Comp Stomp

So ive been waiting for months for Comp Stomp to get my essence fairly easily, and you incompetent morons decide to turn it off and change everything to Kotmogu? This bs isnt acceptable and you need to fix whatever the issue was and change it back.

22 Likes

Then remove echoes from it, problem solved.

7 Likes

I’m not playing Comp Stomp for the echoes. I’m playing for the rep grind. Could we please not put on Mogu Brawl. Please just hot fix it and make the second win and more each day worth like 16 echos. Diminish the echos like the conquest. This is crap.

14 Likes

I didn’t even notice it was giving echoes. Would be better if they had just disabled that and kept the brawl

8 Likes

yeah, want to be more upset? It has been totally removed from rotation on the calendar.

5 Likes

I saw that S@#$ too, what a sorry sack of s@^#heads. It wouldnt have been up again til Dec, so think about that prob when xpac is done.

4 Likes

Not happy with switch. I been waiting to do comp stomp for tokens to get mogs. Please switch it back to comp stomp.

8 Likes

Ive been waiting for months to do this to gear my alts with pvp starter gear.

5 Likes

Ive been trying to farm rep, marks of honor, and rank 3 blood but no blizz are fing idiots and cant just go toggle off echoes.

3 Likes

complete bulls%hit! why would u removed comp stomp it’s already a struggle from new players coming into the game to get honor and that was a honor fest! Blood of the enemy is a lot of peoples minor essence! ps. troll nation im 480 with all my essences talk to the hand!

3 Likes

is it me or is blizzard deleting postings on this subject, not replying to it and also not letting you post new post on this subject? Like WTF some people planned around this, remove the echoes who cares.

3 Likes

remove echos and turn it back on and add it back to the calendar!

4 Likes

I, too, have been waiting for Comp Stomp. I recently returned to the game and experienced Comp Stomp for the first time when it was last up. And it was great for all of the follow reasons:

1. Great practice for returning to PvP. The BoTs are pretty good (good job on their AI) even if it is a ‘comp stomp’. And since I was still gearing up, I could relearn PvP strategy of my favorite class with all the changes since I last played.
  2. Great practice for alts in PvP. Similar to #1, what a great learning ground. I suck at mage PvP and Comp Stomp was a great place to start without having people yell at me for sucking so bad.
  3. Great gateway for people who avoid or don’t like PvP. I have two friends who don’t like PvP and just last week I was telling them about how exciting Comp Stomp is and what a great place to start learning how to PvP. I seriously was plugging it because it really is that much fun and they got excited to try it.
  4. Queue times!! Can’t emphasize this enough as a predominate Horde player.
  5. Currency grinds (Marks, essences, honor, etc.) Yes, please. Please! At least let us have it once or twice a year. Week long Comp Stomp is a great solution.
  6. Rep grind. This was actually one of the reasons I was most excited this week. I just hit 91 exalted reps and I have my eye on that 100 reps achievement.
  7. The design is just fun. It’s fun to dominate. Not everyone can grind their gear to iLvL 485 and go dominate in a battleground. Comp Stomp gives you a small window into what that feels like. What a great thing to have as part of our World of Warcraft gaming experience.

I’m sure other players can add to the list, but I saw it was removed from the Calendar so I am very concerned and thought I would list some reasons to keep it. I’m hoping Comp Stomp is just getting bug fixed and isn’t being removed from the game because there is a place for it.

12 Likes

There is so much anger in this thread for a “PvP” brawl that wasn’t actually PvP.

IMO it should either never have existed, or had an element of PvP in it - like you get a team half with AI and half with real people.

In its current iteration it should serve only as a training ground which means no rewards - no rep, no honor, no conquest, no achievements. Nada. There is no honor in slaying a scripted NPC.

11 Likes

Honor is subjective.

Secondly, it serves to gear new players. Why is this important? Really simply. When people start losing a Legit BG, they go to blaming the low ilvl characters. It makes regular BGs MORE toxic to allow brand new players into BGs with people who have big ilvl and big expectations. This allows a way to get intro gear so people aren’t sneezed on and destroyed in combat.

There is no honor in being slayed by a character with ilvl 475 gear when you just dinged 120 and are just trying to get better gear.

5 Likes

There are tons of other ways to get gear with a minimal time investment that is more efficient to get to a “reasonable competitive level”. Players looking to receive PvP reps, achievements, gear, currencies and other rewards without actually participating in PvP isn’t something we should be looking to encourage.

4 Likes

Right, so having even more options is a worse thing?

Do you read anything you write before you hit enter?

2 Likes

All I’m reading from your post is “I want PvP rewards without doing any PvP”. Do I have that right?

8 Likes

Removal of the brawl will return the greatness to the tabard.
A symbol of battles with other players, as it was designed to be.

2 Likes

You suck Blizzard, this is the only Brawl event I even care about.

Go screw yourselves.

3 Likes