Community Council won't change ANYTHING

I’ve definitely already gotten some choice comments ingame sent to me already, unfortunately

Well good luck to you anyway.

I’ve mingled with the crowds on GD…and I have more than my share of admirers.

report?

I wish they’d at least give you lot the option to hide your status, however quite clearly Blizzard didn’t think this CC thing all the way through in time.

2 Likes

Its faster to ask someone on discord vsing googling a bunch of different questlines you’d change your mind if youve actually spoken with this guy.

Ive also had times where Wowhead not having some very obscure achievement or a random NPC that has been moved after a certain patch/update.

Also the AAP addon only takes you through the most efficient and leveling routes. Some players prefer to explore and enjoy different zones while leveling.

Personally I grind to max level gear up and ignore all types of lore and cutscenes as all i want to do is raid and M+ but its interesting to have perspectives from players that play WoW completely different.

I’m admittedly not a raider. But the biggest, most important issue facing the community is rogue daggers not dropping often enough?

Really?

That’s the biggest issue?

That’s the biggest issue facing WoW right now? The only comment with 100+ likes.

Okay.

4 Likes

I mean of course it won’t do anything. Blizzard has the forums, and all sorts of people streaming the game on youtube/twitch that they can get free unlimited feedback on everything from the game, and they still ignore all of it.

Same company that didn’t want players to play Demonology warlock. So they nerfed it into an unplayable state.

Same company that ignored WoW classic “You think you do but you don’t.” for years until finally listening to what players want.

They’re too busy drinking in the office to even be remotely connected to their playerbase.

5 Likes

Story, or at the very least, lack of a coherent one?

Oh, wait, this is Blizzard.

Rogues need daggers while the game’s single leading reason of driving subscriptions away is being utterly ignored…

It’s just proof that they are being ridiculously selective in who they let in. If Blizzard were competent they would have let in huge skeptics in the first round so that the major complaint was something the community was actually discussing.

Nope. It’s BIS daggers. That’s the real issue. :thinking:

5 Likes

What a load of BS.

Next thing you’re going to tell me is that you have a bridge to sell in Brooklyn right?

Give it a rest.

Basil said "I have a lot of very…passionate takes on Blizzard and what they’ve done/haven’t done, but if I- or any one of the CC members- comes into the CC forums swinging, they’re just going to have a bad time. Why waste the opportunity you have to talk to the devs for a brief moment of “gotcha!”

How is that BS?

6 Likes

Story.

And yet they wonder why this Community Council will fail them utterly…

Um, did I mention I’ve been trying to convince Blizzard to rethink their sacred vision since October 2005 in this thread yet? They still haven’t, and are on track to kill WoW before they choose to do so…

Hold up.

Basil seems legit.

I know that doesn’t mean anything to you, however from what I can tell the poster is very honest, despite your presumption otherwise.

Now as Kaleaon typed, how is one’s honest opinion, in this case Basil, BS?

A good solution is people mind their own business.

As Blizzard has no business telling people how to have fun in their game, players have no business in telling Blizzard how to develop their game. Someone might argue this point from a skewed point of view, but at objective mind, it is the correct one.

If Blizzard knows how to develop the game, it does not need someone to tell them HOW to do things. They say what and how they like the things they like, and capable developers can know what to do based on that. They are surely capable of devising HOW. The problem with “feedback” from players is that players never say what they think about something in terms of useful parts of a given thing, they just say they like or dislike something, but never in a way it bears any useful information for the devs.

Likewise, Blizzard never actually cares to leave players tell them what is the fun to be had in their game. They presume to “be players themselves”, which is mostly taken as an advantage, but it is a hinderance in the development process.
If devs use “their player perspective”, they are obliviating the power of Theory of Mind, and introducing an error inducing practice, that of looking at the game from the perspective of someone who knows what the game is designed for.
One way to see that trying to get the satisfaction of finding the exit of a maze you designed yourself.

If instead of trying to “devise each other’s places”, they just got off of each others’ way, the both of them could reach better solutions by restricting to act in their own fields.

This community counsel stuff, be it chosen by Blizzard among the players, or chosen by players among themselves, is not a solution for that problem, rather diving deeper into it. What essentially they are doing is a futile attempt to even further “put their nose in the other’s business”.

However, this precise iteration of that has the added “benefit” of also not serving as a mutual tool, but rather a tool more to Blizzard pretend to be a player. And it will end up making the problems worse.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what any of that has to do with BIS drops of daggers for rogues…the most important and pressing issue facing the Warcraft community at this point in time that has been discussed and reiterated in countless discussions. Multitude of youtube videos and reddit threads have been created about BIS rogue daggers. Nothing is more important to address about the current state of WoW than BIS rogue daggers.

2 Likes

Its not honest feedback if they’re willing to smack them with censorship.

Who could blame them with their recent changes in art and emotes?

You’re dealing with the craziest of crazies ego here. That’s why they wouldn’t let me in. I would crush them into dust.

2 Likes

Um, have you played WoW?

There is certainly a LOT of force narrative and game play mechanics that Blizzard has put actual effort into to make sure players play said blizzard’s way.

Quests. Dungeons, PVP, PVE, Raiding, Mythics, Heroic, M+…

The ENTIRE GAME is written how Blizzard intends players to play it.

WoW is quite literally written how Blizzard intends it to be consumed.

There isn’t a single part of the game’s content that can be interacted with as a player that Blizzard made as Blizzard intends it to be played.

Last I checked you can’t get into a raid without at least two players.
Last I checked quests that can only be performed in raids work as intended.

The entire game as a whole is written according to Blizzard’s designs.

Since when have the players had any say in any content whatsoever?

Not a single in game asset has ever to my knowledge been designed outside of Blizzards’ Developer house.

Hello there! :slight_smile: I am extremely casual compared to a lot of my counterparts thus far in the Community Council! I haven’t progression-raided since Legion. Most of my time in game is spent on solo/open-world content, random/epic BG queueing, and old raid/dungeon transmog collecting, or just finding pretty areas to take screenshots when I finish my mount camping for the week.

I know there are a lot of high-end players so far in the Council, but I am most certainly not one of them. I’ve seen a bit of diversity thus far with members who have posted, and I anticipate more diversity to come as our numbers are still small and anticipated to expand to 100! Please be patient with us, as this is a new and dynamic avenue for us that has potential for positive changes.

I would love to see more diversity on the Community Council as players continue to receive invitations. I know that I certainly don’t relate to high end PVPers, M+ers, or CE Raiders with a lot of the issues get brought up on the forums, Twitter, or reddit, and I know I am not alone in that. I hope we will have some solid RPers and other diverse players with open minds who wish to bring about positive changes for the communities they are a part of.

8 Likes

But what are your opinions about Rogue Daggers?

(Just kidding, thank you for participating).

2 Likes

I’d personally ask how the Shadowlands story can be brought more into the open, whenever and whereever the hidden parts of it that players seem to be missing from the Developers’ perspectives are concerned would be best for the game first and foremost.

Not Rogue Daggers.

Edit: My main is a Rogue, currently offing in Combat spec for some new times, Assassination is a bit… staid, of late.

1 Like

How many community council member are shaman players?