Community Council Members - Read

Yes. People want rewarded for doing literally no work at all. Regardless of affixes you can time any of these dungeons on a 15 with a group at 220-226 ilvl just like what happened at the start of the patch meanwhile people that are nearly 250 ilvl are still struggling. That’s skill issue. At what point do you draw the line for free handout gear from the vault?

1 Like

I tried reading some of the post and holy hell please give us a tl;dr. The Council members write freaking monologues.

THe council I believe isn’t just about Shadowlands . I believe it is about bringing up some current issues and it has but imho it is also about the game going forward and bringing up ideas the members off the CC have as well as bringing ideas to BLizz other players have .

THings like player housing have been spoken about by plenty of players. Various players have talked about 4th specs for classes .

Not much can be done for 9.1 that wasn’t handled by 9.1.5 and if there are more changes they might come along with 9.2 which will probably have it’s own list of problems when it goes live.

They can’t comment on those things until they are in game .

To be honest if Blizz is going to have the CC they need to make sections on the various content in came from class design to player power systems so that those of us not in the council can easily find the information we are looking for as well as condensing topics of th esame nature into 1 easy to find spot .

There is a major difference in discussing issues plaguing the game right now, and game design going forward. We all have differing opinions about what the game should be in the future. For some things like housing or 4th specs might be important. However, for many others, it isn’t. But at the end of the day, I don’t really want the CC throwing game design ideas at a wall and seeing what sticks, especially when they aren’t really a priority, when there are much more pressing issues in the game today that should be addressed.

Address issues with 9.15 as asked by the blizz poster. Address issues in 9.2 when they come up. Making wish list posts again just makes CC another version of GD that only 6 players can comment on. Already looking at the CC forums, its a mess of threads, and devolving from being a potentially useful function into another issue of sorting bad ideas and fantasy ideas from actual game issues that should be addressed.

They don’t need to post if there isn’t an issue. It’s ok to not post for a few days or weeks if nothing urgent is happening. Don’t post in there just because they can, or it degrades the quality of the threads

1 Like

How is it any different then what we have been doing in GD for the last few years.

Right now we have a group of players that Blizz might (and I do mean might) listen to that will bring forth the ideas we all have been tossing out in hopes that they will stick .

Like I said the CC is most likely not just about current issues but about current issues and the game going forward . You are just wanting it to be about issues and nothing else .

We already know that they seldom take any feedback into account. Too much hubris and indignance.

I am not holding my breath for any miraculous results from this experiment.

1 Like

That’s the entire point though. There is a small chance this could be taken more seriously and actually promote change. If it just becomes a semi-elite GD, then most threads become worthless and ignored. Keep it small with quality threads and maybe you’d get some discourse going.

THing is any current issue has either been fixed or is possibly being worked on or ignored because it is exactly where Blizz wants it . To be honest not much we or the player members of the CC can do right now especially since it is still forming and no Blue responses outside of the intro thread. So why not bring up ideas that could be brought into the game going forward or making topics of why they should no longer do the player power system grinds going forward .

I would rather they work with Blizz on making the game better going forward because I honestly don’t think there is anything they can do to save SL from this point on .

Some people don’t participate in mythic plus because they don’t have the time, will or connections to find groups with ease. That does not mean they don’t have past experience that is useful. And sometimes they only want to change it so they can participate without a mega hassle to get in. The gate keeping on mythic plus is real. And being in a prolonged state of rush is not healthy for anyone’s blood pressure. Mythic plus is a great start on something that could be much better. However those who thrive in such conditions cry over every change proposed because they don’t wish to loose their edge.

As newly begun as the council is (and I am not on it), I think I am seeing 2 aspects to the creation and communication of it:

1. It’s not a leeching (or stealing or infringement) or others’ ideas. The GD is packed with posts that contain good information and it is also overflowing with non-game related themes. I can understand and believe that the Council is an attempt to funnel all the workable insights and data players have posted in the GD into a more concentrated/dedicated forum where they can be more easily seen and reviewed.

2. Council members, I believe I read, will represent a wide swath of playing styles, interests, and wants/needs. Hence why council members will be rotated over time, to ensure that as many unique viewpoints are heard. It would sort of be counterproductive (and redundant) to have the council have too many voices, for then it WOULD become more like GD, and that was NOT the point.

I am really very surprised by the amount of hostility, jadedness, and degree of conspiracy theory being tossed at the Council. It JUST started. It’s a fresh take on, as some have said, other attempts at communication and coagulation that didn’t work out well in the past. And there is an element of trust, here, too. Not everything written in GD is going to find itself parroted in a forum post in CC. They have a dedicated discord group to present ideas in, too. Just because folks aren’t seeing everything in writing doesn’t mean communications isn’t happening.

As a scientist, heck, even at life, progress cannot be made if one doesn’t test and try new things. Not everything is going to be a success out the gate, and I could even argue that failure is a prerequisite to success.

I have been reading the CC forum. And maybe at some point, on a Friday night or something, I’ll try joining the general discord channel and listen in. It seems to me, though, that there are handful of CC folks here that are striving to do their best, and, because it’s early stages, I have hope that this Council path will help increase communication upward and, hopefully, result in better changes being made to a game that oh so many of us are clearly passionate about.

Keep on CC! And thanks for being present here, too.

[edits: spelling and additional thoughts]

2 Likes

Don’t worry, doesn’t appear they are. They have yet to respond to any thread created so far. My guess is most if any responses will be on discord

I feel like if someone feels this way they must just now have started to pay attention.

For me, the hostility/suspicion is less directed at the Council (the players themselves) and more towards Blizzard. Which I think is appropriate. This is not the first time they have tried making a sub-class of the WoW player population in the form of a feedback committee.

That being said, I am not knocking the person I quoted for their optimism, just saying I am not surprised more people don’t feel the same way as them.

Umm you’re dealing with people who where ingnored for years all kindness has left. Be grateful they don’t bite your leg and growl.

1 Like

Plenty of CC members are watching and responding to threads. There’s plenty in this thread, even multiple members talking just a few comments up.
That being said, we’re all people with our own lives. Even if we responded, collectively, to one thread a day, it would still be far more engagement with the forum than the blues seem to have.

1 Like

Is anyone from Blizz responding? Because if not it’s just a special GD

Not yet, though it’s only been up for a few days. It wouldn’t surprise me that they’re carefully taking their time and giving calculated responses, and more importantly just waiting for more feedback to roll in. The entire point of the CC forums IS for blues to communicate clearly there, so more likely than not it’s just a matter of time.

I sure do hope this isn’t a waste of time for the poor people they selected to be part of the Community Council.

This sort of defeats what I thought was part of the purpose of the CC - Transparency.

The presentation of ideas and the ensuing discussion of that idea should happen in the forum - not somewhere else.

Doing something like this - discussions behind “closed” doors tends to erode what little trust I had in Blizzard or the CC given that transparency was what was advertised.

Edited to say: Mirasol gave an answer to this below. MUCH appreciated.

1 Like

Would you rather us write things that are easily and quickly digestible by the general playerbase, or would you rather us use this strange opportunity to fully flesh out and specify our gripes now that we (assume) they’re listening?

Correct. We were instructed to use the Discord only for admin type activities and question to the CMs. All game discussion is supposed to happen on the Forums in the open. Same with Blizzard replies to it.

So far, that is what is happening. There is nothing in Discord right now that is not already on the forums, or that is not admin type stuff, or even friendly chit chat.

1 Like