Confirmation on mouseovers in classic?

Will traditional mouse over macros (such as those used in retail) work in classic?

1 Like

My healing mouseover macros from BfA worked fine in the Classic Stress Test.

5 Likes

I also had the same question and that’s good to know they still work

1 Like

This worked great. Just like it does in BfA:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Healing Touch
3 Likes

Oh thank you, much appreciated!

1 Like

Will we be able to specify which rank of a spell we’re using?

I hope it isn’t in the game. The current API needs some serious restrictions.

1 Like

I would imagine so. I didn’t try that, but it should be as simple as adding the rank after.

I’m glad it is. The API needs no restrictions aside from what it wasn’t able to do in Vanilla. (the original Healbot & Decursive, etc.)

It should - I imagine it would look something like this;

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Serpent Sting(Rank 2)

Why though? You would prefer clicking each player and then pressing a heal?

No one prefers it - the question is was it in vanilla. Either way, this is just one more tool that is going to make easy content even easier.

6 Likes

Mouse over was in vanilla. It just didn’t have its own macro conditional yet. The macros were a lot more complex but accomplished the same thing

4 Likes

I’m sure that’s exactly what some of the #nochanges people want.

But, in actuality, lots of people want restrictions because they’re worried that thinks like oqueue and gearscore are going to make a return.

And they will. And it will either a.) take Blizz forever to break them, b.) they’ll just move to a website that pulls all the data.

So, in a few months we’ll have “must register with classicoqueue site so we can expect you before inviting.”

It WILL happen, and there is NO stopping it. You can’t stop elitism in games. Literally impossible.

2 Likes

There you go.

I am lucky I enjoy pvp, because these raids are going to be a joke.

Elitism and “MUH DIFFICULTY!!!”

Plain and simple.

1 Like

Outside of progression, they were a joke in Vanilla. The ‘hardest’ part was always farming for mats, not the encounters themselves. 99% of them are tank and spank with a mix of dispel thrown in.

1 Like

I got that. I just think people are going to be in for a shock.

Wait, you heal pvp without mouseover macros? And are not objectively inferior to those that do? That’s impossible.

(I know you don’t use MO in arenas, but this is BG/wpvp we’re talking about)

You have to use them.

Yes. It’s how vanilla was. Private server vanilla addons manage to use mouseover code without the @mouseover invocation. This is also wrong. Especially when one considers that paladins and druids usually cast only one healing spell in the first place. The result is they just mindlessly click a grid without even touching the keyboard.

The vanilla team also never wanted addons like decursive in the game, which is why they designed the Chromaggus encounter that way.

These types of conveniences are the devil; they brought WoW to its current state.

You engage a target, perform an action, then switch targets. There’s no rational reason to make this process faster or smoother. People are afraid to commit to a target. Too bad. Learn to play.

4 Likes