Collecting Appearances in The War Within

Sometimes there are just bad ideas. As a player, I can do a great deal now with my friends who play on characters of the other faction. I don’t need to go wandering around Orgrimmar on my Gnome because that would feel just, y’know, weird.

Let’s not get the whole thing too weird. It wouldn’t be the game I’ve loved for 15 years anymore.

2 Likes

I have a question chief, there’s a BUNCH of Transmog that I SHOULD have gained from doing the “Scepter of the Shifting Sands” Questline. Specifically, I don’t know about anyone else, but I KNOW I at least speak for the Scarab Lords out there, the very few who remain playing, that we should be given the transmog retroactively. The transmogs of the the following…

Onyx Embedded Leggings (Mail Legs)
Drudge Boots (Leather Feet)
Gnomish Turban of Psychic Might (Cloth Head)
Darkwater Robe (Cloth Chest)
Fang of Korialstrasz & Shadowsong’s Sorrow (Daggers that share the same xmog)
Runesword of the Red (Sword)
Ravencrest’s Legacy (Sword)

I love collecting transmog myself, I’ve collected a lot of stuff that was RFG that cost me 100,000s, usually, I farmed the mats, and wasn’t upset when the transmog was put back in the game. Sure it sucked spending 40K+ On Frozen Runes that are now lucky if they’re 50G a piece. I am not a vain person, I’ve met a few other Scarab Lords who are cool with the idea of the transmog we’ve earned be made public.

My Shaman was only able to get transmogs for the Onyx Embedded Legs, Korialstrasz/Shadowsong daggers. Will the cloth leather, cloth, & Swords be made available for me to transmog on my account?

I would also be delighted if a green/blue/epic drop of the items I mentioned dropped in their corresponding locations, i even gave them new names that pay homage to the original item and saved you guys a step:

Onyx Studded Leggings in Blackwing Lair
Drudged Leather Boots in Moonglade or Sunken Temple
Gnomish Turban of Psychic Awesomeness on Alcaz Island or in the Molten Core
Darkwater Seasilk Robes in Azshara
Sharpened Fang of Korialstrasz, Shadowsong’s Seething Sorrow, and Great Runesword of the Red, can all drop in the Temple of Ahn’Qiraj.
Ravencrest’s Legacy is unique in this scenario, I’d be fine with that dropping in Temple of Ahn’Qiraj or Black Rook Hold on Mythic, and I’d name it: Inheritance of Ravencrest.

Again, I’m happy and find sharing the transmog I worked my butt off to get with people who didn’t do the quest because they didn’t have time or were too young or whatever.T They can be farmable or have a small chance of dropping once per week, I’m fine with that.

I REALLY just want to have the transmogs I’m missing from this questline and hope I’ll be retroactively given them. You guys gave people the motorcycles from 10 years ago, you can give me the words, cloth, & leather I earned. I completed everything up to and including Treasure of the Timeless One, I just didn’t Bang A Gong!

1 Like

This was likely planned from the start rather than being a response to feedback. It probably just took a while to figure out how to get around the class restrictions and to set up the retroactive quest stuff.

Whether planned or not though, obviously nice improvements.

I for one would like to know for sure. I wanted those 1 of a kind xmogs for cloth, leather, and swords. I choose the leather and cloth rewards too see them. I couldn’t use the swords but could the daggers. Transmog wasn’t a thing in TBC or WOTLK, not was Void Storage. I can’t exactly go to item restoration and ask for those items to be restored.

yeah factions aint going nowhere.

Thank you so much for listening to us! Thank you for taking this amazing feature we were all really disappointed to lose and instead of backburnering it, or telling us you won’t do it…you’re making it a priority. As a HUGE transmog collector, I feel really seen as a player. THANK YOU.

3 Likes

Will we be able to collect the appearances of items that we’ve already equipped and made soulbound to characters of the wrong armor class?
Asking because I have a Foreman’s Vest sitting in my original main’s bank and don’t want to farm a rare in an ancient zone for a sub 1% drop or shell out 100k for one off the AH.

2 Likes

2 Likes

This is excellent news! One question, though. I’ve been sitting on the original Headless Horseman’s Helm which I only ever had it drop once, and that was so far back in the annals of WoW history, (the second year the event happened) and I have no idea why I didn’t junk it… On my Druid. Never had it drop on any of my plate wearers. Only the once. On my Druid. A leather wearer.

So, my question… will it now finally be transmogable, and will the transmog keep that creepy laugh?

1 Like

Rejoice! I decided to main a new hunter in DF and it was not fun starting with next to no mail mogs since I played the majority of my WoW career as cloth and leather wearers. I was dreading ever maining a plate class in the future since I’d have to repeat every single quest in the game to boost my plate mogs. Now I won’t have to do that!

Just have to do lore master on Horde side then. Nice.

This is amazing, because honestly I only do the full campaign on 1 armor type. Alts usually level in different ways like timewalking and such.

Having to do content on repeat just for tmogs is something I always say “i’ll do it later” but then I never really do lol

3 Likes

Does this mean that using a token will grant all appearances from that token?

I…doubt that. You’ll likely still only get whatever piece you exchange the token for, dependent on the class you exchange it with.

OMG!!! THANK YOU~! FINALLY EEEEEEEE SO EXCITED!!

:dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: :dracthyr_yay_animated: :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:
:dracthyr_heart: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_heart:

I love how you say this AFTER I deleted the 20+ toons I restored because you guys told us this would happen with Warband’s launch (and was doing so on beta). So I assumed logging them in had already done that.

Please remove the restore character cooldown for a while once you guys re-enable restore character for people like me who blindly believed you guys. :confused:

2 Likes

Great change to see for transmog collectors in-game! Might have to start running older raids again for more transmog appearances sometime in the future! :smiley:

1 Like

Its all good, but please, allow us to just BUY expansion transmog sets from some a vendor, instead of running raid/dungeons. Lock it behind Loremaster/Pathfinder/Keymaster achievement or something else. Just let us buy the appearances, without need to waste N hours on pulling leaver on loot’s random generator to get the item.

1 Like

If you are going to force upon us 100s if not 1000s of appearances (most of us don’t care about) can we have an option to hide all the ones we will never use so that looking for something doesn’t involve looking through 100s of pages.

You’re being mad and snarky that they’re clarifying after one of the forum mods on EU said something that caused confusion?

It’s a wonder Blizzard rarely interacts with the forums.

2 Likes