Announcing TBC Now Would Crush SL's

There were servers that still had layering up until a few months ago. People were freaking out on the forums when they took it away and they had a login queue. My server is STILL too crowded for my taste and always has been.

Just about every server still had layers after a month. Don’t know where you’re pulling this BS from.

1 Like

TBC was the best version of wow. Classic was just a little taste of nostalgia. TBC comes with rated pvp, great raids with actual mechanics, etc.

2 Likes

yeah I just messed around on retail for the first time since Legion - I leveled from 1-42 before my first death. And I was afk when I died. LOL.

x to doubt there. I mean if you dont include LFR then maybe, but LFR is still harder by a mile than any classic boss.

1 Like

Naw, Zoomers will have the advantage of modern wow UI with addons scripted to play the game for them.

Try to get a Zoomer squad to learn Cthun without a range 10 radar.

The game is different.

TBC has almost zero time gating.

Lets not forget the classes were all still very flavorful and more viable specs. Classes got fine tuned but were not homogenized. Later expansions the classes became very convoluted.

TBC had strong improvements across the board, brought new systems that worked for it from start to finish. TBC was the pinnacle of wow!

4 Likes

What the actual hell are you talking about.

1 Like

if anything, announcing tbc would increase shadowlands average player online activity as well as average amount of players online per realm. yall know the blizzard launcher has a drop down menu next to play? so that you can choose which game you want to play? its not hard to switch between shadowlands and classic (or possibly tbc)

Weakauras.
Mouseover type healing.
Range radars.
DBM alerts that work.

And the biggest game changer of them all - accurate threat meters.

So when you say play the game for you, you mean not that at all. Interesting.

1 Like

What Blizz needs to do is bring out TBC before there’s a cure for COVID easily accessible. COVID’s been the most profitable opportunity for the company ever, and when it started there was a massive boost in numbers, so big it was causing queues to jump up to thousands on a few servers.

There’s a second wave spike of COVID cases right now, if Blizz were smart they’d release TBC early 2021. Just look at the massive boost in MT sales this year, online gaming is at its highest point right now.

You can do this with zero addons LOL

1 Like

In Vanilla, there was no mouseover macro command. It was not in the 1.x macro scripting language.

Classic is built on the Legion engine and supports mouseover macros.

Some addons added some rudimentary click to cast, but no mouseover support like classic.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/confirmation-on-mouseovers-in-classic/192677/12?u=woopee-mankrik

Mouseovers macros don’t play the game for you, in any case.

1 Like

TBC will be at minimum a year away and probably longer. They definitely do not want their retail ship sunk. Tokens make them huge cash.

The existing Classic players will most likely play TBC that is given. And I wouldn’t surprised an even larger player base is waiting for Wrath.

My point is that there were a ton of people who tried Classic out and quit day before they even hit 60, or even 50. They got caught up in the hype. Then real life took over and they quit. Or they got their “fix” and it was on to other things. We already see the drop off from launch compared to now.

When TBC is released, the question is will the hype be as real? For the old school players who pretty much quit during TBC? I highly doubt it. And there are a lot of us who quit during TBC because of what it did to the community. Or, there are a bunch of us who continued to play, but it just wasn’t the same. But either, I don’t think the hype of a Vanilla re-creation will be touched by TBC Classic - from a total sub point of view. The people that are waiting for TBC, are most likely still playing Classic. No new subs there.

A single sub gets you both retail and classic (and presumably BC when it’s added). If anything adding BC is “new” content for a SL content drought.

1 Like

The first raid tier generally lasts about 4-5 months so that means we will be getting the second raid tier in Shadowlands in April or May.

Couldn’t agree more. For me Wrath was the start of the decline and the first time I quit wow for over a year.