Community hosted pride march!

I actually was reported a significant amount of times and only recently got the ability to comment again. Blizzard Staff also chose to restore the thread which is nice to see. It’s the internet, I fully understand and am no stranger to the hatred the second anything “gay” is brought up… it’s just a little sad to see it happen within a game we all care so much about, when the only intention was to host an event that’s meant to be fun and uplifting. If anything though these forum trolls have shown exactly why there will be this event, exactly why we won’t be silenced anymore, and exactly why we look forward to seeing you and everyone else if you have the time to attend. Thank you for taking the time to write something, we appreciate all the help getting the word out <3

4 Likes

could you be less predictable? Please stop devaluing the term.

1 Like

what does that even mean

This is Intersectionality definition is - the complex, cumulative way in which the effects of multiple forms of discrimination (such as racism, sexism, and classism) combine, overlap, or intersect especially in the experiences of marginalized individuals or groups.

This is how you have LGBQT being lumped in with muslims being lumped in with indigenous PoC. It gives greater voice as a whole.

right, interesting

i don’t know what you know about this combination, but

Maybe someone should tell them…

I don’t think there is any actual hatred going on. These forums get bombarded with troll posts on LGBQT subjects daily designed to inflame the community, pit people against each other and people are tired of politics invading their view when they just want to read about…a video game.

So I think many now don’t even bother reading well intentioned posts like this and just automatically flag. I say this as a gay non-binary person.

4 Likes

I’m gonna be honest, I’m a little confused how “These forums get bombarded with troll posts on LGBQT subjects daily designed to inflame the community, pit people against each other” is somehow absolutely any different from “any actual hatred”. Maybe we just come from different backgrounds, but I’ve sat here for nearly 10 minutes now trying to see any other side of things and I can’t honestly think of a good argument for how your statement on the trolls’ behavior would be anything but simple hatred. Regardless of that though, I appreciate the responses and continuing the conversation from you and everyone else. Even the trolls comments just help get more exposure and if even 1 person wants to join the event then this thread did more good than any bad the trolls accomplished. <3 #azerothpride

1 Like

Someone already explained it but in addition there are Indigenous tribes in Latin America that also have similar terms. If you do a YouTube search there is some great information out there :smile:

3 Likes

Actual hatred has actual consequences that go beyond temporary forum bans. The kind of trolling he’s referring to is more like concern trolling. Could those people also be bigots? Sure, anything’s possible, but I don’t think that’s true.

Can warmode be required for the march?

In the spirit of WoW warmode should be required, and it must leave the city. Have the two factions meet for a LGBTQ battle royal. Let the sparkles and lube fly!

3 Likes

Haha I do enjoy the enthusiasm! xD I’ll mention it to the rest of the organizers and see what they think :wink: Thank you for taking the time to offer a suggestion instead of aggression <3

Eats cereal and watches topic with interest
Good ol’ forum PvP.

1 Like

Make sure you bring some cereal to the march as well! :wink:

In a nutshell, some north American cultures had people that didn’t quite fit into what the west would consider feminine or masculine roles. In the 90s, LGBT natives wanted to differentiate themselves from non native LGBT, so they started calling themselves two spirited, instead of the anthropological term that was historically used(which they found offensive).

1 Like

And now you start with the paranoid conspiracy theory nonsense.

Once again, Your past post history and your past actions when it comes to interacting with other people.

Go thru your own post history.

More paranoid conspiracy theory nonsense. I’m muting you… you are so self unaware of your actions and attitudes towards other people that I really feel sorry for people that are forced to deal with you.

Shhh… I told you I ignored you… I see you typing a long, punctuation free, nonsensical paranoid delusion response.

1 Like

Nope. Not here

Thanks for bringing representation to the community. I think it’s great to celebrate each others differences and support an event like this. Keep up the great work! Will definitely be there.

2 Likes

I’m gonna be honest, I’m a little confused how “These forums get bombarded with troll posts on LGBQT subjects daily designed to inflame the community, pit people against each other” is somehow absolutely any different from “any actual hatred”. Maybe we just come from different backgrounds, but I’ve sat here for nearly 10 minutes now trying to see any other side of things and I can’t honestly think of a good argument for how your statement on the trolls’ behavior would be anything but simple hatred. Regardless of that though, I appreciate the responses and continuing the conversation from you and everyone else. Even the trolls comments just help get more exposure and if even 1 person wants to join the event then this thread did more good than any bad the trolls accomplished. <3 #azerothpride

I’m happy to explain. Imagine you grew up in the 80s and 90s, when slurs against gay people were so common they were on television. My generation said…that’s not cool. We’re going to change it.

And we did. We fought for and obtained the rights for our LGBT+ friends to marry, and be treated exactly the same as everyone else. I live in California. I’ve performed 2 lesbian weddings, one of them a mockup back in the 90s since we couldn’t do it legally.

We pop into a thread like this, and ask a question, and within a few comments we’re told:

• You’re homophobic

• You’re transphobic

• You’re racist

Now keep in mind that we actually changed the world for the better in our lives. We have worked hard, and marched. Some of the people showing up WERE LBGT+…but they got called racist, or homophobes, or liers.

Every time we engaged Cis people were mocked. Some of these threads still exist, and you can go back and see, but when we have literally 10 LBGT+ threads on the front page of a World of Warcraft forum, that’s a real problem.

And how did the people in those threads respond to us for asking to keep a game forum about games? You guessed it…we’re transphobic.

My best friend is trans, and was back when we didn’t even have a work for it. All we knew was that Jeff felt like a Jessica. And Jeff couldnt’ come out to his family, and I remember holding him, and letting him know that I, and the rest of our peer group, accepted him, her, or whatever else. It didn’t matter to us.

And now we get called transphobic? You’d better believe you’re going to see pushback. Not against LGBT+ people. Against the entitlement, and the insults.

I don’t know about you, but I take being called a racist, or a homophobe as a grave insult. You people pass it out like dude or bro. Not cool.

All of that said? I hope your event goes off without a hitch. I hope everyone has fun, and I expect you will. Please do your best not to see knives in every shadow.

If you keep doing that…eventually there are knives in every shadow. People get real tired of being morally judged for things they haven’t done. And no that is in no way a threat, just a social observation in every situation where we’ve seen this sort of tribalism roost.

2 Likes

Then there are fringe people that say you aren’t oppressed because you’re part of the patriarcy.

That was 100% on blizzards moderation.