Community Council Forum Invites - Wyrmrest Accord

I’ll be the more optimistic one and say until the end of the week. Not much to do other than sit on our hands and wait- until then, I’ll pour us a whiskey. Cheers Ted, and to our luck.

2 Likes

raisin a can of mtn dew to that

Ion I promise to spend 100+ hours in this game if you give us Ogres

5 Likes

So far only one person posting the CCF intro thread mentions RP and says they “dabble” in it.

That gives me a whole basket full of nothing. Better see some RP folks show up in there.

3 Likes

Blizzard I promise to never troll another forum poster or try to get suspended again if you promise to send me a council invite :innocent:

The one guy saying he primarily applied due to concerns about the story and lore was nice to see

5 Likes

He’s officially my favourite so far

1 Like

There’s another one who also almost RPs.

So far, they’re looking like what you’d expect. Most focus will be about raiding, gearing, balancing, PvP, and mechanics. I don’t expect anything to really touch on lore or RP. And I don’t expect any of them to understand how to draw in new players from a marketing perspective and actually make suggestions to push those along. Back to Conan I go.

2 Likes

Only 17/100 revealed so far tbf.

Though I couldn’t help but guffaw that they picked this Kiraser fellow, but he is rather neat.

We actually already had a number of community councils in the past, but they were largely ignored, so I’m not sure I trust the sincerity of this whole thing.

Possibilities:

1. They’re making a new one but will actually engage with this one publicly and will listen this time. (sincere route)
  2. They’re making a new one and will engage, but not do anything suggested and maybe quietly disband when things cool down. (PR route)
  3. As Tops mentioned. They’re specifically looking for people to groom/promote as content creators who will put positive spins on news and controversies. (long term PR route)
4 Likes

Seeing the first two threads posted in the community, and maybe this is me being pessimistic and bitter, but it seems kinda like people being picked are very specific about the topics they’d like to talk about. One track mind. Is it just kinda like…. “Let me post what is bothering me about the game and hope it gets fixed” and less about, making changes that benefit the community as a whole. Maybe I was foolish to think it was anything else and maybe it’s out of pocket to judge so quickly but it’s honestly reading very poorly to me.

5 Likes

Best case scenario would’ve been effective forum engagement from the devs, leading to feedback being presented from everyone

1 Like

I would have loved a “So glad to be here! Let’s talk about how best we can utilize this council to make meaningful strides towards a better relationship with developers and players!” But that’s just me :pensive:

5 Likes

gets email from blizzard
sudden spark of hope
cod: vanguard news

lame.

the pvp guy posting is infamous for his hot takes and combative behaviors on the pvp board and the 18th guy didn’t even post an intro and is just rambling about nonsensical TBC stuff.

kicks rock looks like hope’s slippin’ rapidly.

2 Likes

They won’t put a WRA person in there because they know they’d get raked over the coals.

3 Likes

I got my email invite so I don’t know why Key is trolling.

Edit: Yes I plan on representing not just WRA but ALL roleplay interests. I submitted War Council activities of 300+ RPers during BfA.

4 Likes

I don’t believe you but if you are genuine, I am not surprised they would put the absolute worst representative ever. You’ve been known to LOVE blizzard and everything they do.

Out of all people,

really?

2 Likes

What? I submitted a huge post of evidence from BfA’s beginning to Shadowlands’ first patch. I’m not the only one from WrA / MG who got in by the way. I know of two others, at least one of who I have seen the email for.

I will represent what roleplayers need and want. That’s a fact.

Edit: The rebel RPers in BfA will not be represented >:D

3 Likes

Good stuff to hear, man!

In regards to your edit, however: Terrible and shame on your plagued cow and chicken.