Community Council Members - Read

Having “nobody’s” picked I think is a good thing or part of the point. But the problem I am seeing is people signed up, got picked and didn’t know what they were signing up for it seems.

Yeah, I hear you there. I think I’d personally give it a little bit more time for invites to fully roll out and more people to speak their piece before really solidifying an opinion. What I can say is that I haven’t met a single CC member yet that I think doesn’t belong or is saying the entirely wrong thing and I really hope that’s a trend that continues :slight_smile:

Honestly, this this why no one interacts with this forum. Because they’re going to blame you for things, regardless. I mean, another thread literally said it’s okay and justified to be hostile towards the council.

I’m glad you’re trying to communicate here. I have a lot of respect for that. But I feel it’s a waste of your efforts. People are just going to find any reason they can to hate the council. :confused:

2 Likes

The entire council thing is more likely than not a waste of my efforts altogether, let alone just talking to people in threads like this. But oh well, I don’t have to defend myself to anyone, I’m going to just keep doing my thing and keep steady on my prime goal which is just data collection. :slight_smile: I hope the council thing proves itself to be worthwhile over time.

2 Likes

lol what a joke - so basically what is going to happen is you people leech other people’s ideas and then claim them as your own.

Also if blizzard set up a discord for you why were two other people advertising their own discords in that section - something seems real odd there.

I went through just to check that out and only 8 that I can tell are EU alts and the other 16 I counted were from NA servers .
(THis is from the Introduce Yourself thread)

Now to be honest it does look like the EU players are the most active in making topics. Hopefully we will see more from the NA players soon.

I don’t hate the council. This is a n issue to. Criticism is going to be take as personal attacks. If people don’t agree with something it’s going to be taken as personal attacks. I don’t have anything against Basil. But the councils goal was explained during the video and the write of what it was suppose to be. They shouldn’t being trying to communicate. It’s literally there job to interact and represent the community.

There’s a difference between giving constructive criticism and trying to belittle specific individuals.

2 Likes

I mean that is just going to happen. Like I said above welcome to the internet. Like I also said above it doesn’t make it right either. But that is part of signing up for a program to be a public figure unfortunately. There are going to be idiots that criticize you just to criticize you. But what you have to do as a chosen leader in the community is to learn to ignore those people and focus on the people that actual want to give constructive feedback.

I personally have a level 10 for the simple reason that I am in Europe and play on an EU account, and Im by far not the only one. Most of the council don’t hide, quite the opposite.

I am also however easy to reach, just read my introduction and you’ll know I mod a class discord, within two minutes you can dm me all your toxicity or creepy stuff.

We may represent all kinds of players, but that doesnt make the council leaders. Most of these people have likely never been under public scrutiny like this. Place yourself in the others’ shoes. A little kindness goes a long way.

4 Likes

One thing I would like to note about the council is it already is becoming more a wish list of ideas, rather than commenting on things that already exist. There are already 30 topics with some that aren’t particularly priority issues. There are a few threads about the same issue. I think it kind of degrades the purpose of the council when it becomes a cluttered version of GD.

The posts about 9.1, PvP gearing and class design all hit big topics that many people have asked, written, or complained about. Those are worth bringing to the attention of the devs, and having a discourse about. Some of the posts about player housing, extra specs, or 4 threads on mythic + I would say are not, and just clutter the board.

I write this just as an note since you all do have a position where devs might actually read and comment about your posts. If the forum becomes too cluttered however, good threads and ideas get lost in the noise, simialr to GD. I would say try and keep the threads to important issues already in the game, instead of using it to promote personal ideas that aren’t huge concerns with the player base as a whole

1 Like

I personally think the council is a total failure, 9/10 posts are absolutely awful like for example a shaman main asking for a 4th spec. It’s an actual joke.

They need a downvote system so we can kick some of these members out.

2 Likes

I was expecting the Community Council forum to have a lot more blue posts, personally…

That would be my post and I can assure you I’m no shaman main :wink:

The forums and Community Council are not a democracy. It is not supposed to be a popularity contest. If it was we would just have echo chambers of whatever big streamer told people to vote for. We get enough streamer follower spam here. Having more does not sound helpful.

I also expect Blue posts. Council started Thursday afternoon though and they don’t work weekends (outside critical functions like NOC, tickets, moderation). They don’t even have most of the Council put together yet. It is a bit over 30 people so far I think.

Well if it was you, here’s a recommendation (do whatever you want with it):

You have more power than the rest of us so please make it count for things that actually matters, they won’t see your post and be like: “This guy is right, we need a 4th shaman spec”. Shamans have been in the game for over a decade so I’m pretty sure they went over that idea at least once.

Maybe they have, maybe they haven’t. But its also not like that’s the only post I’ve made.

The M+ thread that popped up as of recent is yet again another disastrous showing of people who do not participate in the content and trying to demand change because they’re failing 15s. Which is funny because it’s, you know, the thing that people said apparently wasn’t going to happen.

The only way for this system to work is Blizzard needs to create actual threads and if your account doesn’t meet the specific requirements you simply cannot post in the thread.

1 Like

Are your referring to the one suggesting to let the players choose if they want affixes or not in their +15s?