Confirmed - armor, resists values on pservers is wrong

Last time I knew and remembered, buffs that give the same type of buff like Int/Agl/Str are limited to whatever has highest priority. So we will just have to see how this works out consumable wise.

1 Like

Dont ya know them private servers are so accurate, the meta where they can spam damage into a boss with full offensive stat loading is 100% accurate because casters only went OOM in vanilla because all the players were 100% bad.

Who needs resist gear in any of the encounters, resist stats are for baddies.

/sarcasm.

1 Like

All he did here was compare the Alpha to pservers.

I’ve been wondering how much this will interfere with the speed levelers who have been practicing exclusively on private servers. The best grinding spots are often WAY different on pservers compared to classic wow (due to differences in armor, abilities, etc).

1 Like

Privates also had this annoying habit of implementing HOLY RESISTANCE…which has never existed in the game.

Mobs and players do not have Holy Resist, excepting any resistances from level differences already calculated in the tables.

This guy interviewed the Devs at the Media Summit plus played Alpha, here is his info I thought was interesting.

1 Like

Its not really surprising. Pservers made it very clear all of their scripting and values were just guesses. That’s one reason why Pserver fanboys who cry about stuff being not vanilla enough or incorrect in classic just blows my mind. Anyway, this kind of gives everyone a little more fair start then, and pserver players won’t have an edge, so thats pretty cool.

4 Likes

I mean this is not new news. I don’t even say this to be condescending but anyone who can look at youtube knows most of those values are made up because even those people had no idea what the values were.

Most if not all servers have standardised armor and resistance values. I forget who’s video it was in but they said Ion confirmed they were not standardised. So certain bosses have very high armor values while others have very high resistances to certain schools of magic. Basically the whole PServer raiding “meta” is worthless and wrong. Raid groups won’t just stack DPS warriors.

2 Likes

Not sure why, but this is actually really exciting news. Adds a layer of “mystery” to stuff like min-maxing among other things.

Good pick up, Fresh. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Imagine actually ever believing private servers were using actual numbers, or white knighting for them on blizzard forms

3 Likes

that’s weird because even the pserver enthusiants were saying that almost everything in private servers not only had lower values but lacked several mechanics that made mobs simply easier to kill.

Yeah those of us with genuine private server and OG raiding experience have been saying that private servers are overtuned for the last 6+ months. Everything will be easier in Classic than it is on, say, Northdale.

2 Likes

Actually the opposite has been found to be true by the Alpha testers. Its Northdale that is broken and easier.

1 Like

Well, MC bosses were pretty immune to fire. :wink:

They have access to low level characters, I’m more refering to endgame. I wouldnt surprised if there are borked numbers favoring difficulty early, but raiding absolutely has inflated armor values on bosses.

We’re entering raids dramatically more prepared, with better compositions, more buffs, and more consumables, and while the raids are cleared very quickly, the standard for competitive dps is about 300 higher now than it was back then, across the board. Guilds still cleared Naxx using dated strats and comps with fewer buffs.

As they should be

1 Like

On some bosses yes. And on some bosses its way lower. Same goes with spell resistance.

2 Likes

I can agree with that, yeah. I’m sure it’s fairly inconsistent across the board. Private server tuning is far from an exact science.

Players in OG naxx videos were killing bosses and bragging about 550 dps. Top players today are doing over 1500. We are objectively better now than before. No amount of armor value messups can amount to three times the dps.

Have you even watched old naxx footage recently and compared it to moden naxx footage? Have you seen the disparity in DPS, have you seen the disparity in buffs? you know the cutoff where it starts a new line? Well players have another whole line of buffs at least that they didnt have regularly back then. Classic WoW is a multiplicative scaling game when it comes to DPS values, so the more buffs you have, the more damage you do, and that curve is very steep.

So yeah, players are better. We did learn how to buff.

You want to know how to kill a 3 minute boss in 45 seconds? players doing over three times as much damage.

2 Likes