Confirmed - armor, resists values on pservers is wrong

Anyone else pick up on that fact that streamers are confirming from the Bliz trip that armor, abilities, resists, etc on many bosses and even leveling and trash mobs are incorrect on all of the mangos 0 based servers?

This will affect some hyper speed levelers and may make raids somewhat more difficult. Guess we will be able to get full confirmation on the leveling trash mobs starting on the 15th.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

Tell us something we don’t know. I knew PServers never got it right

28 Likes

Still waiting on Classic news, not a repeat episode of “This Week in Things You’ve Known for Years.”

2 Likes

Many servers increased armor values to make the content harder actually.

But yah, they where obviously wrong because they had no access to the real code.

2 Likes

Who in their right mind ever thought pirate servers were accurate?

9 Likes

Just watching some of the streams today it’s obvious that private servers had a lot of things wrong. Nothing bugs me more than people saying how x was back in vanilla because that’s how they are on private servers.

Go to 4:24

3 Likes

Did they also comment on how Blizzard is unable to be as true to Vanilla as private servers in relation to server population management?

7 Likes

private servers were not true vanilla servers but gave the idea of one. Why is everyone thinking that Private servers were 100% vanilla servers? they were not any where near close to it but gave a similar TASTE to it.

Same with the whole “A CLASSIC SUMMER” Means 1st day of summer Classic will drop, which was never said at blizzcon… stop with this none sense already.

4 Likes

Except all our private server experts who are also now the main Classic WoW streamers say private servers are lower then Classic.

2 Likes

Not sure what you mean by this, private servers are not like vanilla either. They have higher population caps and dynamic respawns.

How do they manage without layering?

One server. One population.

2 Likes

Individual layers will be almost identical to vanilla though while private servers are not. Anyway Blizzard knows that layering is not a permanent solution and it will be gone before phase two so it’s not a permanent problem.

The other options are long queue times or extra servers, both of which you won’t be seeing those players either.

2 Likes

What’s more important than armor/resistances, is spells that will be used by npcs which people used to aoe farm with mage on pservers. Lot of farms won’t be viable.

1 Like

“clueless people from classicast say this though”

1 Like

Make room for the expert.

Far more then that do. Doesn’t change the fact the private server metas will change on classic.

They will change, and i’m glad they will change. I wanted blizzard to launch with a 1.1 talent system but thats too much work.

Blizzard could have completely shat on the pserver community but they decided to cheese it and offer the same thing. Imagine having a experience that was truly authentic.

2 Likes

Im going to be honest, those 1.1 talents were brutal

1 Like

It would be a fresher experience that people havn’t even touched in 15 years.