Community hosted pride march!

Yeah, that’s basically where I’m coming from with this. At this point it’s basically anyone who isn’t cis and heterosexual. Which seems to lack any sort of focus. I’ve never felt included by anything branded with LGBT+, but from my own experience learned to be wary of it.

Can I ask why?

The majority of it is just a name. I cannot tell you the amount of LGBT+ groups I have joined that fell directly into -isms and -phobias. There is also the Checkbox of Validity, where if you don’t meet certain standards of respectability, you’re not welcome. If you want to do some interesting reading, check out what happened with Gayorzea over on FFXIV (The one where the leader created the Ser Aymeric spyware bot, not the rebrand). What an… interesting time that was.

I’ve lost a job over my sexuality from an LGBT “friendly” office. They even had rainbow graphics on their social media, so you know they’re allies. I’ve lost housing over it, too. I’m gay but not the “right, respectable” kind of gay. Which is wild since my crimes happen to just be that, clutch your pearls, being a bull dyke. I know. It’s absolutely horrid and how dare.

I don’t know if the comment I am about to make is considered homophobic by some. But I honestly feel like thats because the amount of people calling themselves gay/trans/etc far exceeds what is expected to be the actual population of those groups. I think a lot of people who just really like attention and power latch onto these movements and hijack them, and thats why you get the overly tight rules like you have seen. Just my hypothesis, though.

You can sue over this 100%. If I were you, I would gather what evidence I have and talk to a lawyer.

Can’t say I disagree, but really it’s all contained online. You don’t see these people going into outreach. You’ll see them at Pride and on Twitter, but that’s about it.

I tried on the employment front. It was just too “Well, you’re assuming.” Problems with a case like those is that the party at fault is usually keeping a tally of things. I was told I was fired from my job due to low workflow. Funny it is that my desk was usually empty due to the other department slacking off. It’s a reasonable thing to lay someone off for, though.

While I can point at the moment I brought my wife to work as the start of when my boss started pushing me out the door, it’s not something easily proven regardless. He had a sheet of transgressions, and I only had anecdotal information of him speaking to me in derogatory ways.

I guess that’s because they can’t virtue signal from outreach.

Well, that sucks and I hope things are better for you now.

1 Like

Fantastic post!! We support you and we’ll try to make it! :tada: One thing: do not turn on warmode no matter what. This is a trap and ploy and it has been done before. Trust me do not turn on war mode. :fearful::fearful::fearful:

1 Like

Yeah you’re lying, you just want to air your dirty laundry to disrupt the cause.

This thread is a positive event, don’t you dare trying to ruin it.

I was responding to someone.

Now, was I lying or was I airing laundry? Only one can be true.

Lmao, doing a fine job on your own.

2 Likes

Who are you?

Idk as I grew up in the 90s…the embrace of the once derogatory term of “queer” urks me deeply…
Like I also no longer understand a point to celebraring a sexuality in a time where no one cares that much other then the 3rd world countries…
Tbh at this point its like having parades to celebrate love of chicken or steak…just feels unnecessary but I wont shame it…even though lately pride parades have in many instances turned to cringe hyper sexualized romps and the fact thats been injected into a childrens show such as blues clues to a demographic that is 0-6 is very inappropriate and too early to being up complicated subjects on public TV.

I’ll just do as I always do every month of pride with my partner…be with him doing things together and making it our bussiness to celebrate having eachother…i dont have the ego to flower and rainbow up and act a tart in public like an obnoxious goose flaunting my gayness to the world…im proud of my happiness with my partner not with a sexuality I dont control. I’m proud to have served in the Army, I’m proud I graduated high school and pround to have love. Actual achivments, but making it strangers bussiness is just so cringe lol I’ll just never understand it in a time we are no longer pushing for equality as we kinda have it now.
I mean if ya wanna then you do you no hate I just personally dont find it of any use now.

1 Like

The organisers are trying to do positive work for pride, why respond with such toxicity? :roll_eyes:

It’s the forums :).

Nah. I support LGBT rights year-round, I don’t need your bandwagon

I’ll be there tomorrow <3