Community hosted pride march!

Not my kinda shindig but hope ya’ll have fun

2 Likes

Because this thread isn’t a troll. It’s actually pretty useful and positive. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

So its on june 5th but what realm is it on?

This can’t possibly go wrong :joy:

we’ll be co-ordinating invites cross-realm!

Arkelias: “my best friend is trans”
Also Arkelias: misgenders the friend

Yeah imma call bs on that.

1 Like

From reading the comments I believe that it’s only trans-indigenous people. That means people that have transitioned from being non-indigenous to identify gender-wise with indigenous people’s spirits while still having their original spirit handy when they need it.

But, it appears only in Canada are people authorized to have 2 spirits, because in other countries there is a 1 spirit maximum.

2 Likes

What server will it be on and by chance, do you know if WM will be turned on?

3 Likes

The event will be on WM off and don’t require specific server.

IT’S JUNE NOW!

A legit question I have always had. Why don’t they just use Q? Queer literally just means out of the norm.

Well, usually people who use Q around these parts get decked in the mouth.

I always hated feeling like I had to be part of a “community” when each experience is so different just from town to town.

GL to the event, though.

I don’t understand how that problem would be lessened with a longer acronym.

What location are you even talking about, btw? I feel like people would just get arrested for walking around decking people for saying a letter.

I live in the SF Bay Area, so you might understand why I’m a bit jaded about all things Pride.

Ideally, I would like to dissolve the acronym and focus services and action for individual group needs. Just breaking down gay men between economical class, race, abled status, location is in itself a monumental task. Trying to lump everyone and everything together who isn’t straight and cis always felt like pandering, but I do local community action for a lot of other things (homeless youth advocacy, and legal services etc etc) so my perspective is a bit different.

Isn’t that a very pro lgbt area? Is it that you would be afraid they would punch you because queer is a slur there?

I thought you were implying there was some roving band of dudes punching gay people in the face.

Oh, sorry. I am a gay person myself who relocated here. People just don’t feel comfortable with that word, and it’s not exactly something that shouts “We’re inclusive! We care about you!” to lump people under a slur. Reclaimed or not.

Fair enough, i’m a writer and still use the word to describe strange events. Thats what happens when you grow up reading 1920s horror stories. The word is completely benign to me, so I am surprised people still see it as an insult in some contexts.

It’s definitely a regional/generational thing. I grew up with it being a slur, so I was really taken aback by people using it as a blanket term unironically.

Another reason why I think dissolving the monolith is for the better, since it ascribes one lived history to an innumerable amount of experiences.

Couldn’t you say that about all people in general, though? With the expansion of the term to include more and more people, it really feels like if you are just any kind of person you probably fall somewhere in the acronym at this point. Like they have a word for people who only like to have sex with people they are in love with. When I grew up we just called that dating.

Which Iphone is this?