Complaint: Report Against Classic Era Griefer

I come today with yet another complaint and full fingers directed towards the Blizzard team responsible for handing out bans and suspensions against one specific player on Whitemane Classic Era.

They say that lightning never strikes twice. Yet this griefer has been allowed to grief same faction raids for three times in a row with NO ACTION taken against him whatsoever.

This druid has been griefing alliance, same-faction raids multiple times, and there has been full videos as concrete proof of him doing so – and at this point amounts to a video collection enough to make a montage, and yet no action is taken against him.

It is mind boggling I have been silenced for just advertising gold swaps, banned for 2 weeks during the AQ event for shouting taunts openly missing my chance at the AQ 40 mount, but when someone griefs same-faction raids multiple times in a row, NO PENALTY is applied.

Many of the Alliance community on Classic Era has spent immeasurable hours scouting, and some have even invested real life cash to get multiple accounts for summoning only to be griefed by this extremely toxic individual who takes part in egregious same-faction griefing. Some of us even had to wake up at 5 AM local time and wasted hours to not be able to kill this boss, and would even have to waste time putting in this report AGAIN.

When this said druid got a well-deserved ban, the appeal team at Blizzard decided to look the other way when other griefers appealed to have his permanent ban reversed.

I implore the team at Blizzard to conduct a full review on the combat logs of said player on the grounds of:

[Egregious Same-faction griefing of world bosses]

Such toxic behavior that grieves same faction. promotes self-harm, and other activities that interrupt in game experiences detract away from the spirit of Vanilla and has zero place on Classic Era, and I would like to submit a ticket for Blizzard AGAIN to take the appropriate action to reinstate the well-deserved penalty for this said player, as well as accompanying griefers who work in tandem to unduly influence customer service to have his ban lifted:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/unban-XXXXXX-he-didnt-do-anything-wrong-unfair-ban/1569993

Update: Censored all video links and personal information as per advice from the WoW community. - all relevant links can still be found in a ticket I submitted via battle.net

However, i am baffled by the response received - is this not the Customer Service Forums? I see Customer Service staff replying and helping players with their problems as per listed here, but when I try to post my issue and problems here, I get a backlash instead…

I would like to reiterate that I am trying to get help for this particular issue because this particular griefer has been impacting a major Alliance group that has been organising large scaleworld boss raids with his toxic behavior. And this is the third time he has done so. Any advice would be appreicated…

5 Likes

Blizzard, please investigate this griefer and reinstate his original ban.

1 Like

Look i get what ur doing but the only one getting into trouble here is you naming and shaming is against the rules all ur evidence is irrelevant and nothing wont be done about it here.

3 Likes

I don’t understand how the OP is naming and shaming when clearly there are no names listed on here.

This evidence is for Blizzard to double-check and verify against the logs on their end FYI. I don’t think Blizzard looks at Youtube videos soleley to investigate reports. They probably look at multiple sources.

1 Like

This is a player to player support forum those that look at this kinda thing dont come here and ur calling out the player which is strictly against the rule NO CALLOUTS period.

6 Likes

I can promise you that it absolutely will not be double-checked by this post here. This forum is not a place to submit a ticket or report or anything even remotely close.

The only way that can be done is through the in-game system of right-click and reporting the person. If there is some belief of illegal actions taking place, then all of those links can be sent to hacks@blizzard.com.

This forum is unique in that absolutely NO STAFF beyond our SFAs comes here. They are the only Blues you will see here, and they do not relay this stuff along.

7 Likes

No?

Very first link the OP posted (name in URL).

Even if no names are mentioned in, if the name is shown in the youtube clips linked, it’s still considered under the same name and shaming rules.

8 Likes

No, this is the customer support forum. Even then, this isn’t a place to start witch hunts and trying to send attack dogs on someone. The blues here ain’t part of every department that someone want to get in contact with, nor they’re going to action someone in-game by posting here. The only way to get this report is via by right-click reporting or the evil provided by Leilleath.

3 Likes

My nefarious ploys have been revealed! :rofl:

Customer Support isn’t Customer Service. As Darth and myself both pointed out, this forum is one for players to assist other players. It is NOT a contact point for Blizzard staff. Again, as I did point out, there are ways that reports can be sent in and this forum is not one of them - and while yes, you see some Blues on this forum, they’re SFAs. They are not GMs and they are not the staff who handles reports and investigations. I will also tag on that if you submitted everything via the email link I provided - it is one-way communication. They will not respond to you, but they will look into the matter. Just to set expectations.

There wasn’t backlash, there was simply informing you of where you were misguided in your efforts to get your issue addressed. No one was rude or lashing out, only pointing out how things work around here. What you were told is pretty well laid out in the sticky at the top of the forum. There are also several threads that are easy to find in a similar vein.

Source

I will also point out that “griefing” is a very loose term when it comes to reports. This person may be the biggest troll in the world, but there are oftentimes other ways to go around them. Zone disruption and focused harassment in the way you’re aiming towards, it takes quite a bit, honestly. Most of the time in-game problems have an in-game solution.

Even though the person in question is the same faction and enough of the server is sick of them? Then it sounds like it’s time to make nice with a guild or folks of the opposite faction and invite them to come keep the person occupied while your group gets their kill. Some sort of cooperation. That would be an in-game solution for an in-game problem. Especially on a PvP realm.

But all of that aside, I do wish you luck going forward.

5 Likes

I’m extremely curious about how you came to this conclusion.

Appeals are between blizzard and the account holder.

7 Likes

This is a false statement. Not even knowing the situation, I can say it’s a false statement. Nobody can submit an “appeal” for someone else’s account. Blizzard is prohibited by privacy laws from giving anyone information on any account other than their own. Only the registered account holder can submit an appeal for account actions.

7 Likes

Account action does not happen as soon as a report is made. It can take days or weeks. You personally don’t know that no account action has been taken as that is between Blizzard and the account in question only.

Being a jerk is not against the rules. If you want it to change you would need to make a suggestion in Classic General Discussion or use the in-game suggestion section in the Support menu.

Being a jerk is not against the rules.

There is no such rule.

It happened during Vanilla.

This forum is not manned 24/7. You posted outside of normal hours.

World of Warcraft Suggestions and Feedback

1 Like

I really cannot add a lot to what has already been stated.

The proper way to report - is through the ticket /rightclick system.

No amount of advocating - on either side, is going to sway a decision. We go by what we can see and prove in our logs.

10 Likes