Confirmed: Brutosaur Mount is now a Feat of Strength

They say there will always be players who complain about the game but in my opinion there will always be people ready to suck on blizzard’s toes .

2 Likes

Because if they have the gold, they wouldn’t be wasting time crying about it being removed. They would just buy it and be on their way.

It’s possible to be upset about it even if you can afford it. Stop making excuses for Blizzard’s abysmal communication skills. Why do you even care if there are people upset about this mount being moved to the BMAH? How would it impact your game if Blizzard changed their minds about the mount or added alternative Brutosaur mounts without AH access?

6 Likes

That’s a stark assumption to make and now i see why your reasoning is so narrow minded. There are plenty of players who have the gold and don’t want to buy the mount but now feel pressured into that gold sink because they don’t want to miss out on it later or have to spend a full gold capped toon on the off chance they are the first ones to bid to max on the BMAH. There is plenty of reason for everyone in general to be annoyed by this decision whether you have the mount or not. This is not the kind of decision we want to see blizzard make. it doesn’t help create or cultivate a community that cares about the game.

2 Likes

He’s straight up either fishing for (you)s or is incapable of independent thought.

The thing is, I am fine with it. They have one of the most popular MMORPGs of all time. The constant flow of armchair devs in GD are laughable at best. If you hate the game that much and have no faith in their design, stop giving them your money.

Easy solution.

Easy solution he says. Go to AA and tell the group if you hate being drunks and have no desire to drink, just stop buying alcohol. it’s an easy solution. When games are designed to take advantage of biological responses like dopamine hits you don’t get to make that kind of argument anymore. The games are designed to addict players.

Still as stupid now as it was a few months ago.

I was going to get it in SL if I had extra gold, guess not now.

3 Likes

NEWS FLASH: It is possible to like parts of the game while disliking other parts of the game.

Or I can give feedback about the parts I don’t like. They are not perfect entities who never make mistakes. They’re human beings. Otherwise you’re trying to argue that stuff like WoD was completely without any faults whatsoever.

8 Likes

You’re 2 days early. Also, it’s been confirmed for months.

Or maybe they own it and realize that removing a mount from a vendor for the first time ever is setting a very bad precedent.

7 Likes

I love this mount, spend all my gold on it at the start of bfa, now i am at 8M gold again, my goal is to gold cap before next expansion, 5M price tag is not that hard to get.

News flash: if you love something that much, you accept its faults too.

If you really disagree with this, just unsub and vote with the only metric that matters. Your money.

I wasn’t liking the direction of BfA either, so I unsubbed for a year. I didn’t force myself to keep playing when I wasn’t having fun.

If people are really against this removal, they need to unsub in droves to send a message.

Otherwise, it doesn’t matter. Companies don’t care about your feedback if you continue to hand them money at the same time.

And here you are crying about other people being upset.

No, I am not crying about it, no I do not have the gold for it. When I found out about them removing the mount my reaction was, shakes head and say ok. I can save my gold for something else now.

You seem to be making a HUGE deal about something that does not affect you. But you let it affect you. You seem like one of those sjws that are infesting everything like termites. Actually, they are like roaches and bedbugs.

3 Likes

I don’t even know where to begin with how utterly wrong this mindset is.

And how is Blizzard supposed to know which direction you do like if all you do is unsub? All you’ve done is show them you stopped paying for the game. They had no idea if you were unhappy about it or didn’t have enough time to play it anymore or any number of other reasons.

If you don’t give them feedback then how are they supposed to know what they’re doing wrong?

3 Likes

If you love something, you tell it the truth even if the truth isn’t kind. Do you think Jesus Christ (the utmost authority on unconditional love) would let someone continuously live in sin or would he rebuke them and tell them the way they were living their life was wrong?

You missed every point I was trying to make. If you’re not happy, you say why you’re not happy and then you unsub.

The problem is people complain all day about every aspect of the game but still continue to fork over their cash.

Anyway, this conversation has run its course and I honestly don’t care enough to keep arguing over stupid pixels. Nobody is reading this except us anyway lol.

I hope you all get the mount before it’s removed if you want it bad enough.

Later.

By the way, let’s look at what an actual game developer has to say about unsubscribing:

“Unsubbing is often seen as the only ‘real’ way by players to express their displeasure in a way that affects the devs. However, one thing I’ve never known is how devs themselves react to this. Do you double down? Scrap plans? Abandon the game?”

There are a couple of different ways to answer this.

Developers do care if you stop playing their game and they want to know why. However, for games like WoW and LoL, the answers are almost always “I have less time to play now (job/school/family” and “My friends don’t play anymore.” (I’m basing that on having seen a lot of data - it’s not super open to debate.)

Dropping a game because of a specific design change (despite what you might read on forums / Reddit) is actually pretty rare. I know it happens, but if you’re stack ranking the reasons why people quit, those specific responses end up being so far down the list that it is hard for a development team to take actionable feedback. It’s really rare you see “Wow, that change we made cost us 10,000 players. Let’s revert it!” So overall, I would not advocate boycotting a game as a way to make a statement, especially if deep down you still love the game. You’re just not likely to drive change as a result.

(As an aside, the best way to drive change is still to try and clearly articulate your concerns in some public forum and hope that the developers take it seriously. I have talked to plenty of players to know how frustrating that answer might be, because at the end of the day, there just isn’t some kind of magic key that you can use to 100% guarantee that you will unlock that lock. Nevertheless, it’s still the best hope you have.)

Now, there are long term trends in the lifespan of a game. At the end of the day, I have really only worked on three games (Age of Empires, World of Warcraft, and League of Legends). All three are games that have lasted for many years, but there are macro trends of engagement, meaning sometimes you’re gaining players and sometimes you’re losing players over the course of a few months or a few years.

And it’s interesting. When you see a lot of players leave over the course of say half a year, it usually spurs two diametrically opposed views on the development team. You will get one faction of “Players are getting bored - we must be bold and innovate!” You get another faction of “We are changing the game so much that we’re losing our soul! We need to get back to basics!”

Like with so many things, it’s rarely so cut and dried that you must pick one of those directions over the other. Often the answer ends up being that you need to innovate in one direction, while still making sure the game is easy to return to, and perhaps even getting back to something familiar or even nostalgic in yet other designs.

My perception has been that the players and developers in the “We’ve changed too much!” camp tend to be those who are less engaged with the game than they once were. Losing track of change usually happens to players who once played every day and are now playing once a week or once a month. They remember being super engaged with the game and knowing everything that was going on, and so the dissonance of that no longer being the case for them is really striking, perhaps even alienating. On the other hand, players who are still really engaged are the ones most likely to need something fresh and new so that they don’t run out of stuff to do.

Overall as a developer, I tend to advocate being bold and innovating. This depends a lot on your business model. Some games really want to create new players as a fast as they can because they can’t hold on to current players for very long. (That’s not a holistic criticism - it’s just a different model.) But a game like League tends to be more reliant on keeping current players than it is on attracting new ones. (Example: if you’re a young man in Korea, chances are you either play LoL or have decided it’s not for you. There probably isn’t a young man in Korea who has just heard of this new LoL thing and wants to try it out.) For League, we weigh most of our decisions on resonance with active players. Yes, it is entirely possible to change so much that you drive players away, but we think the risk of stagnation is greater. So for League, the answer is usually double down. YMMV.

6 Likes

We hit every point you failed to make with a hard refutation and that’s why you’re on your way out of this thread.

If you’re not happy with a marriage of 15 years you just say your not happy and get a divorce. No need to try to cooperate or work things out just call it quits and find something else to spend your time and money on. It’s not like you’ve invested 15 years worth of time and money into this company right?

3 Likes

Very very very very idiotic decision by Blizzard.

3 Likes