Community Council won't change ANYTHING

I’m amazed at how few posts there are there to be honest.

Did they let in like 100 people or what? None of these folks have opinions?

3 Likes

I bet they all don’t even comment.

All the invites haven’t gone out yet.

Blizzard stated that invites would be rolling out over the next few days.

1 Like

Everything amounts to something, that fertilizer argument.

However, people must take things as they are. Or like “my people say”, “call things by their right names”.

This community counsel is not a representative of the community to Blizzard, it is a representative of Blizzard to the community. Its members are picked by the Blizzard standards to convey Blizzard’s message. There is nothing wrong with that, and that CAN BE positive. But NOTHING is ever positive if it is based on deception or confusion. It wont amount to positive contribution if taken by something it is not.

The only thing is keep that in mind to turn its “product” into “fertilizer”.

The same goes for many of the high end raiders. About 80% of the heroic raid team I raided with only raided and would log until the next raid. They only did the bare basics in order to gear up, and with the way M+ is, that’s the route they’d take. If people needed help with questing or other content, the standard answer was “check wowhead”.

This is fair. What would be a good solution though? A portion of community selected representatives?

There’s like 30 unique posts and the forum has been open for an entire day. Seems a little silly to me.

Remember in Legion’s alpha/beta when they were overhauling literally every class and spec and there was a constant flow of communication back and forth between the devs and the forums?

Where is that energy here?

EDIT: Just counted, fewer than 30 unique posts when you exclude Blizzard’s posts. I would be surprised if they even let in 100 people the first day.

1 Like

Oh lovely,how far down the line would the blame go?

Again…

Not all the invites have gone out yet.

And the Community Council is only 100 people.

So if you’ve seen 30 unique posts that means 30% of people have been invited and have posted on the forums. That still leaves 70% who have either not gotten their invite, or just haven’t posted yet.

If there’s a hidden narrative within SL, buried deeply enough into the content that I and likely others missed it along the way, how does Blizzard propose to fix this issue?

It’s not hard, it’s mostly just that Blizzard looks to be on track to not listen and not do anything remotely informed anew by the Community Council, due to the sacred Vision Blizzard has not being worth changing, ever.

I am pretty sure the general lack of faith in Blizzard right now is due to how Blizzard has largely not really ever listened well and done right by the players.

The vast majority of what blizzard has “listened” to includes a backhand slap to the players, or at the very least the idea is tweaked somehow, somehow off of where it was meant to be, and even when Blizzard has the chance to do right by the players, they consistently somehow choose to not do so. Ever.

So if Blizzard wants to actually, you know, listen? And actually try to do the right thing?

The ball is only in Blizzard’s court now, fans have been trying to talk at said Blizzard since 2004, and above all? Blizzard keeps saying, “We hear you and listen” And then they go off and do their own thing and act confused when their not listening action somehow gets them into deeper hot water with the players.

It’s been 17 years.

The CC quite literally has the odds stacked against it.

And that’s only thanks to Blizzard and how they treat the players.

Or, in another common turn of phrase?

Blizzard’s paying customers.

Funny that…

3 Likes

Some of them can be very responsive, especially Mira and World from my experience. It seems like the MVPs lost their status by becoming council members though? No longer seeing green text in their posts.

I say this with utmost sincerity: I do hope everything works out for you all on the council.

“At least” 100. If they are planning to restrict it to just 100 players it really is a useless program.

it’s supposed to be 100, people swap out after a year.

Well this will be a fun train-wreck to watch.

7 Likes

It will be a blanket statement.

Oh I already personally predict 10.0 will be the End of Life patch due to this issue.

The problem is that Blizzard is doing things other than choosing to listen.

I’ve been asking them to choose to listen and make and weigh meaningful thoughts objectively since October 2005.

I can tell by the content pushed live since then that Blizzard has yet to actually try and do their best for the sake of the game and its own merits, as well as they’ve not yet chosen to listen to the players directly and skip on a backhand slap or otherwise subverting the players’ request when fulfilling any given prior said request.

2 Likes

To be clear to everyone, the last post on the council forum was an hour ago. The average time for the last posts was 4-5 hours ago. And that’s fewer than 30 posts. On the first day when the feedback should be at its most passionate.

There will never be a time when the feedback is more important than on the first day.

This is nonsensical.

5 Likes

also during the week when people have work my guy

1 Like

Blizzard has an international audience, and is based on the West Coast where it isn’t even midnight yet.

1 Like

That’s not really a valid excuse for the low participation/lack of posts on the CC forum my guy, phones are a thing.

I’m posting from my phone right now (before bed)

1 Like