"Collected" sound and animation on login

Well, it’s not that for me, as I’ve not obtained that item yet–and this sound effect happens on all of my characters, any level, any server, any account. I didn’t know about that item though, so thanks! :smiley:

Because I’d really like to fix this, I’m bumping it up!

Thats… really odd. But not REALLY unexpected from such a small, indie company, right?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Sometimes when i log in i get achievement notices for things i got 10 years ago.

Sad, but ultimately true. :confused:

I get those notices too, and not just on new characters that always get the “50 quests completed” achievements after about four quests. :roll_eyes:

This didn’t start happening for me until after I got ZM flying. Ever since I hear the sound the first time I log into a character every day. This isn’t intentional?

Hmmmm, interesting! There’s one other player that I know of that’s having this issue, but it’s someone in the EU region. In their post in TS in the EU forums, they mentioned that it started on the 16th, which may have been around the time that they got ZM flying, IDK. I know that I got it on the 16th, and though I’m not sure when this issue started exactly, I posted in TS for the first time on the 18th, so maybe there’s something to this.

However, my husband has ZM flying unlocked, and isn’t having this sound effect/graphical issue, so… :woman_shrugging:

ETA: Actually, now my husband DOES have the same issue, and he HAS unlocked ZM flying. Maybe we’re on to something here.

Have you tried turning off/removing your addons and trying to see if it happens when they are gone. Weird things often take place when addons and the game don’t jell. :woman_shrugging:

Yes, I’ve done all of the resetting steps, including that, as instructed by Tech Support. Also have uninstalled and reinstalled the game completely, and it still happens on a fresh install.

Did you check on your b-net account to see if you have a gift? Not in game but either from the b-net app or from the website. That’s the only thing I can think of that you haven’t tried (that I know of).

Yep! I checked the gifts in the launcher and on the website, and don’t have any.

I’ve (maybe) figured out what’s causing this:

It seems this has something to do with unlocking Zereth Mortis flying. That’s approximately when it started happening to me, and now that my husband has unlocked ZM flying, it’s happening to him as well.

Also, there’s a player in the EU having the same issue, and they say it started on 16 March, and though they don’t relate the issue to ZM flying, they did unlock it on 16 March according to their achievements.

All thanks to @ Lithelinne in this thread for mentioning when it started happening to them.

Anyone else having this issue?

bumping because I just started having this issue as well, and recently got zerith mortis flying

I do have this as well, please help

Will this ever be fixed? It’s super annoying.

2 Likes

I got this too recently and I assumed it was an addon like allthethings. Would be nice to have this fixed.

Do you have an account on Classic? Maybe it’s some weird crossover from there?

Just a thought that came to mind, though I realize it is unlikely as classic handles such things differently.