Comparing cyberpunk to WoW

Meh. Everyone I know who has played cyberpunk is telling me there are tons of bugs.

Which I expect in the first few days. I’ll still play it. Just as I’ll play wow.

They’re different games and I’ll enjoy different things from them.

1 Like

cyberpunk is action adventure not RPG

~also~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=homqyBxHwis

2 Likes

Tuiie, why would you play this game as a single player experience? If there were no other players in this game, and I HAD to play single player-- I wouldn’t. I would rate WoW on par with Superman 64 in that case.

I don’t understand why anyone would torture themselves like that.

Cyberpunk is not massivie multiplayer its mostly single player rpg . That is major factor in RPG. You cannot make such a comparism

Cyberpunk game is also quick buck game it does not depend on prolonged subs or monetization.

2 Likes

What did I just read? Why are you comparing a open-world shooter single-player RPG to a MMORPG? This comparison is silly. If you like Cyberpunk so much, why are you on the WoW forums?

1 Like

Opinions get flagged now.

The mob rules.

1 Like

Sorry but this isn’t an opinion ,it’s just spam.

2 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/BAOIg3E.gif?noredirect

1 Like

Didn’t Cyberpunk need a day one patch for all the technical issues it had?

It’s another dystopian future that for some reason borrows most of its culture from the 70’s, like when it was originally introduced as a tabletop game.

Can’t wait for CDPR to pump out another card game like Gwent and feign that they’re against Loot Boxes.

1 Like

Didn’t you say you were quiting like 2 weeks ago?

2 Likes

RPG games… the same game. Difference is WOW is online what

1 Like

And I’m willing to bet most of those are boring randomly generated stat sticks and you just equip the one with the biggest number on it.

I logged 0 hours in Cyberpunk 2077, that must mean WoW is infinitely better, right? :man_shrugging:

I’ll give you that one but I bet Final Fantasy XIV has better story than Cyberpunk, because I thought it had a better one than The Witcher III… Also, who plays an MMORPG for the story? :man_shrugging:

I dunno man… looking at the review, Cyberpunk 2077 seems to be more like Cyberpunk 76 on current gen consoles.

Cyberpunk probably isn’t either. CDPR games are more open worlds action games than RPGs.

Nothing wrong with that of course, but it annoys me when people call them RPG. Where is my party? Where is my class selection? Where are my huge epic bosses? It takes more than an EXP bar and branching dialog trees to qualify as an RPG in my opinion.

If you want an actual RPG buy something from Obsidian, Square-Enix, Larian, or an get old-school “infinity engine” Bioware game.

1 Like

WoW is a game where you’re roleplaying as champions. O.O

People use sliders to make their race look as human as possible.

Orcs are literally supposed to look like green monkeys. That’s how it should be.

Barely*

It’s a different kind of RPG. Everything in WoW is numbers and RNG. That’s how RPGs work.

You forgot to mention the part of Cyberpunk that’s a buggy, unplayable mess.

Thats a ‘you’ issue there friend. This is an MMO foremost. Trust me, wow has some bugs but nothing compared to cyberpunk, I’ve logged close to 30hours now and its dripping in them.

cyber punk age? only a few days old. WoW’s age? years old and still kickin. wait until cyberpunk reaches WoW’s current age then talk. hell i’d be surprised if it lasts 5 years.

2 Likes

Now do every other RPG for the past 16 years, because I guess its relevant?

Cyberpunk won’t last a year unless CD Projekt allows mods. That’s the only reason why people still give a crap about New Vegas and Skyrim.

They also don’t have to balance that reward and power gain against every other person playing the game, because god forbid one thing is stronger than another in WoW everyone loses their ****. So of course they can shower you with crap, and make it as op as they want it to be. You aren’t comparing your character in a single player RPG to the power gain of everyone else.

1 Like

Cyberpunk has only humans and Mechagnome styled humans. That immediately kills most interest for it for me. I’m sure I’ll get it one day, but human character models is the fastest way to tune me out of an RPG. I play a human irl; I have no interest in playing one in a game.

4 Likes