"Collected" sound and animation on login

Edit: It seems this may have something to do with unlocking Zereth Mortis flying. That’s approximately when it started happening to me, and now that my husband has unlocked ZM flying, it’s happening to him as well.

Also, there’s a player in the EU having the same issue, and they say it started on 16 March, and though they don’t relate the issue to ZM flying, they did unlock it on 16 March according to their achievements.

All thanks to @ Lithelinne in this thread for mentioning when it started happening to them.

Anyone else having this issue?

Note: Posting in GD for more visibility, because this is driving me insane and I’ve already posted in TS with no results.

THE ISSUE: For quite a while now, when I log in on any of my characters, the “collected” sound and animation is displayed–the glowing gold burst of light, and the sound as if they’ve just learned or “used” an item, like a pet or mount. This happens on every single character, even newly created ones. It happens when I log into any of my characters on a different computer even, but doesn’t happen on that computer with my husband’s characters on his account.

WHAT I’VE TRIED: I’ve posted in Tech Support, and I’ve done everything in the “resetting” instructions here: Learning sound and animation - #3 by Kershew and still have this issue. I also completely deleted and reinstalled the game, and still have the same issue on a fresh install with no addons or modifications to interface or system menus at all. I don’t have any gifts or purchases waiting to be collected or opened.

I finally put in a ticket and then posted a bug report as instructed by the GM who responded, and I thought I’d post here to see if this had ever happened to anyone else, and perhaps they’d found a solution.

2 Likes

Happens on at least some of mine pretty regularly

That’s actually to represent Blizzard collecting a small portion of your soul each time you log in.

18 Likes

I have never seen this happen before. Could you have a purchase or a gift sitting in your queue waiting to be collected?

2 Likes

I do not. I have checked and rechecked for that.

That is weird. Was the only thing I could think of. I wish you luck in sorting it.

So I guess you’re saying that canceling my sub is a fix? :wink:

2 Likes

You have to get out now! Leave before it’s too late!

1 Like

Are you sure it’s only some? Any idea why?

I get this a lot. I always assumed it was because I learned a mount or something on one character and then when I log on another one, that one needs to “learn” it too. No idea if this is accurate or not though.

Not sure about either :man_shrugging:

But you’d think that this wouldn’t be the cause if I’m getting this on every character, every single time I log in. I can log out of my main, and log right back in, and it does this animation/sound effect. I’ve logged in to every single one of my characters, and it happens over and over.

Whatever they’re learning/collecting, you’d think it would be done by now, right?

Yeah that’s fair. I never gave it much thought because I made an assumption and it never really bothered me. Hopefully you can get it figured out though.

Are you absolutely certain you don’t have a pet, mount, or toy in your collection you still need to click on for the first time? I had a similar problem and it turned out to be that.

1 Like

I’ve looked through the entire list of pets and mounts (though these items are usually at the top, are they not?), and checked my account as well. I can’t see anything that I haven’t “unwrapped” to collect it.

1 Like

ok, not trying to be a pest (just helpful), but you checked the toybox too?

That is a very odd bug… I wonder if it’s related to character select screen frequently showing characters in the wrong spec or transmog, too.

I hadn’t before, but I just did and nada.

Thank you, and I know you’re not being a pest! :smiley:

1 Like

IDK, I’ve had that issue as well, though it seems to clear itself up after a short while.

I -think- it might have to do with:

I don’t have the sound effect on toons that haven’t used that yet.