Confirmed: Brutosaur Mount is now a Feat of Strength

I just use other people’s. Everyone loves to show off so they are EVERYWHERE so why waste my time farming for my own? Lol.

This post is how so many players feel and blizzard is not taking any steps to alleviate these feelings. No instead they choose to compound them by things like making lucid dreams rank 4 the only BOA essence but only if you got rank 3 already which is basically their way of acknowledging the essence grind is absolute garbage but also making it pretty clear they have no intention to give the players what they want and fix the situation. Taking out the long boi is just another curveball actiblizz threw at the player base for no reason other than to make quick money off the wow token sales. The dread wake controversy should’ve been enough to dissuade them from doing this kind of thing, they are not subtle about it everyone knows this isn’t because they think it’s going to break the game and the fact they sit there and lie to our faces about it only further agitates the player base they think so little of.

2 Likes

There are four recolors of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur, those could be added without vendors, they’d simply be multi-passenger mounts. There are also five more Brutosaur mounts that are single-passenger only.

They’ve got plenty of alternatives. People who have the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur get to keep their AH access and they get a shiny achievement to go with it. But there should be more options for the Brutosaur model itself.

I just have this sinking feeling that they’ve made their decision and they’re going to ignore any and all feedback about the mount. At least unless someone manages to corner Ion and ask him directly.

7 Likes

Yeah don’t expect an answer from blizzard unless someone threatens to drop by Ion’s house like what happened to ghost crawler (or whichever staff it was) when LIVE ID was forced on the forums back when battle net was first being implemented. (in case they thought we forgot that controversy.) Basically they forced everyones name to be the name associated with their account in game and on the forums. One of the players didn’t like his anonymity being stripped so he looked up one of the staffers addresses using their information which blizzard so conveniently forced public. He posted saying

This is where I live
This is where staffer lives
this is how long it will take to get from where i live to where staffer lives
and that is how long you have to fix this.

I think the guy ended up getting arrested but if not for him we probably wouldn’t have battle tags.

They once had an entire patch worth of content skipped because activision didn’t care about lore or the fact players already had paid for it back in cata. The neptulon raid was completely done from my understanding and they skipped straight to death wing because players were unsubbing over pandaria ect. This is why we don’t see Neptulon in game again until legion and it still never addressed what the heck happened to him after Throne of the tides it doesn’t explain how he escaped ozumat or if he even did for all we know he could be a sleeper cell elemental lord for the void. If they are willing to delete an entire patches worth of finished content and jeopardize the lore like that I doubt we’ll see these mounts in game.

1 Like

Nah, they had originally planned to do both Neptulon and Firelands in the same patch, but instead chose to focus solely on Firelands. It is silly that they completely dropped Neptulon until he just showed back up.

Oh is that how it was? my friend who had been a hard core raider since vanilla quit because of that patch. He said he couldn’t trust blizzard as a company anymore and i should’ve listened to him.

So when the mount was introduced, you formulated a 4-5 year plan on how you would generate 5 million gold and then after those years you would dump it all for this one mount? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Okay?

Thanks for proving my main point. The only ones complaining about this are the ones that can’t afford the mount in the first place.

1 Like

Let’s stop this. Blizzard can and will do anything they want and then make excuses or say nothing for it. They’ve done plenty they said they wouldn’t.

I think some people really think Blizzard have any shred of integrity left.

It really amazes me that people think, after everything they’ve done over 15 years, people still think their customer interest come first.

Look at this video to learn the difference

I’m complaining about it and I have more than enough to buy it. It’s absurd to make this decision halfway through the expansion and really makes you wonder if there’s any communication within Blizzard. Like how did this even go live if they didn’t want mobile AH access to become too common in the future?

8 Likes

It was something that I would have worked for. Taken years to get, eventually I would have gotten there. Removing it, removes one goal for me. Makes me sad that I will lose one more goal in this game. Not because I accomplished that goal, but because someone decided that it needed to be removed.

6 Likes

Okay?

You can’t afford it.

I feel like a broken record at this point.

That’s because you don’t have an actual point so all you can do is keep repeating yourself.

Meanwhile there are those of us who can afford it but aren’t happy with the way Blizzard is handling this situation.

It’s bizarre how anyone can defend Blizzard’s poor handling of this situation. They should have either announced this at the very start of the expansion or found something else to put on the mount instead of an AH NPC.

8 Likes

I don’t recall really anything that is on the BMAH getting its own special announcement.

They usually make an announcement when something is being changed or removed. In this case they absolutely should have had a blog post about the Brutosaur mount being moved to the BMAH so more people would be aware of what’s happening.

2 Likes

maybe they are planning on selling the 10 dollar a month ah phone extension again and this is all just a ploy to make those sales more tempting… lol

This is the first instance they are taking something out of the game to add it to the black market rather than take items which were already unavailable and ADD them to the BMAH. Very different situations.

2 Likes

Anyone up for a 30 minute rambling, ambiguous analogy about why this was a good thing?

All couched in terms that would make Atticus Finch squirm at the absolutely impeccable ability to talk for that long and say absolutely nothing?

Anyone?

3 Likes

I do have a point. Most of the people whining about this can’t afford it anyway.

Also, if they really want it, they have almost a full year to still get it before it’s removed.

They won’t though, because throwing a fit over it is easier.

Okay first of all, how do you know the gold vaults of every single player complaining about this decision?

secondly as i addressed previously even if we have almost a full year to get the mount the decision to remove it like this still taints it. Now instead of going to get the mount because it’s something i WANT to do, now it’s something i’m going to do because i feel pressured into doing and don’t want to miss out. Even if i get the mount it’s not going to mean as much because it’s become a chore with a clock counting down not something a player can opt to go do at their convenience.

4 Likes

And? It’s not like gold vanishes on it’s own. People could have saved up for it to eventually get it.

Being upset with Blizzard’s poor handling of this situation is something worth raising a fuss about. You seem to be perfectly fine with them doing whatever they want so I have to wonder why you even bother visiting the forums.

7 Likes