Collecting Appearances in The War Within

please please put in a fix for collecting the mini game shadowlands covenant appearance sets. I and other people trying to collect the UNITY necrolord set recolors are having trouble getting any pieces now at all to drop even though there is a confirmed drop from a flagged world quest (and unity is with us) because of the changes that happened to transmog in the recent patch. It was rewarding all armor set appearances but now none at all- even though some other people get a reward. I really don’t want to have to grind 44000 anima again to make another stitchyard as a “self-fix” only for it to possibly bug out again and stop rewarding me pieces that my character can actually use for transmog. I will take any sort of fix to it at this point. I’m sure even the other covenant transmog mini games are bugged out too from what i have heard. It’s incredibly disappointing how hard it is to collect this old content transmog when i thought the point of the changes was to improve collecting.

2 Likes

The biggest W for the mogging community would be to remove ALL mogging restrictions!

2 Likes

I feel like it’s an accident because of how the scaling has worked. It tends to bork old content and then they have to go back and fix it.

It unfortunately takes them a while to fix it. It’s been a problem though since they put ilvl scaling in mid-Legion. I’ve hated it ever since. They already have level scaling. They don’t need ilvl scaling on top of that. It’s created more problems than anything.

1 Like

These changes will be coming in a later patch the same way that additional character customization options were coming in a later Shadowlands patch.

Can someone comment on “non-cosmetic”? And what that means?

Seems counterintuitive to me.

I would have especially wished for this change during Legion times. There was just so much to collect.

It’s irrelevant is what i’m saying. They continue to do that because their system is flawed.
They do not fix it, because they don’t care about it.

It’s irrelevant how things got to where they are, Blizzard is irresponsible with their scaling system and don’t take any ownership over a fix.

Like i said, you’re ignorant, i don’t care how it happened, i want them to resolve the issue.
I’ve reported you twice, hopefully you take a vacation to brush up on your manners, you small one.

I’m not for all being removed. I feel that class tier should still be exclusive to those classes. But some of the other stuff doesn’t make sense. Mainly weapon restrictions. I for some reason cannot mog a one-hander over two-handers even though both types vary in size and look pretty similar.

Tier set appearances are already available to other classes of the same armor type.

They are absolutely responsible. They are stubborn about keeping it. And I wonder if it’s just because it’s so hard baked now that they can’t remove it.

1 Like

Not specific class sets. There are sets that are for gear type. That’s not what I’m talking about.

Some items are marked as cosmetic, so they aren’t actually items you equip, but you learn the appearances when you learn them.

The class items that drop from Hellfire Citadel, Temple of Sargeras, Molten Core, etc, are not “cosmetic”

And that’s also what I’m talking about. There’s no real reason we aren’t able to mog cloth appearances over leather. I know it’s a pipe dream.

I think it’s a step too far for class specific sets. It ruins what is special about those. Anything else I don’t really care about.

He’s been on my list for years for not being worth arguing with.

It also has a simple fix, they already have legacy buffs on other older raids, they can simply add a legacy buff to the player on the content that got harder to negate the scaling buff.
They’re simply lazy and/or do not care about this.

One day that attitude will catch up to them and they won’t like it.

Iconic class sets can remain restricted. I fully agree there. It’s everything else they need to relinquish the restrictions on.

1 Like

They had already adjusted BFA stuff. Something just suddenly gave everything more health in prepatch. I’m guessing they’ll have to go back and adjust the health again.

Yeah agreed.

1 Like

The issue resolves itself when you hit 80, there’s nothing to “fix” other than your impatience and your lack of comprehension.