Collecting Appearances in The War Within

Why does this feel like an AI-generated response lol

Dude I’m Argent Dawn and Dark Iron. I’ll get to s dead version of a zone to farm all day

Do you truly mean everything? As a vanilla player my Loremaster achievement was obtained pre-cata. Many of the quests my character completed are no longer available. When this patch goes in will I get to experience the same feeling of Christmas morning that newer players that leveled in the post Cata zones will get?

1 Like

Why? You were so certain when you said this wasn’t going to happen a few days ago, so why change it now? How many raid tiers is this gonna cost us?

Yes - those mogs still exist and transfer over in the database. I have a ton of classic mogs from WOTLK era when I was questing around.

They’re not super great quality, tbh so I never use them. But if you’re worried about that, I am pretty positive they are included based on the sets I have from pre-cata questing.

1 Like

I am told that a large amount of Classic through Cataclysm data was effectively removed the game once the Cataclysm expansion happened.

A good portion of the quests required for The Seeker and Loremaster. Were purged or rewritten as they were. The rewards and cosmetics available from certain quests. Maybe many. No longer exist in the available game files.

This is coming from Contributors from people that work on sorting AllTheData from DataforAzeroth and AllTheThings addon.

How many quests, and what rewards specifically are removed, I cant say.

I mention this to make people aware you may not receive what you expect if these changes for into effect in 11.0.5 or whatever patch.

Would be Nice if they added the Old Elite PvP items to vendors, and just put them behind rating achievements. so the people that participated in the seasons can go back and get the Weapons they earned but could not use at the time…

1 Like

When transmog was released in Cata quest rewards for even classic quests were retroactively applied.

I’m sure this data is stored somewhere and is likely available.

1 Like

Does this include appearances from removed quests?

If you eaned them before they were removed, I believe so.

This is amazing news. Thank you!

It better! I want my leather, cloth, and sword transmog from The Scepter of the Shifting Sands questline. It’s in Classic! They can reimport it!

This is good. It would also be nice if eventually quests can be more streamlined in Warbands, especially ones that are very long and unlock old content (such as Mechagon). I totally get wanting players to do these one on character first if they never have (to see the story), but having to do them repeatedly on multiple characters is too time consuming.

2 Likes

i’m trying to think if there’s any reason why these would have been overlooked, because for people who were eligible, the appearances should have been added with the same patch which gave our Speedy Racer Goggles back.
i’m not seeing any of the quest rewards in my wardrobe
(and i would probably never have noticed, but that’s not the point)

need all the mogs.
including the ugly ones like the gnomish turban :smile:

1 Like

What about the gear a lot of us are missing out on during the pre-expansion event? The gear that drops for pre-level 70s? We are leveling too fast during the event to adequately farm the gear without making more alts to continue the process.

1 Like

The Hearthstone-IP shows how much fun the multi-cultural approach actually is. The constant lust for faction war really ruined Warcraft in the long run.

The whole idea of Warcraft revolves around the factions wars, has been this way since the RTS Orc vs Human days all the way through World of Warcraft.

2 Likes

Thanks blizz. Doing the nightborne rep to exalted like 12 times in legion was awful. This feels more respectful. Some quests and storylines are best enjoyed once. While others are fun to do daily : )

Alternatively , let people get the rating required and acquire any/all previous PvP Elite sets, Mounts, Tabards, Weapons. They just won’t get the titles. Far better than letting something like the Netherdrakes with Armor fade out of existence when all those 40+yr olds never log back in.

2 Likes

Shamelessly bumping this cause people are still making new threads about it

2 Likes