Confirmed: Brutosaur Mount is now a Feat of Strength

Thank you for keeping the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur mount prestigious.

It’s now officially confirmed that Long Boi will be removed from the vendor and anyone who currently owns it will get an achievement called Conspicuous Consumption, which is a Feat of Strength.

Will you be getting long boi?

7 Likes

Ridiculous

86 Likes

It was confirmed some months ago…

22 Likes

Stupid, inconsistent, decision on Blizzard’s part.

Edit: So I wanted to add to this because the above, my original message, is not really good feedback. I did make a full feedback thread on this subject over here for anyone who wants a hefty read but ill summarize here as well.

So I say this is inconsistent because there are several other legendaries that this same restriction “could” be argued that they should be applied but are not. As people have also pointed out, you can do the DH transmog unlock on non-dh characters as well so its not even required to be a DH to unlock this DH exclusive feature.

There is honestly just a whole lot wrong with this choice in my opinion that continues to show Blizzard’s inconsistency with design choice. I go pretty in dept with thread on the Warglaives situation and also did one with the Long Boi and covering the inconsistencies with that situation also.

139 Likes

Some were waiting for Blizz to change their stance on it.

2 Likes

The most vocal whiners about this most likely can’t afford it anyway. So why even throw a fit over it?

Those of us that have the gold and choose not to buy it, simply don’t care.

This is another nonissue made into a big deal by GD.

15 Likes

I don’t think it was ever at threat of being removed, honestly.

Why would you need a FoS?

YOU HAVE THE MOUNT. lol

You link a FoS to prove an “I was there” moment, because the thing/item/moment in question is no longer there.

But if you have the mount… you just… bring it out.

The only thing dumber than removing the mount… is adding a FoS. What a freaking joke.

35 Likes

Why do you need any achievements for that matter? Just know what you did and be proud of it.

1 Like

i don’t think anyone was under the impression it was going to be “removed”… the people who have it get to keep it.

…we just won’t be able to purchase it anymore.

1 Like

I already have it but boy I don’t like that skinning change.

2 Likes

They’re adding it to the BMAH so you’ll still be able to get it later.

2 Likes

At this rate, it’ll be impossible, so nope.

1 Like

What?! Why?

i wont Elbe getting long boi as i got like 5000 gold on my richest character and im not going into debt over long dino

It sounds like it will create a lot of griefing between people skinning.

Ah yes work hard and you’ll get this mount from gold earned in BFA. Meanwhile most of the mounts were purchased within the first week using legion gold.

10 Likes

You could have had $450 of blizz balance instead. This FOS should come with the title “the regretful”.

4 Likes

Maybe, maybe not. It mentions “eligible players” so I would assume its only skinnable if you tagged it before it died. I am assuming that it will work like how Herbs/Ore were re-worked where multiple people can skin corpses or something but that is purely assumption right now.

I can see how this could be bad if Blizz is shortsighted with this change though but I don’t think its going to be a bad thing.

1 Like

“The remorseful” maybe, as in buyer’s remorse?

1 Like