Collecting Appearances in The War Within

Thank you so much for removing more game play from me.

Have you ever heard of options? As in allowing a person to opt-in or opt-out of your shiny new idea?

Not everyone wants to gather every reward as quickly and easily as possible. Some of us actually like playing your game and are happy to have lots of reasons to run your content over and over again.

why would you want something so gargantuan, take longer than it already does?

this change is long overdue.

removing the need to do something over and over again for YEARS on end, isn’t fun or engaging game-play.

having to do all the quests, on both factions, on all armor classes… isn’t something that most people would ever commit to, no matter how much they want to do it.

i’m a bit loopy, and even i couldn’t manage to sign on for that insanity. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

How dare you disrespect my my weekly mount run at [raid], I LOOK FORWARD TO THE WEEKLY DISAPOINTMENT

at least remix took away the need to run the panda raids til we puke.

1 Like

Because I enjoy playing the game.

Which I said.

For you.

Clearly it is for me.

And did I say they should have to?

Pretty sure I asked for an option to opt-in or out.

And yet, folks have been doing it for years.

I understand the majority of players like warbands because they just want the shinies with as little effort as possible.

I don’t. I am not playing an account, I am playing characters and I develop them each separately.

It was bad enough having titles a character never earned or a mount from a play they never went to available to them but at least I could keep track of that to a certain degree.

This makes that impossible. Especially since it will be retroactive.

is it though?
it doesn’t really look like it’s something which you actively work on :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

it got to the point where i stopped running content, because i’d only get items which i couldn’t learn, and it was usually drops which REFUSE to drop for the appropriate armor class/class.

You’re treating what you do as some form of skill or prestige and Warbands as “cheating”. And it’s not.

If you get a mount you earned it, it’s not cheating to use it on another/all your characters. Same with any other cosmetic.

There’s nothing prestigious about RNG. You got the thing. End of story.

1 Like

No, you are choosing to misinterpret my words to mean that.

I am a solo player (grouped for the first time in twelve years in Remix) so I don’t give a dam on a personal level what another person does or does not do in the game as long as it doesn’t adversely affect my experience. I am not a part of your hypercompetitive culture.

It is about developing characters as unique individuals and amount of gameplay.

But it is interesting that is the spin you choose to put on my words :thinking: .

I have fifteen characters I play at will (and a sixteenth, a DH, I just can’t seem to get into) and they all have their own character sheets, adventure paths and to-do lists and none of them except my hunter have adventure paths that do not include re-doing content I have already done on at least several other characters.

When I get bored or frustrated chasing a specific objective, I either switch to a different objective or switch to another character for a different adventure and save it for another day.

It is one of the advantages of playing a variety of characters all with their own adventure paths.

Granted I have yet to convince myself to return to Icecrown Citadel for several objectives, including Invincible, but that is my fault for not stopping the moment I started to become irritated with the issues in that raid as that is clear indicator I am no longer enjoying myself, and my one rule for playing Wow is: this is a game, it is suppose to be fun, if anything isn’t fun or stops being fun, don’t do it.

yah… nobody likes running ICC :stuck_out_tongue:

but now we can collect appearances from Dreamwalker, without having to resort to time consuming workarounds to cheese the fight on a non-healer

1 Like

I loved it at first. It just felt so… epic!

But when even Professor Putricide, whose ‘Good News’ speech became my favorite thing in the raid, started to get on my nerves, I knew it was time to hang up my hat for another day. Or year. Or years as it has turned out :grin: .

I have been waiting to get the bandage gun from Legion to try her again. I am hoping the idea of finally having a viable way to beat that fight will incentivize me to start running it again ('cause nothing else has!)

But I still would rather each of my characters earn them on their own.

Rewards, for me, give my game play shape and direction and add an extra bit of excitement. They could just be random numbers on a list and I would still use them as a guide and incentives.

Not that I don’t like playing dress-up with my characters as much as the next person (in remix, I broke out my yak before I even talked to the second questgiver) but it is the being in the World and interacting within it, not the having, that is my cake with the drops/rewards just the icing. The icing is important, but not the point.

(And all the asks for ‘conveniences’, short cuts, bad-luck protection, skips, ect make me honestly believe the majority of people on this board don’t actually like playing the game. They want a little cake to make them feel like they merited the ‘wins’ but the icing is the actual point. And I think it is because Blizzard has gutted the game of any depth, choosing to promote competitive gameplay while removing immersive and rp features like building characters as individuals.)

And it’s not like I am asking for anything to be taken away from others who like WoW as more video gamey and less of an immersive experience, I am just asking for an opt-out of it.

…Wasn’t this supposed to be a launch feature?

Thank you!!!

This is great news and its nice to have an official post that describes what to expect. Communication like this is critical to keeping the community active. This is a huge win in my book.

… loving QOL that makes having aesthetics on alts better has nothing to do with “hypercompetitive culture”… I don’t think you know what that term means.

Not having but earning.

Not better but easier, faster and simpler.

And, hey, you’re the one who brought up skill and prestige, not me.

Clearly, that is how you judge the value of things.

Not the the fun of the gameplay and/or the time, effort and energy invested.

But how one stacks up against other players.

It sounds like you prize most of all knowing how much of your time you were able to tolerate being wasted, and how much better a person that makes you than players who aren’t into that.

1 Like

Fun is what I prize most of all when it comes to WoW so my time is never wasted because, as long as the game provides me with that, I play, and when it stop being fun, I unsub and move onto another form of entertainment.

Which is why this is an issue for me. They are removing some of my gametime, making the game, overall, a less functional leisure activity for me.

And, again, I am not asking for warbands to be removed, I am asking for an option to opt-out of it.

Ah, another person who judges themselves thru comparisons to others.

Some of us have grown out of that.

LOL. You are constantly judging other people and finding them wanting. You see everyone but yourself as playing the game wrong and for the wrong reasons, and in almost every post you write you make this point. Curious that you have not noticed your own behavior in this regard.

1 Like

I am always unsure when people misinterpret what I say, are corrected but choose to persist in their invention, if they are honestly thick or just trolling.

Either way, I am really glad ignore exists! :grin: