Comparing cyberpunk to WoW

RPG to RPG

Loot - cyberpunk i get 100 pieces of gear every 30 minutes or less. Wow i get 1 piece of gear a week, maybe… point to cuberpunk

Customization - cyberpunk has hundreds if not thousands of outfits that all look great. Wow has like 3 sets that look good. No sliders. Now to be fair to wow they do have barbers. So this is a wash.

Fun- ive logged 10 hours of cyberpunk in a few days. I quit boringlands after 2. Point to cyberpunk

Quest design: cyberpunk is well written and has interesting writing. Wow has “champion, wooonz champion, woonz, champion deh woooooooonz” . Point cyberpunk.

Play with other. Point wow

Bugs. Ive had 2 bugs in cyberpunk. Wow has bugs from 15 years ago they still havnt fixed. Point cyberpunk.

Compared to each other. Wow is barey an rpg.

9 Likes

It’s almost as if they’re different genres of games or something.

90 Likes

Ehhh you’re comparing apples and oranges

22 Likes

They are both rpgs

It’s almost like everyone screams “RPG in the MMORPG” to justify their points but then don’t want actual RPG gameplay, which traditionally include a constant flow of gear and rewards (assuming gear is a thing in that game, which is pretty standard).

3 Likes

You only gave Shadowlands 2 hours before deciding the entire expansion wasn’t worth it, which tells me that no matter what you were going to quit.
Sounds like you need to just head over to some Cyberpunk reddit or forums and start posting this stuff there, I don’t think WoW’s for you.

17 Likes

We have a constant flow of gear, most is vendor greens though.

Well, wow doesn’t have glitches when you’re recording in OBS.

5 Likes

To be fair I did mean gear you’d actually have to loot at and consider. Not glorified vendor grays.

To be fair, Blizz really does need to clean up the old bugs that have lingered around and festered. With the amount of money people dump into this game, it is kind of irritating when 6-year old legacy raid-breaking bugs are still in the game (Hisek, I’m looking at you)

1 Like

I’ve played it for hours and the sense of reward and power gain is far better than Warcraft.

It even has an adjustable difficulty setting for people who want a challenge.

That and the sheer amount of violence and depravity are a nice touch.

Sure, but one’s an MMO and the other’s single player. It’s sort of like comparing McDonalds to a fancy steak joint: they’re both restaurants the focus on serving beef but they’re not exactly playing on the same fields.

6 Likes

I play wow single player not as an mmo so they are the same

The one bonus Is that right now the Story for Shadowlands has me tighter than any Pandaren Kung Fu grip. The downside Is the forceful demand to be min-maxer has me with nothing fun to do while we wait for renown

2 Likes

Your playing WoW wrong

The panda does have a point. If you’re doing the shadowlands questing experience, it basically is a single player rpg with multi player option lol

1 Like

You get it!

Well if you’re going that way, have better chances comparing the CP2077 with Shadowrun. Both are heavily inspired by “Do androids dream of electric sheep?” Novel, while one mixed in with DnD aspects, while other went more into Bladerunner aspects.

Sure WOW does have steam and diesel punk aspects, but not the core aesthetic of the world.

questing in SL takes like 7hours. A fraction of the game.

Wow doesn’t need a supper computer to play with. Point Wow.

Wow manage to still be the most popular MMORPG after more than 16 years while Cyberpunk is only a thing since less than a week. Point Wow.

Come here in a few years and we’ll see how great Cyberpunk is.

Meanwhile, many other was suppose to be so much better than wow like SWTOR, ARC, the division and many other.

4 Likes