Community Council won't change ANYTHING

tfw you’re more qualified than any people they could possibly pick for the “council” but will never be asked to be on it due to “wrongthink”

You really really really should go read the Intro thread. There are quite a few who prefer other aspects of the game and are focused on that. That includes me - although I am only one of the casual folks. P.S. “Casual” should not be a bad word. A game is a hobby that can be as intensive as organized sports, or as relaxing as reading/art/etc.

That is not how it works. You don’t get banned for having a different opinion or there would be no posters here. You don’t break forum rules and you don’t get a suspension. Not even when you did not read the Intro thread and seem to have missed all the folks who have talked about game improvements for non raiding/average players.

1 Like

I’m going to reserve my judgement but i must say that the early signs aren’t very promising, i don’t want it to go this way but i suspect most of the invites will go out to people that traditionally support Blizzard in whatever they do (friends and family, streamers, high end raiders etc etc).

3 Likes

I’ve seen a few, but they were all from EU servers?

Like I said, though, the US players might be, uh. Reluctant. To be the tallest poppy and call themselves out publicly.

“That is not how it works. You don’t get banned for having a different opinion or there would be no posters here. You don’t break forum rules and you don’t get a suspension. Not even when you did not read the Intro thread and seem to have missed all the folks who have talked about game improvements for non raiding/average players.”

It’s awesome that you are telling me what my experience has been and providing me with an opinion. You must be on the community council. I really can think for myself, and really don’t need to be told how to think so that it is in alignment with what you think is right. People are allowed to have different opinions (except here on the forums). I have received a temporary forum ban for having a “different” opinion, so please tell me what to think and write here, that seems to be the direction that things are heading, so I’d appreciate your input.

1 Like

waves
I’m a special snowflake it seems :>

I am not telling you anything but facts. The Mods do not suspend you from the forums unless you actually break the rules such as using profanity, personally attacking other posters, spamming, flame bait to be really disruptive, etc. I can’t pull your history…and Blizz won’t share it with me. If for some reason you were falsely reported then that is what Appeal is for.

Your statement that there are no folks on the Council interested in “average” players is also blatantly false. The intro thread has that info.

1 Like

The reason likely for this is because the US RP scene is small compared to Argent Dawn’s one. They have not only a community page dedicated to them but several smaller pages as well.

Argent Archives is the popular one.

Out of curiosity… what do you want to you bring to the RP-scene?

Would it maybe help if there were sections on the council forum to put threads into and make new threads in like:PVP, RPG/Roleplay, Open world, raiding and dungeoning, etc?

I’m gonna press “x” to doubt on that one.

RP events on Moon Guard (US) have made the actual news. Like, not WoWHead news, not Blizzard’s news, the real Forbes news. There are reams and reams of Wiki sites, projects, resources, player-made newspapers, blogs, etc. It’s my understanding that Wyrmrest Accord (US) has a similarly hefty population with as much community involvement.

4 Likes

I have been checking the subforums here for a while and they don’t have the same engagement as AD’s one, not even close. But to be fair, most of the AD forum regulars are very passionate posters. I remember several hot topics and how easily they hit +700 postings after just one to two hours.

I don’t know yet. I think it is going to take time to get a feel for how frequent the pace of posting is, what the volume is, etc. There are only going to be around 100 -ish people. Do only 100 people create enough topics that we need sub sections? I also don’t know how the CMs plan to make their Blue question threads. The first one is a very general one and broad ranging. I can expect after that, and after people find their feet, they will ask more of the focused feedback questions about individual systems or game aspects.

For now they have an Index thread at the top where hot topics get pinned so they can easily be found instead of needing personal bookmarks.

1 Like

…and that’s exactly what appears to be happening :laughing:

So far I haven’t seen a single CC member post anything really critical of Shadowlands or the terrible state of the game in 9.1.5, most of the comments so far are all flowers and rainbows or “everythings fine!”-style comments.

So far, what we have/what we know from the few threads that have already been posted over there:

• “9.1.5 is great! people have even resubbed because of it!” …blatantly false/not really true, the players I know that unsubbed due to 9.1 are still not back, staying unsubbed, or went to FFXIV or New World, many of the streamers I watch are also not coming back til 9.2
  • “the 9.1.5 Mage Tower is so much fun and not over-tuned at all, its perfect!”… :man_facepalming:… Lol
  • a random thread about mount collectors with like 500+ mounts

So far from the threads currently posted there, the one about PvP gearing in Shadowlands is the only thread even remotely relevant to what a regular/casual player might experience in the course of playing the game.

Still not a single M+ oriented player (unless I missed something). So far it looks like mostly high-end Mythic raiding/CE players, with a PvPer sprinkled in.

2 Likes

When I see this article and see my full name in it I feel like a cool kid.

Moon Guard has a ton of great projects and initiatives for roleplay - though sometimes I feel like stigma gets the better of people’s perception of it.

1 Like

What do I want to bring to the RP scene? Probably more options for expression, first and foremost. Whether that is by giving us more racial customisations, transmog and new transmog options, reduced cooldown/increased duration on certain toys… or more consumables and what not. The RP community is incredibly self-sufficient, many of the limitations of WoW can be overcome with addons and a bit of determination.

But if we’re talking a proper wishlist of features that we’ll probably never get, I’ll have to make a new thread…!

3 Likes

I am pretty sure that Blizzard just wants a “Good Job” echo chamber. It does appear to be that way so far.

1 Like

It has potential to be something or nothing, only time will tell at this point

You absolutely should! I have a few ideas of my own, but I’d absolutely love to see what others come up with!

1 Like

Yes. And this is not what I want to see either. No more of this. As Uther it says, inaction damns us all.

This sounds good so far. I would also address the pvp mounts and how the classic ones should be updated sans the flag. When it comes to more transmog options, then they should start with the heritage weapons and established sets (Pandaren Shado-Pan comes into the mind). And allowing to transmog white trash items, this has been asked very often in the past as well.

It’s true that US RP servers hardly use their official forums. MG in particular, but WRA’s has also fallen off over time.

Discussions have almost entirely moved to in-person in game and to various Discords. There’s a lot of holdout content on Tumblr, but also Twitter is apparently very popular with US roleplayers. I’ve even seen things going on on Instagram. The big shift over time has been about the way that US RP servers have segmented into a lot of sub-groups instead of one big cohesive “community” that all communicates using the same resource, mirroring the way that US society has increasingly segregated itself into smaller sub-groups.

1 Like