Community Council won't change ANYTHING

The whole thing is a PR stunt since day 1.

Look if Blizzard wanted changes they would of done it by now.

20 Likes

So two opinions = entire council bad? Wow…

I’ll remember that next time I hop on GD. The moment one or two people have an opinion I don’t like the entire forum is trash and should be abandoned.

I mean jeez dude, you know opinions are a thing right? And that not everyone is going to agree with you, right? Like, you should have learned that before you hit 10 years of age.

2 Likes

I agree with you if we talking strictly keys, no one should be giving opinions on content they don’t even do.

I have a friend that we call the WoW encyclopedia, he is probably one of the worst players ive ever met getting out dpsed by tank and even sometimes healers but he knew everything about the lore and quests.

He knew every obscure questline and where the NPCs were and id always wait for him to come online whenever i leveled alts.

My friends list and guild are all over 2.4k io and mythic raiders but when it comes to leveling tips or quests they are absolutely hopeless. I would like see some players that are experts in their preferred content in the council if this thing ever gets going.

7 Likes

Blizzard has stated that they’re collecting opinions from a vast array of players, thus far we’ve only seen introductions and opinions from not even 20% of the total, which is likely because Blizzard hasn’t sent out invites to everyone yet. We’ll know more once everyone is chosen.

Well Blizzard isn’t going to invite toxic players who trash the company or their choices. They want folks who provide constructive feedback, not craplords who only seek to abuse and demean others.

And I don’t blame them, if they wanted toxic they could have just invited Asmongold and his fans.

1 Like

Yeah…but a leveling addon is going to be more knowledgeable than any one player. Doing quests while waiting in LFD is probably all the advice that anyone will every need. For everyone else…YouTube is a thing.

It is merely for appearances and anyone that thinks otherwise is naive.

They will smile and nod, thank them for the feedback, agree that some of the suggestions even have merit but then a few months later give any number of excuses as to why they couldn’t implement them.

It’s a sham. It will always be a sham.

10 Likes

Just wait until the devs step out of line again and they turn on them.

They’ll shut the forum down faster than you can blink.

1 Like

You said earlier that you applied for this program. Why do you think that you weren’t chosen?

People with different opinions than me are lesser so it’s okay to treat them poorly and other them. After all if you aren’t on my side you’re worthless to me, I already have the perfect viewpoint with no outside input needed.

It’s all about me, baby~

Hot goods.

My reputation amongst the various sharks who swim through here is not the greatest.

I’ll tell you why. Your greatest accomplishment is reaching the level cap. There isn’t a player on earth that can’t do that.

And that is why they will fail.

The council isn’t a voice for the little man. It’s just a distraction for them.

1 Like

The fact that someone gets the wrong argument to prove a point does not mean there isnt arguments to that point.

The simples and most effective argument to what Volkswagen said is a famous one:

Before the most likely answer is even posted, I know what happens further in the movie, and it just proves the point: The error is not in the fact that we can know what happens before it happens in many instances, it is the fact that we BELIEVE we can use that knowledge to change what happens instead of avoiding altogether.

1 Like

It will likely fail because Blizzard won’t listen to any kind of feedback, but on your application…what did you put? You got to 60. My son could do that.

I’d of thought anyone who has played SLs at 60 has feedback worth listening to.

Or are we redefining what an MMORPG means now?

Except for the multiple times when they have quite literally listened to feedback…

Where do you people keep coming up with this idea that they don’t listen at all?

Just because they’re not giving everyone everything they want, the moment they want it. Doesn’t mean they’re not listening. I am 90% sure every single one of us have been listened to and told ‘no’ more than once in our lives.

1 Like

Fruit bowls.

Emote changes.

3 Likes

It was “redefined” long ago by those who still think WoW is a MMORPG.

Those who did not redefined it, dont play WoW anymore.

1 Like

Meanwhile ironically the 2nd reply on the first topic begins with “I echo 1st replies concern”

2 Likes

That poster was using a very basic form of argument writing where you start off with positive points, and then list down negative points. There’s definitely a potential for bias and dishonesty, but in this particular instance it’s wrong.

My hope is that community likes for CC posts amounts to something. Make more liked posts visible, and less liked posts (or even put back dislikes for the CC forum) less visible. But to me this is can also be faulty when people aren’t actually taking the time to read the entire post, and make a judgement after the first paragraph.