. They just arent capable of it.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I expect, particularly when they announced the FoS without explicitly stating that the mount is being removed from the vendor.

2 Likes

Nah to big for my likeing and i don’t mean the price for it the size is to big.

Same i have the gold just don’t care for it

They already specifically said why.

It’s got nothing to do with the model or making it “special”. They just don’t want to see lots of mobile AH mounts running around. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’ll take that bet. Let’s make it for whatever the cost of the “new” AH mount will be, or the gold-cap price the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur will be once it moves to the BMAH. They aren’t removing the MCB from the game, they’re just removing it from the vendors. And, as stupid as their reason is, I’m certain it’s true.

2 Likes

All so people would buy $500 worth of WoW tokens, GG Activision

1 Like

I’m fine with it. Don’t care for how it looks anyway.

They absolutely are and at one time were kings at what they did. Just because they are slipping does not mean its impossible to rebound. I still have faith in this company and truly believe that things can always change.

5 Likes

The blue post is official, the mount will be moved to bmah. Like or not they made this decision and most players are aware of that.
Maybe they will add some gold quests to help the players, but i dont think they will change their minds about the removal so you have months to farm or wait for it on bmah, starting bid is 20k.

1 Like

But it’s still not an actual announcement. They have the FoS in the patch notes, but there’s no mention there of the mount being moved to the BMAH once Shadowlands goes live. Nor is it mentioned in the survival guide.

I’m willing to bet that most players aren’t aware of it.

5 Likes