Community Council is just a PR move

Yes, even when I applied going into it I had all the doubts (I still do), knowing that the CC announcement came off of 9.1.5, where they suddenly decided to listen to players. I’m willing to be made a fool one last time though, running on my last dose of Hopium. I’m sincerely hoping that they will stop being ignorant towards their own fans.

2 Likes

Definitely keep us updated on how it goes over time :slight_smile: congrats for making it in.

1 Like

If what Blizzard is saying is true, then I would be more than happy to document their responses, especially the ones in the promised live chats.

Time will tell if I should be congratulated or not. Hopefully it doesn’t end up being a waste of time :sweat_smile: I’ve been putting a lot of passion into it, so I hope we get something good in the end.

1 Like

I don’t think so personally, there are at least a decade worth of criticism that has gone ignored, why start now? I feel like they’ve had a backlog of ideas and since the controversy they’re going all in, like SoM being rushed to the front I think they had that planned for later same with WoW CC.

Not only that GD has provided some good ideas/criticism and now what is GD? Just a place for us to complain and QQ right? Because why would the devs ever visit here now? I don’t think Ion was super active on here since Legion.

I think you will provide some good, I want to love Retail again and I hope it’s not filled with just a bunch of yes men. I want people who will tell them upfront, yeah this sucks, don’t do that, etc.

But when they have a system designer who doxxed someone’s personal identity and workplace and boss /defended wow needing systems gives me many doubts.

“Elaborate” is a strong choice of words.

The plan seems delightfully simple. Say you’re going to listen, select 100 random applicants to pour their hearts out, making people feel represented in the process. Then continue ignoring them and implement one or two things you see on there every once in a while so people think you’re doing something.

I’ve yet to see all the Council members post on the forum (or all the members being invited in the first place), I think what matters most is if they are able to reflect the thoughts of their represented communities in a well formatted, dense and easy to understand manner.

1 Like

There’s at least one long time GD poster over there that everyone really liked from years ago.

GD is a cesspool of nothing but complaints. And it’s not a majority of players. There’s nothing to talk about until after Tuesday to see what they do. And not everyone hates it or thinks it needs to be easy.

Best I hope for from this is good drama,

Eve’s CSM came with fun drama. One of their perks is inside looks at the future not even on SISI (eve’s PTR server).

so most years CSM’s were good for someone using that to fire up some really good insider trading. and get caught. and removed off council.

soap opera drama flavor.

then there was the year mittens (nickname, real game name is the mittani) made threats against a player. so there was drama there too. lesson learned from that for many players was also end a threat “in game only”. then its okay lol .

Fingers crosseddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd !

They want and need player input. But they will be unable to put together a representative cross-section of the playerbase because they only respect high achievers. They think anyone else is undeserving and should be thankful they are permitted to log in for buying the game and paying monthly fees.

As long as devs dismiss player opinion as “a cesspool”, they will ignore all player opinion that doesn’t validate everything they have planned.

The fact that GD doesn’t have millions of posters on it does not mean that you can pretend that everyone who is not a sorehead on GD complaining because they like to complain is deliriously happy with the game and playing it, given that ignoring what paying customers were willing to pay for, with your encouragement and blessing, has cost them more than half the playerbase.

I guess your devious scheme to destroy the game by eliminating most players is working. Maybe rethink some of that?

1 Like

You should probably take the tin foil hat off. This doesn’t even make any sense. lol

2 Likes

It’s “elaborate?” How?

Perhaps if you didn’t support the idea that everybody who bought shadowlands is still playing happily except for a few forum soreheads things might be different. It’s your choice to believe things that are demonstrably false, it’s also your choice to attempt to convince other people who know they are false that they are God’s Truth™.

Except I don’t believe that. Never once said I did either. This is by far the worst expansion and I’ve made many complaints about it. You can easily look them up. :slightly_smiling_face:

Apparently that’s all you know how to do!

Let’s look again. You said that people who post in the forums are a minority, which others were intended to assume meant that the opinion of people on the forums who are unhappy is unique to the forums, and is not found in the game. Which would mean that everybody’s still playing, rather than over half of them having left.

Never change, Rhielle.

Yes! As per Blizzard, we are roughly one percent of the WoW population. Though, given the dumpster fire that is Shadowlands, it’s probably a bit higher now.

This is incorrect! It helps to ask first for clarification before you make things up. Because you’re entirely wrong. :wink:

I see a lot of folks wondering about elaborate.

We’ll the simply thing to do, if Blizzard is genuinely interested in gathering community feedback, would be to simply look no further than the vast amount of feedback that folks already take the time to pour their hearts into.

Elaborate denotes announcing and forming an entire “Council” with a special place in the forums for said players to post.

This is very quantified as “elaborate” because Blizzard was bound to know this type of action would spawn multiple articles and opinions around the gaming community about how they care so much a out player feedback that they have created a special “Community Council”…

…while the reality is, they don’t even acknowledge if they listen to the feedback that people take their time to construct and format already.

Oh really? When you said the forums were a minority, you didn’t realize that is always intended to mislead people into thinking that forum opinions are not found in the general player population, and should be ignored at all times, and that people in the general player population should be assumed to believe the opposite?

Whatever makes your master happy.

No it isn’t. Maybe that’s how you feel, but it’s definitely not the intention!

That must be some tight tinfoil, sir!

I ignored you. How is it you are immune to that?